The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Anyone going to the open day on the 15th or 29th?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 561
I'm going on the 11th anyone else ? :smile:
Reply 562
Hi I am applying for medicine at southampton and I still have not gotten a reply back... It is the only reply that is missing from my application. Are they still sending out offers or not?
Reply 563
Original post by Oronkira
Hi I am applying for medicine at southampton and I still have not gotten a reply back... It is the only reply that is missing from my application. Are they still sending out offers or not?

yes, they send out offers until the end of March usually.
Original post by Cramer
Anyone going to the open day on the 15th or 29th?

I'm going on the 15th for applied social sciences.
Reply 565
anyone going on open day for 14th feb?
Reply 566
Original post by glf2110
I would phone the admissions dept and check. Explain the distance that youre travelling, you may not be needed.

Thanks!
They asked me to set up the date for a telephone chat with an academic.
I'm quite nervous as I've never been interviewed by phone.
Do you have any idea how these chats work and how long do they last?

:smile:
Reply 567
Original post by ievaavei

Thanks!

Maths you said? The face to face chats are informal and last about 20-25 minutes. I can't imagine they'd keep you on the phone that long though.
Reply 568
Original post by alibee
Maths you said? The face to face chats are informal and last about 20-25 minutes. I can't imagine they'd keep you on the phone that long though.

Film & Philosophy

Thanks!
Reply 569

Film & Philosophy

Thanks!

Oh I don't know where I got maths from. Your interview might be a bit more formal then if they're so insistent you speak to someone rather than just skip it. I couldn't attend mine and it was no big deal. I have no experience of film and philosophy though. I'm sure it'll be fine! It's likely a chance for you to get any questions about the course answered etc/ a chance for them to sell the course and department to you.
Reply 570
Original post by alibee
Oh I don't know where I got maths from. Your interview might be a bit more formal then if they're so insistent you speak to someone rather than just skip it. I couldn't attend mine and it was no big deal. I have no experience of film and philosophy though. I'm sure it'll be fine! It's likely a chance for you to get any questions about the course answered etc/ a chance for them to sell the course and department to you.

I am thinking that maybe they will be asking me questions based on my PS or something. But it seems that I will be the one who will be asking :smile:
Thanks once again for your replays!!!
Reply 571
Thanks!

Hei, i just had my interview last week for another uni and they sent me an offer yday.
So, from my experience i can tell u they say that the talk lasts about 25 mins, mine was about 40 mins, and first they ask you questions and then they allow you some time to ask questions u have. As for what they ask, they will usually ask things they find interesting or maybe suspicious in your PS, also ask a sort of problem solving question, for example i had a question about how i managed the publication of a magazine and what did i do as editor, and also to say my opinion on Amazon. They will however ask some things from the recommendation letter as well and usually they want to see if you would fit into their uni. Don't worry about it, just make sure to know what you said in the PS, think about what you did related to the course and why you want to study that subject. There would be more to say but just be confident and i'm sure you'll do great :smile:
And btw I'm also an EU student
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 572
Original post by lexutza
Hei, i just had my interview last week for another uni and they sent me an offer yday.
So, from my experience i can tell u they say that the talk lasts about 25 mins, mine was about 40 mins, and first they ask you questions and then they allow you some time to ask questions u have. As for what they ask, they will usually ask things they find interesting or maybe suspicious in your PS, also ask a sort of problem solving question, for example i had a question about how i managed the publication of a magazine and what did i do as editor, and also to say my opinion on Amazon. They will however ask some things from the recommendation letter as well and usually they want to see if you would fit into their uni. Don't worry about it, just make sure to know what you said in the PS, think about what you did related to the course and why you want to study that subject. There would be more to say but just be confident and i'm sure you'll do great :smile:
And btw I'm also an EU student

That was really helpful!
Thanks!
And congratulation on your offer!
What are you going to study?

Reply 573
That was really helpful!
Thanks!
And congratulation on your offer!
What are you going to study?

Glad I could be of some help. I am going to study Business Management combined with Publishing Media :smile: Got an offer from Soton for Criminology and Psychological Studies, but the management degree also has a 1 year placement. So I decided it would be better for my future career. Hope you do well at your interview x x
Reply 574
I have a place at Southampton for Adult Nursing! So happy, Southampton is my top choice :smile: Now I just need to get the grades! Good luck to everyone else applying to Southampton and congrats to anyone who has got a place :smile:
Reply 575
Hop hop, got my offer from SOuthampton for Physics and Spaces sciences/...

But i've totally forgotten to book a visit day .... so I will not be able to go on the one tomorrow !!! >_<

P.S. There is no group on facebook yet ? :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 576
Original post by FreyaJane
I have a place at Southampton for Adult Nursing! So happy, Southampton is my top choice :smile: Now I just need to get the grades! Good luck to everyone else applying to Southampton and congrats to anyone who has got a place :smile:

They like you. It's probable that even if you slip a grade (or 2) they'll still take you. :smile:
I've applied for BA Archaeology :smile: going to the visit day tomorrow for my interview ... fingers crossed it goes well :/
Reply 578
I just got an offer of AAA including maths and physics, but I've already gotten an A* in maths and they know this, so how could they offer me this offer. :s-smilie:

I'm confused.
Original post by Kaiser7
I just got an offer of AAA including maths and physics, but I've already gotten an A* in maths and they know this, so how could they offer me this offer. :s-smilie:

I'm confused.

So your offer is just AA including Physics, contact them if you're worried or w/e

Quick Reply

Latest