University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by ajayhp
can i come too!

yeaah we should have a tea party at the 42 flat :biggrin:
not sure if seanylpa is still interested though, maybe we should surprise him with a visit :biggrin:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 1001
Original post by Bianca.
yeaah we should have a tea party at the 42 flat :biggrin:
not sure if seanylpa is still interested though, maybe we should surprise him with a visit :biggrin:

Yh we should

:smile:
Guys i'm about the send my forum which one would you recommend from the following : Northfield , Swanborough ( or however is spelled :smile: ) , Stanmer Court . I want an en-suite room and prefer a sociable environment
Where is it best to apply for accommodation in Sussex- either for general living or for medics- in people's opinion?
Reply 1004
Original post by DeanG

Original post by DeanG
Can you apply for accomodation already? :confused:

Yeah. I didn't knw we could apply yet? I firmed like a week ago, so can we start applying now?
Original post by swbp
Yeah. I didn't knw we could apply yet? I firmed like a week ago, so can we start applying now?

Hey, no Sussex send letters on when and how to apply for your accommodation around March. You are then given until the 1st August to apply to be guaranteed a place on campus, providing it is your first year studying at the university
Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1006
Original post by DeanG

Original post by DeanG
I emailed them to ask, we'll get a email with a link to the online application site around the middle of March :biggrin:

Oh great, thanks :smile: So desperate to get accomodation in Brighthelm!
Reply 1007
Original post by DeanG

Original post by DeanG
East Slope is my first choice :smile: You got an conditional or unconditional?

Conditional, so I imagine my chances are slim :/
Reply 1008
what is brighthelm like? I'm seriously considering it.
Reply 1009
Original post by DeanG
If you apply early you've got a good chance :smile: I'm unconditional so I hope I get East Slope.

its extremely unlikely that you would not get offered East Slope.. majority of people don't want to live there!

Brighthelm is nice :smile:
Apologies if this has been asked a million times before, but how likely is it that I will get decent accommodation (or any at all for that matter) if I go to Sussex as my insurance?
Original post by electric-wars
Apologies if this has been asked a million times before, but how likely is it that I will get decent accommodation (or any at all for that matter) if I go to Sussex as my insurance?

You are not guaranteed accommodation on campus and most likely you will not get it. However Brighton is full of student accommodation to let so you shouldn't find it difficult to find somewhere to live. Also the university will not abandon you as they do help you to find somewhere to live.
Reply 1012
I'm really torn between Brighthelm and Lewes phase 1 :/

Brighthelm seems to be perfect, but there are only 5 per house and i'm worried it wont have an atmosphere

Lewes has 6 per flat, which seems more sociable, but not as good facilities

any advice? I'm also considering Park Houses, but i'm worried they may be too rowdy
Reply 1013
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post about rooms available in Brighton, but it's worth a try!

We have an £87.50 per week room with double bed available in 4 person house just off Lewes Road (near Sainsburys). One of our housemates is off on placement next year leaving us 3 guys with a room to fill. We're a fairly sociable bunch and hard working (mostly). We're currently studying Digital Media, Biology and Outdoor Adventurous Activities. The house is located on Riley Road and room is available for uni year starting Sept 2012. If you're interested feel free to contact me on here!
I currently live on campus at Sussex (Northfield) and have been to all of the residences and know about it etc so if you have any questions ask away.

Also, I was a conditional and I applied as soon as the letters came and I was given my first choice as its first come first serve. If you want somewhere specific, always be quick! :smile:
Is there anyone on here currently living in East Slope? Struggling to find decent photographs, even on here.
Firmed Sussex a few weeks ago, think my first choice is going to be East Slope and then Park Houses.
Reply 1016
Original post by x_melissaanne
I currently live on campus at Sussex (Northfield) and have been to all of the residences and know about it etc so if you have any questions ask away.

Also, I was a conditional and I applied as soon as the letters came and I was given my first choice as its first come first serve. If you want somewhere specific, always be quick! :smile:

Hey, i've firmed Sussex and am thinking of going for Park Houses. Are the kitchens OK size and are they mega noisy? Also considering Brighthelm and Park Village. Thankssss :smile:
Original post by swbp
Hey, i've firmed Sussex and am thinking of going for Park Houses. Are the kitchens OK size and are they mega noisy? Also considering Brighthelm and Park Village. Thankssss :smile:

Hello,
They're okay. It depends where you go because some have new kitchens fitted and some have the really old ones so it is the luck of the draw. Brighthelm is really nice (have a washing machine which everyone begs to use!!) and Park village is the same really but can get quite rowdy as people can cut through your flat to the next. Hope that helps :s
I'd say any flat can get noisy it just depends on who you live with, luck of the draw im afraid :/
Reply 1018
Original post by x_melissaanne
Hello,
They're okay. It depends where you go because some have new kitchens fitted and some have the really old ones so it is the luck of the draw. Brighthelm is really nice (have a washing machine which everyone begs to use!!) and Park village is the same really but can get quite rowdy as people can cut through your flat to the next. Hope that helps :s
I'd say any flat can get noisy it just depends on who you live with, luck of the draw im afraid :/

I live in park village and it's definitely not possible to go from one house to the next from the inside. The kitchens in park village are rather small but there are 2 in each house. I love park village, the only downside is that there is not really a communal area in most houses.

Park houses have lovely kitchens and they are close to most uni buildings. I suppose it's personal preference but I really don't like the layout of the park houses bedrooms. Looks very small and cramped.

If you have the money definitely go for Brighthelm. Nice rooms, lovely kitchen and even a balcony downstairs :smile:

Remember that when you apply for houses you can pick whether you want a quiet house so there are rowdy and quiet areas for each accommodation type.
Original post by Bianca.
I live in park village and it's definitely not possible to go from one house to the next from the inside. The kitchens in park village are rather small but there are 2 in each house. I love park village, the only downside is that there is not really a communal area in most houses.

Park houses have lovely kitchens and they are close to most uni buildings. I suppose it's personal preference but I really don't like the layout of the park houses bedrooms. Looks very small and cramped.

If you have the money definitely go for Brighthelm. Nice rooms, lovely kitchen and even a balcony downstairs :smile:

Remember that when you apply for houses you can pick whether you want a quiet house so there are rowdy and quiet areas for each accommodation type.

You can request a quiet flat/house. But I don't think they actually look at that bit. I requested a quiet flat and actually submitted medical evidence to say why I needed one. I've been told my flat (in Northfield) is noisier than East Slope.

Latest