The Student Room Group

How much money did you spend on your driving lessons?

How much did you spend on driving lessons in order for you to pass your practical driving test?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can't remember precisely how many lessons, somewhere between 25 and 30. Booked them in blocks of 5 at £100 per block, so between 500 and 600.

Combine that with the cost of the provisional licence, the theory test, the practical test, and the cost of hiring a car for the practical as my instructor went on holiday and we're looking at between £800 and £900 for the whole lot.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
All in all its cost near enough £700 - I feel sorry for my parents as there are two of us!
I kinda lost count, but I think I probably spent around £1500 - I was a slow nervy learner :o:
Reply 4
£240 odd, including using the car for practical test. I got a couple of lessons free for recommendations so I had 16 in total at £20 a lesson.

If you want my advice, spend the money to find a decent instructor. Don't think "well I've had one lesson i may as well continue with this guy" if you don't get on you don't get on, not all instructors click with all students. Good instructors are hard to come by.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
£232.
Reply 6
I had 20 lessons, and i cant remember now how much each lesson cost. But I paid for them in blocks of 10 though to be fair. I also did three lessons a week for the first three weeks, then went down to two. Due to having more than one lesson a week I picked things up easier and was able to pass first time with 3 minors :smile:

No matter what though, it is going to cost a fortune lol.
Reply 7
i spent nothing on my driving lessons and tests, and i fail the practical 4 times...

but passed my C and my C+E first time :smile:
Way too much! I failed my test twice and swapped instructors 5 times.

But compared to the money I have to spend to get a car and insure it, it seems like nothing.
£0
Reply 10
I had about 40 lessons at £17 each so £680 and adding on theory and practical that'll be about £780. Damn, didn't realise it costs so much but thank god it's over and done with now.
Reply 11
A quick calculation shows I paid about £640. That was having lessons from April-November in 2009.
Reply 12
£1700 quid the driving instructors were nice to me, mow i know why! Ihad about 70 lessons and 3 tests.
Reply 13
about 30 lessons @ £17.50 per lesson.. not including petrol for private practice.. the cost one one theory test & two practicals tests (failed first time, but got zero minors the second)
£630 for 30 (£210 for 10)
Well I had double lessons a week..so £38 a week. Had like 100 lessons worth (shocking but they were broken up in my defense and a range of instructors!)..So that's £1900 (I think). Not to mention the theory test and then the actual practical test which *surprise surprise* i passed first time...
Multiply that by two for my sister who was taking lessons at the same time...my poor father :facepalm2:. I'm not proud...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
I'd genuinely advise you, if possible, to learn with your mum/dad. I also bought 5 lessons for £56, so I learnt my mirrors, blind spots, etc. Your parent's can teach you how to drive; your instructor can teach you how to pass the test :smile:
I spent £1003 on my driving test. Passed first time.
Reply 18
Too much :frown:
Provisional - No idea - got that over 5 years ago.
Theory Test - Approx £30 [back in 2010].
Lessons - 20 at £18 an hour [including the hour for the test]. [Amazing instructor, by the way, so if you are looking for lessons up around Durham, I'd definitely recommend.] :smile:
Test - £62.

Total - £452 [plus the provisional at whatever that cost]. :smile:

I am just so pleased to have done it now. For years I had no interest in it at all. Then I decided to take lessons in October [a month or two into my pgce] and passed my test in February [after having a month/5 weeks without lessons in December]. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending