The Student Room Group

Unpopular Football Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chrissy_h

Fine Man Utd and SAF when they constanly surround the referee or berate his assistants just because a desicion goes against them.

Should be the same for all clubs in my opinion as every team does it just about.
Joe hart is the best keeper atm
Reply 62
Original post by SirMasterKey
Should be the same for all clubs in my opinion as every team does it just about.

Would be for all clubs, but Man Utd seem to do it all the time so just used them as an example. I should have said that.
Reply 63
Original post by pinouche13

Agreed. Hate to say it, but he is probably within the world top 3 bracket.
Reply 64

He's a good shot stopper but he flaps at a lot of crosses and his distribution is suspect.
Original post by fudgesundae
One bad season in Europe? Considering how English teams have performed over the last 5 years (4 out 5 finals have had an English team, 3 out of 5 years have had 3 english semi-finalists). Last year there were still 3 English teams in the QFs. Real Madrid and Barcelona are definitely the best teams in Europe, but them playing in a Micky Mouse league really does help their players.

Tbh I don't think either league should have 4 CL clubs. There should be 3 spots for English clubs, and 2 for La Liga. In the last 5 years 3 spanish clubs have never made it to the last 8.

English performance in the CL is just coming back down to earth. It was no way sustainable to have 3 PL clubs in the semi finals every year, they were just exceptionally good years. But next season with Tottenham, City and United I can definitely see at least 1 making the SF and probably all 3 make the quarters.

Mickey mouse league? If that were, why is the quality of football of Spanish teams better? If the league were poor, there wouldn't be a Barcelona. You can't shadow train in football.

The EPL this year is really lacking at the top. Man City and Tottenham have improved but with the other four going down several notches, the quality isn't that great imo. They're all leaking goals all over too.
Reply 66
Man United get a lot of penalties because the opposition keep fouling them in the penalty box.

Now that is controversial.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Goalies get overlooked quite a lot though - Yashin, Tomaszewski and Maier were all top, top quality.

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. Rinat Dasayev also deserves a mention.

Original post by Acerbic
The Bundesliga is the best football league in Europe

I agree.
(edited 12 years ago)
Arshavin is in fact a good player.
Original post by TheMagicRat
I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. Rinat Dasayev also deserves a mention.

Yes - Mazurkiewicz as well, and from what I've heard/read of him Frantisek Planicka was excellent.
Alan Hansen is the man.

If you disagree, then you are making what they call a SKOOOLBOY ERRA!
that international ootball is a waste of space

that there should not be handshakes in derbys
Original post by HSG1992
Alan Hansen is the man.

If you disagree, then you are making what they call a SKOOOLBOY ERRA!

That's shambolic!
Rooney is massively over-rated. Good player, but not one of the best in the World.
Man City's are no more mercenaries than every other big team.
Reply 75
That Rafa Benitez is one of the best managers around.

Reply 77
Original post by chrissy_h
Messi is not the best footballer in the world, doesnt step up for Argentina and without Xavi and Iniesta he wouldnt do it as often for Barcelona. Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Messi but everything always goes through him and doesnt step up for his country enough. Xavi or Casillas are the best players in the world but because they dont get all the glory they get overlooked.

Rooney is only a better than average player who scores lots of penalties and can only do it in a squad of good players constantly setting him up with chances.

England are a poor side internationally who will not win anything again internationally.

Goal line technology should not be introduced to the game.

Penalise fouls much more strongly and give penalties if there is pushing or pulling in the penalty area during waiting for a free kick or corner to be taken.

Fine Man Utd and SAF when they constanly surround the referee or berate his assistants just because a desicion goes against them.

You never actually watch Argentina play do you? Let me guess you think because Messi isn't scoring a lot for them you think he's playing badly? :rolleyes:
Reply 78
Original post by IWantSomeMushu

Don't forget Neuer, or Buffon etc etc. But im guessing the guy who said Hart never watched football outside of England...
Reply 79
Original post by forex

Original post by forex
Agreed. Hate to say it, but he is probably within the world top 3 bracket.

Really :beard: Who would you say are the other 2?

Quick Reply

Latest