The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
yesterday:
Breakfast - bagel with peanut butter
Lunch - lentil soup, roll. Yoghurt
Dinner - vegetable soup, chicken breast, new potatoes, carrots.

plus a fair few alcohol calories... but no cheesy chips!

and ~4 mile cycle
Eggs for breakfast FTW :biggrin:
Far superior to cereal/museli :smile:

Going to go give zumba another go later. I went once before and didn't really like it, but I think I need to give it another few chances before I make up my mind.
Reply 82
Morning everyone! :smile:
I'm going to have scrambled egg on toast for brekkie :smile:
Reply 83
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36278892']Eggs for breakfast FTW :biggrin:
Far superior to cereal/museli :smile:

pinksfun
Morning everyone!
I'm going to have scrambled egg on toast for brekkie

Ah man, got major breakfast egg jealousy now! Ah well, my porridge was pretty damn good too :smile:

Am still aching like a mofo from Body Pump on Monday - pain in the quads went yesterday, but my triceps are still killing me! Not sure what kind of exercise would be best today, don't have that much time as I've got loads of work to do...might make it to the gym later, or possibly just try and do some cycling at home.

Also, have decided my diet has been slipping a bit recently, nothing too awful but have got into the habit of having unnecessary chocolate "treats", so am trying to avoid anything but just plain dark chocolate at the moment.

That said, was thinking of having at go at making these when I have a minute:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/469409-protein-cocolate-chip-cookies-d

They look so good :redface:
Reply 84
Original post by drika
Ah man, got major breakfast egg jealousy now! Ah well, my porridge was pretty damn good too :smile:

Am still aching like a mofo from Body Pump on Monday - pain in the quads went yesterday, but my triceps are still killing me! Not sure what kind of exercise would be best today, don't have that much time as I've got loads of work to do...might make it to the gym later, or possibly just try and do some cycling at home.

Also, have decided my diet has been slipping a bit recently, nothing too awful but have got into the habit of having unnecessary chocolate "treats", so am trying to avoid anything but just plain dark chocolate at the moment.

That said, was thinking of having at go at making these when I have a minute:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/469409-protein-cocolate-chip-cookies-d

They look so good :redface:

Agreed! they look so yummy! :smile: I might have to steal the recipe and try making them! :biggrin:
Reply 85
Also, whilst I'm at the recipes, I made these veggie burgers last night and they were YUM (+healthy+easy):
http://www.theppk.com/2012/02/quarter-pounder-beet-burger

aaaand planning on making these soon too
http://www.veggienumnum.com/2011/07/quinoa-bean-burritos-w-slaw-green-tomato-salsa/

Both websites are packed with lots of yummy and healthy veggie/vegan recipes for anyone who's interested :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by alabelle
Can anyone recommend some cheap but accurate scales? My mum offered me some for free but they're not great and I won't be going home for a while so I can't collect them. :/

I've got these - can't comment on how accurate they are, but they're reliable (weigh the same each time you step on). I got them half price from somewhere, so they're probably on sale if you look around!

I had an interview this morning that didn't really go very well, so I was a bit stressed out, which led to a massive craving to binge...I was so so so tempted to go back via Sainsburys and buy two tubes of Pringles and a pack of Jaffa Cakes, but I managed to resist...hope my resistance can last!
My washing machine has finally been fixed :woo:
This is kinda fitness related, cause I haven't been able to wash my workout stuff for two weeks :tongue:

Going to chuck a wash on while I'm at Zumba (I wear different stuff for that than running/pole dancing/combat)
Reply 88
Original post by SoapyDish
I've got these - can't comment on how accurate they are, but they're reliable (weigh the same each time you step on). I got them half price from somewhere, so they're probably on sale if you look around!

I had an interview this morning that didn't really go very well, so I was a bit stressed out, which led to a massive craving to binge...I was so so so tempted to go back via Sainsburys and buy two tubes of Pringles and a pack of Jaffa Cakes, but I managed to resist...hope my resistance can last!

Thanks! My mum just gave me a ring and said she thinks she might be able to bring her set through next Wednesday, but if she can't I'll probably get those. :smile: We have a Salter set at home that have lasted for years and they're very reliable too.

And well done on your resistance!

----

The boyfriend is coming down for half-term soon, so it's going to be more difficult to eat healthily... hope it's not impossible though! The only really difficult thing should be keeping my alcohol calories low, but that's the same problem I have every week. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Gah :frown:
Got to zumba and it already full! I'm so annoyed. That was the main exercise I'd planned for the day. I could do 30DS when I get inbut I'm not really in the mood :s-smilie:
Reply 90
Just had 8 squares of dark choc (160 cals)...naughty naughty...but it was goooood! Just going to factor in with the rest of my cals for the day

Making mocha cupcakes to take home at the weekend :biggrin:
Reply 91
Haven't posted here in a while sorry, barely been on the computer. But yeah, I've got a week off school so I'm going to totally go for it with the exercise, I've got 3lbs to go until I reach 10st, so I really would like to reach that ASAP.
Eugh.
Currently fighting the desire to eat everything.
Reply 93
had such a hectic morning, didn't get to eat my first meal of the day until 4pm :frown: I never, ever normally skip meals, I was so hungry!

Fish cakes and veg tonight :biggrin:
Reply 94
I've had one of those days where all I want to do is snap at people and be grumpy and totally inactive. I may do 30 mins on the bike shortly...or I may not :tongue:

Breakfast - banana
Lunch - tomato soup and 2 Ryveta with flora, apple
Snack - orange and 30g raisins
Dinner - tuna steak (DELICIOUS! My first encounter with this and it was awesome) with 200g homemade oven chips

Think I'll have some grapes and maybe a Ski Mousse later on.

ETA: Just had really bad news....exercise is now out the window and all I want to do is stuff my face in self pity...great
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 95
Ahhh this week I've lost 3lbs!! I'm absolutely over the moon, it's the biggest loss I've had in absolutely ages! :biggrin:
God I just wanna eat everything. Was so hungry so had a bowl of salad (lettuce, cucumber and tomato with a slice of ham)..still hungry...so had some pineapple and melon...still hungry...bowl of rice krispies...still hungry...and then stupidly ate a victoria slice knowing full well it wasn't gonna solve the problem. Gaaahhh i just wanna eat but i've already had 1500kcals today already and no exercise. I get that i'm gonna have good and bad days but every bloody day is a bad day these days...
Original post by VampireDiaries
Hmm I think that is the hard part except going from losing weight to trying to gain weight/muscle is totally opposite and my body doesn't seem to like it lol. It feels like torture to me. Myfitnesspal states I need 1890 calories to gain 0.5 per week. I don't go to the gym, I have the equipment at home. I had around 2200 today because of cardio but other than cardio days 1890 sounds right for a slow bulk as I know maintenance for me is around 1700. And I was so wrong about not feeling anything. My arms have a nice ache, my legs too. My back aches a little from the deadlifts so I'm not sure whether I should get a belt to lower the impact. I might start recording my lifts on here so my improvements if any over the coming weeks can be seen. I'm trying to have about 180g plus protein on strength days and 200g plus on cardio days as more calories to use. I'm guessing that's enough anyway but gonna try and increase the protein and reduce my carbs as although I'm not having processed food, I feel like I'm missing something. Need to add more veg to my current diet too.

I know what you mean. Hopefully you will be fine and gain some muscle :biggrin:. 180g is a lot. As long as you are eating 1g of protein per body weight that should be fine and enough for muscle growth so don't worry too much about it if you can't eat more than that. You will get lots of aches from lifting (I was aching bad from doing squats). However after a while the pain will stop and you should be fine.

Original post by 08batee
Ahhh this week I've lost 3lbs!! I'm absolutely over the moon, it's the biggest loss I've had in absolutely ages! :biggrin:

WOW 3lbs is huge!!! Well done you must be over the moon :smile:
Need some input? Are snack a jacks REALLY that good for you? Or would I be better off just having some low calorie crisps? Which would kep me fuller for longer? :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
God I just wanna eat everything. Was so hungry so had a bowl of salad (lettuce, cucumber and tomato with a slice of ham)..still hungry...so had some pineapple and melon...still hungry...bowl of rice krispies...still hungry...and then stupidly ate a victoria slice knowing full well it wasn't gonna solve the problem. Gaaahhh i just wanna eat but i've already had 1500kcals today already and no exercise. I get that i'm gonna have good and bad days but every bloody day is a bad day these days...

Reading this sounds just like me. I keep getting the urge to just eat everything and then promise myself tomorrow I'll get back on track.

Just had a toasted bagel with Nutella bad yes, but oh so good.

Latest