The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University September 2012

I couldn't find a thread on this subject, but maybe I'm just stupid. That's a possibility, right there.

I've just placed Cardiff as my firm choice on UCAS (now I've just gotta achieve 3 Bs) to do Diagnostic Radiography and Imaging.

Anyone else headin' on down to Cardiff this September? I thoroughly recommend it (even though I'm from Swansea...) Not just for the uni but the bloody brilliant shopping centre/nightlife(although that's a second to Wind St.) and sporting scenes. If you are attending Cardiff, what for? Or Why not, if you aren't?

I could well be just talking to myself but I do hope I'm not alone. YAY FOR CAERDYDD. (Pleeeeeease don't leave me looking like a right saddo/loner:colondollar:)

Scroll to see replies

I have an offer for English Lit and am pretty sure it'll be my firm :biggrin: Really looking forward to it assuming I get my 2 A's & Welsh Bacc :3
I'm hoping not to move too far from home for personal reasons, but I also want to know I'm getting a good education with a good reputation so Cardiff made sense!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
I have a physiotherapy offer and it will be my firm :smile: just terrified I will jinx it or something! Im from gloucester, a bit of a rugby girl and love the nightlife there! (as well as the uni of course! :wink: ) x
Reply 3
Offer for Computer Science and probably going to firm it within the next couple of weeks! Exciting times!
Reply 4
Goodluck at getting your results!

Iv applied for zoology with a preliminary year, waiting to hear back.

wondering how long people waited for offers?
Reply 5
Original post by KayleeDawn

I applied early November, then received an invitation to a visit day early December, then received an offer late December.
Reply 6
I Have an offer for Journalism, Media and Cultural studies but not sure about it. Going to look at the uni in Feb.
Reply 7
Original post by Karm
I applied early November, then received an invitation to a visit day early December, then received an offer late December.

Oh awsome, is that for the same course. i only applyed early january. What sort of things did you need/ do on your visit?
Reply 8
Oh awsome, is that for the same course. i only applyed early january. What sort of things did you need/ do on your visit?

No sorry mine was for Computer Science. The visit day was a tour of the campus and SU with an informal interview at the end outlining what the offer would be if you received one. Good luck!
Reply 9
Sounds amazing :smile: thank you soo much for your help, has calmed me down a bit. Good luck on your course.:biggrin:
Reply 10

I applied to Cardiff for Biology with a preliminary year shortly before the UCAS deadline in January, and I've not heard anything yet either.
Applied for Radiotherapy but not heard back from them yet! I've heard back from all my other choices!
I'm from London btw :smile:
Reply 12
Im studying Exploration geology in september :biggrin:
I have a conditional offer for Biology. I went down on a visit day last week, and it actually exceeded my expectations - Cardiff was originally going to be my insurance after Sheffield, but I'm considering firming it now.

Oh yeah, I've also recently gotten scared ****less about whether I'll have anything in common with my roommates, so yeah.
Reply 14
I also got a conditional offer for Human Resource... Applied on 15th of Jan and got accepted 6th of Feb. Still didnt get anything from other unis. However, I guess Cardiff will be my firm choice anyway :smile:
Reply 15
I've got a conditional offer for Biomedical Science, and accepted it as my firm with Birmingham as my insurance :smile: (from Devon btw)
AAB for Economics with Spanish. cant wait
Reply 17
Just been to the languages open day and love Cardiff now, seriously changed my mind, will probably firm it now as its a BBB offer for Spanish
woooooooo
im also from devon
Anyone else going to the English Lit open day on 22nd Feb? :smile:
Hey guys!
I put Cardiff as my firm today!
I'm studying Optometry (Well i hope to anyway! Just need AAA!)
Just wanted to know whats going on with Accommodation!!
Can we apply yet? I went on the e:Vision Portal and it says I can do it once I put it as my firm... but i have. So either they havent processed my decision yet or its not open to apply??

Its so exciting!
Does anyone know where they want to live yet?
I really really really wanna stay in Talybont

Quick Reply