University College London
London

UCL Geography 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by rh7tk8

Original post by rh7tk8
Thanks for the info on what people were wearing,

Out of interest has anyone received like a confirmation letter with further details?
I sent back my slip for the 7th March selection day a while ago now, and haven't heard anything since, do they send anything else or do you just turn up?

Thanks

When I sent my slip back I didn't hear anything else back from them, I just turned up and my name was on their list. And there was a massive mix in what people were wearing, everything from jeans and a T shirt to full on suits, best to go somewhere in the middle I guess, although people in suits didn't look out of place, but I don't think it was necessary.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by AuroraBorealis99

Original post by AuroraBorealis99
Hi, I'm new on TSR and am applying for Economics and Geography at UCL.

Is anybody here attending the session on the 22nd of February? Also, I haven't heard back from them (either) since I sent back my confirmation via email. Is this normal?

Finally, to everyone who has already attended a session - what did the 'group discussion' involve? Was it more of an interview or simply a discussion regarding a given resource? Was there any time for one-on-one questioning?

Thank you.

Group discussion for me was being asked a couple of questions about why I wanted to study geography/at UCL, and then was shown mapping software on a computer and asked questions on it which led to a sort of discussion, mostly it was speaking in turn though. But this was for straight geography not economics with geography, and it was called a mock tutorial rather than a group discussion.
Reply 62
Original post by angelic03
have you heard from them since? offer wise?

I just got a conditional offer from them, AAA :P x
Offer for L700 AAA
Original post by sophiemdt

congrats!! what did the group discussion consist of? i got selected for an open day next month and i'm pretty nervous about it. =/
Offer for LL17 Economics and Geography!!! AAA
Reply 66
Original post by sophiemdt

wow congrats!! Looks like you did good when you went to the open day! You said it was something about Yemon, could you be more specific?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by hoodeconomics
Offer for LL17 Economics and Geography!!! AAA

did you go to the open day?
offer for Ecom and Geog AAA :biggrin:
I am going to the selection open day on the 22nd, I haven't heard anything either so hopefully that's normal... Has anyone received a deferred offer yet?
Open day tomorrow!! Any last minute advice? :smile:
Reply 71
Who is going on Wednesday for econ + geog then? Anybody who went to the last one have any advice? :P
hey guys jst wondering, how long do u wait to get the decision? is it really a month!? (for me who attended today that would b April :-o) n can u get rejected???
Just firmed UCL! How long until I can apply for accommodation?
Off to UCL Geog Open Day tomorrow. Bit worried. :/ As I understand it, this is the last one they are running.... this can only be a bad thing as they've probably filled most of the places and the standard has been set - it will predictably be high. :/

If anyone can give me any pointers as to what generally goes on/any helpful things, I'd be much apprieciative. :smile:
Reply 75
I have my open day tomorrow for geo and econ.
Whoever has had an open day invite coupled with a rejection, please can you message me. Also people who went for the mock tutorial , what did it involve and are there any words of advice before tomorrow. Please message asap. Cheers. Well done to those who received heir offers and commiserations to those who got rejected.
Reply 76
Firmed UCL for BA geography, just got to get the grades now
Reply 77
Original post by fromtheeast
hey guys jst wondering, how long do u wait to get the decision? is it really a month!? (for me who attended today that would b April :-o) n can u get rejected???

It was almost exactly a month from my selection day to a decision i'm afraid, seems like a long wait but it goes pretty quickly. I got an offer but I don't know about other people who were on the day, if it was a selection day I think a fairly high percentage of people do get an offer, but if it was a formal interview I don't know.
Original post by fromtheeast

well i went to the selection day yesterday and they said to us they would reply within two weeks. So you should hear from them pretty soon if you went to the Selection day last week.
Original post by bm127
It was almost exactly a month from my selection day to a decision i'm afraid, seems like a long wait but it goes pretty quickly. I got an offer but I don't know about other people who were on the day, if it was a selection day I think a fairly high percentage of people do get an offer, but if it was a formal interview I don't know.

Original post by sensei_mooni
well i went to the selection day yesterday and they said to us they would reply within two weeks. So you should hear from them pretty soon if you went to the Selection day last week.

Thanks guys! :smile:

On a side note, i got an offer from LSE for Geography with Economics and now i'm really unsure of which uni to firm. I think UCL has a more all-rounded course both in terms of Geography and Economics (LSE is major-minor) but I'm really interested in Human Geography esp Development or Geopolitics. Help? I desperately need some second opinions >< Anyone in the same situation? I know there was this undergrad at UCL for Econ n Geo n he rejected LSE

Quick Reply

Latest