The Student Room Group

Mature Students

Hi

I just wondered if there were any other mature students applying to study Pharmacy?

Has anyone had an interviews yet any tips on questions that they were asked would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by kmex
Hi

I just wondered if there were any other mature students applying to study Pharmacy?

Has anyone had an interviews yet any tips on questions that they were asked would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I've had two interviews so far and wasn't treated any different than the non-mature students. Each university interviews differently so you'd need to look at the threads relevent to the uni you are being interviewed at.
Reply 2
Thanks.

Where have you had interviews so far?

Have you had any offers?
Reply 3
Original post by kmex
Thanks.

Where have you had interviews so far?

Have you had any offers?

I've been interviewed by Brighton and UEA. Got a conditional offer from UEA.

Are you at college or already got your qualifications?
Reply 4
I already have a degree in Microbiology (Biotechnology) I am just worried that I have not covered enough Chemistry.
Reply 5
Original post by kmex
I already have a degree in Microbiology (Biotechnology) I am just worried that I have not covered enough Chemistry.

One of my mature pharmacy course mates got in with a microbiology degree.
Reply 6
Thanks for that. Where are they studying?
Reply 7
Brighton :smile:
hey can people with degrees afford to study in England??? I went to Scotland to avoid paying >£10,000 per year. that loophole has closed now though.
Reply 9
We do not have any other options, its my passion to work in healthcare. I am using bank loans, savings and help from my husband.
Reply 10
yeh ive had interviews. and i work in pharmacy so the questions were based around that rather than academics, so i guess they talk about what youve been doing with your life since not straight from college! advice would be to seem really enthusiastic and interested in the role and make sure you know everything the job would involve!
Reply 11
I heard Brighton is all for mature students- anyone whose offer has been confirmed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending