The Student Room Group

Politics Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
I'm only waiting on sussex too :grumble:

And now neither of us are waiting! Congratulations on your offer!

They blatantly saw this and decided to dish them out!

5 out of 5 :biggrin:!
Original post by Gallois
And now neither of us are waiting! Congratulations on your offer!

They blatantly saw this and decided to dish them out!

5 out of 5 :biggrin:!

Congratulations to you too :biggrin:

Must have decided to stop making us having to wait on the final one. I think wating for the last one was just as bad as waiting for the first :yes:

:biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Congratulations to you too :biggrin:

Must have decided to stop making us having to wait on the final one. I think wating for the last one was just as bad as waiting for the first :yes:

:biggrin:

Haha, definitely! I am going to miss that small rush you get when you see [email protected]! It's always so tense but at the same time so exciting.
Reply 43
I am hoping to do Politics at leeds with Newcastle as my backup. Anyone heard from Leeds or Newcastle yet?
Reply 44
Applying to:

Kent: Conflict, Peace and Security
Keele: Politics and IR
St Andrews: IR
Nottingham: IR & Global Issues
Dundee: Politics and IR

No offers yet, but i'd like to go to kent!
Reply 45
I sent my UCAS off a couple of weeks ago and have 3 offers so far :smile:
Applied to:
University of Liverpool - Conditional Offer - AAB
University of Nottingham
University of Sheffield
Liverpool Hope University - Conditional offer (Politics & IR) - 280 points
Chester University - Conditional Offer - BBC
Reply 46
Applying for:
International Politics and Conflict Studies - Queens Uni Belfast
Social Policy - Queens Uni Belfast
Social Policy - Ulster Uni Jordanstown
Politics - Ulster Uni Jordanstown
History + International Development - Ulster Uni Coleraine

Would have loved to have applied for other International Politics type ones abroad, (England or Scotland) but I couldn't afford it.
Reply 47
International Politics - King's college london
Politics and philosophy : Durham , Edinburgh, LSE
And still deciding between Bristol and Warwick for my last
Reply 48
International Politics - KCL
Politics (L200) - Bristol
Politics (L210) - Sheffield
International Politics - Surrey
International relations & European Politics - UEA

Feel free to PM me if your doing any of these courses at any of these uni's!!! :biggrin:
Reply 49
Original post by unoh
any Nottingham/Birmingham/Leeds/Exeter/LSE offers?

also this useful everyone use it
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34715657&highlight=

Nottingham
Reply 50
Original post by Accfin
Nottingham

hhaha thanks dont worry i got my offer couple of weeks ago, not freaking out anymore x
Reply 51
Applying for Politics at Hull, Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam and Chester, and International Politics at Huddersfield. My choices are sort of safe considering I'm just trying to knuckle down and work on my exam technique to get as high grades as I can. Predicted BBB/BBC.
Reply 52
Applied for
UEA-L200
Leicester-L200
Reading- IR
Brunnel- L200
Notts Trent- L200

Received UEA a few days ago so I have all my offers now, can't decide between UEA or Leicester as my firm though.
So far:

offer to sit PPE (Politics, Philosophy and Economics) at Royal Holloway/University of London (AAB/35 IB points plus 5 at SL Math).

Due to an error, I sent my offer on the 15th of January and I am still waiting to hear back from Bath (IR with Politics) and Kent( IR with Politics + year abroad in Japan). I have to admit I am rather concerned regarding the lateness as I sent my application rather late and my prediction is basically 36 IB points (AAB/AAA at A-Level), so I don't know whether it is going to work out or not.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by HyperInSugar
So far:

offer to sit PPE (Politics, Philosophy and Economics) at Royal Holloway/University of London (AAB/35 IB points plus 5 at SL Math).

Due to an error, I sent my offer on the 15th of January and I am still waiting to hear back from Bath (IR with Politics) and Kent( IR with Politics + year abroad in Japan). I have to admit I am rather concerned regarding the lateness I sent my application rather late and my prediction is basically 36 IB points (AAB/AAA at A-Level), so I don't know whether it is going to work out or not.

The universities cannot discriminate against your application for its timing; it was received before the deadline.

Quick Reply