The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

I'm still 3 short on offers.

Glasgow have said mid March.

Edinburgh, well I'm applying for economics which I believe comes under humanities. So by the end of February.

Heriot-Watt hopefully any day now.
I'm still waiting to hear from my top 3 unis. :s-smilie: I'm checking my emails several times a day!
Reply 4022
This is maybe a stupid question but is it possible to have offers during the weekend too haha?: D
Reply 4023
Original post by Lovefoxxx_93
I'm still waiting to hear from my top 3 unis. :s-smilie: I'm checking my emails several times a day!

Still waiting on my top 2 :frown:

I've applied for French and Spanish, but hopefully if I get an offer from Edinburgh I'd switch to Russian and Spanish, same course as you :awesome:

What's your first choice? :smile:
Original post by Camppu
This is maybe a stupid question but is it possible to have offers during the weekend too haha?: D

It's rare, but it does happen :tongue:
Original post by Camppu

Yes, I know someone who received an offer on a Sunday evening, from Manchester.
Oh I feel for you all still waiting.:frown:

I'm only waiting on Sussex but they said they won't let me know until the 20th so I can relax.:smile: Sending you all loads of offer vibes!
Original post by Beebumble
Oh I feel for you all still waiting.:frown:

I'm only waiting on Sussex but they said they won't let me know until the 20th so I can relax.:smile: Sending you all loads of offer vibes!

Good to see you've got the other offers, I can remember you were waiting for ages for most of them :tongue:
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Good to see you've got the other offers, I can remember you were waiting for ages for most of them :tongue:

Thankyou, I see you have all yours too. Well done.
My first three came quite quickly but typically my top two took forever!:rolleyes::biggrin:
Original post by Beebumble
Thankyou, I see you have all yours too. Well done.
My first three came quite quickly but typically my top two took forever!:rolleyes::biggrin:

Bristol took a while, I think I got their offer last week. 3 visit days booked now: Bath, Bristol and Exeter.

What was your other top uni?
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Bristol took a while, I think I got their offer last week. 3 visit days booked now: Bath, Bristol and Exeter.

What was your other top uni?

Essex and Sussex were my top two.

Going to visit Essex again in March just to be sure I want to firm it been to the most of the others so hopefully I'll be all sorted by March and only to worry getting the grades.:biggrin:
Anyone else happy it is monday tomorrow, hoping it might just be THE week? Come onnnnnnnnnnn Bristol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Gales
Still waiting on my top 2 :frown:

I've applied for French and Spanish, but hopefully if I get an offer from Edinburgh I'd switch to Russian and Spanish, same course as you :awesome:

What's your first choice? :smile:

Possibly Bristol? I'm not too sure. Is Edinburgh yours?
Reply 4033
Got my first offer after waiting a month :biggrin:. Now just got to wait for the rest
Reply 4034
I really hope that this week is going to be my lucky week!! :biggrin: Been waiting for 3months..
Got an offer from Southampton Solent today but they put on my offer that I need to achieve the grade QQQ in my course. I don't think the grade QQQ even exists on BTEC so I've got to contact them now.
Reply 4036
Happy Valentine's, folks!

I hope yours are filled with more prosperity than mine. (I got "friendzoned" by my crush)

My wait for offers is over, and I kind of miss it. There isn't this exciting feeling seeing that you've got a (1) on the email icon anymore. Good luck with getting offers for those who haven't, and for the others: choose your firm and insurance wisely.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JamesBris
Applied for Photography related courses mid November.

Glamorgan - Attended interview, nothing back yet
Newport - Interview 25th
Gloucestershire - Interview 31st
UWE - Herd nothing yet, they seem to be very slow .

Dud you hear back off Glamorgan? I got an offer for photography from there and would like to know who else has (:
Applied for Accounting & Finance on 12th Jan & received all five replies...

-Durham (Rejection)
-Newcastle (Conditional)
-Northumbria (Conditional)
-Sunderland (Conditional)
-Teeside (Conditional)
Reply 4039
Bristol sent me an email about how they have great graduate prospects and I should choose them.

I do not yet have an offer. :rolleyes:

Why toy with my emotions after 4 long months?! Sick.of.waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest