The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DSal
wednesday 15th :smile: good luck for yours though!

Dang! Haha, cheers :tongue: Good luck to you as well!

Original post by sgeorge11
****ing joke

The admissions board will know more about the resit policy than applicants on TSR (I can't answer your question at the top of this page). Give them a call tomorrow if you're still in doubt; they're really friendly!
Interview this Wednesday! Not quite sure what to expect :L
Original post by parnie101
What are you guys wearing, suits (for the guys), smart attire (for the ladies) I assume?

Me too! It says smart casual, so I'm just going with black trousers and a nice blouse? :smile:
Original post by WillC123
Got an interview invatation today for 18th feb. im uk yr 13 applicant

Same! :smile:
Original post by andrewpeters
Interview this Wednesday! Not quite sure what to expect :L

The interviewers will all have a copy of your personal statement in front of them, and will ask some questions about anything interesting they find, as well as the usual interview fodder, why do you want to do medicine, why BSMS, and so on (though there is some variation here; some don't get asked that, others get ethics based questions, contemporary topics, etc.)

Know your PS and experiences/achievements inside out, and be prepared to talk and be quizzed about anything interesting from it. You'll be fine :smile:
Reply 1025
There are 4 interview teams and tgey all ask different questions. I talked to ppl on the day of my interview and we all got asked very very different questions
Reply 1026
Just received an email inviting me to an interview on 25th Feb! I'm a Scottish graduate. Any other graduates got an interview that day?
Reply 1027
Original post by rishmiester
I reckon BSMS look for interesting and enthusiastic people! The people I know here have all done a helluva lot of work xp/volunteering, and also have pursued further in their own interests (medically related or not). We've got a professional belly dancer, a crane builder, a nurse cardiologist, a fish enthusiast, an england tag rugby player, and many other interesting people who've done interesting things.
Personally, I don't think I'm that interesting comparatively, but I have done interesting things such as a research study, involved in cancer research, both of which I got asked about (and I talked a lot about!).
Even if you've been working in Tesco's for 5 years, it's a little out of the ordinary, and can be picked up on in the interview!
GCSE's don't matter that much in interview selection, and neither do AS's. A lot is based on your PS and what you've done. Interview selection, and interview.

So yeah, in a nutshell, don't limit yourself to the standard extra cirricular fodder, do other interesting things! :smile:

Ah I see :') well I am doing loads of extra curricular activities at the moment and my GCSEs are average, i guess I could give BSMS a shot when I'm applying for med schools this year :smile: Thank you for your help ! :biggrin:
Rejection. Sad days.
Sorry to hear that, did you recieve this last week? Have you any other choices?
Reply 1030

Original post by DSal
wednesday 15th :smile: good luck for yours though!

i was just wondering how you're going to get there?
because there's no parking and i don't know anything about the buses : /
Reply 1031
Original post by .ek.

#25 goes from town centre straight to medical school
Reply 1032

Original post by .eXe
#25 goes from town centre straight to medical school

is it possible to get that from the park and ride? and thanks for you help
Reply 1033
Original post by .ek.
is it possible to get that from the park and ride? and thanks for you help

which park? the one at town centre near the brighton dome? if thats what you mean then yeah its possible. you can also catch #7 if you're staying near the marina and take it over to town centre and get 25 from there.

bets bet is to ask the taxi drivers there. thats how i got around mostly they know all the bus routes and stuff
has anyone tried applying for student finance and found they couldn't find BSMS on the University search?
Reply 1035
Original post by .ek.

train to falmer station and then walking from there! that's what i did on the open day :smile: hopefully i will find the building haha!
Apparently interviews at BSMS are 'sciency'. Do they try to catch you out?
Reply 1037
Original post by Dolly_D
Just received an email inviting me to an interview on 25th Feb! I'm a Scottish graduate. Any other graduates got an interview that day?

I got an interview on that day too!!!! :biggrin: im a graduate also, i wonder if that day is specially for graduate students? How are you planning to prepare yourself for the interview? Im so excited, never had an interview before!
Reply 1038
any internationals with interview??
Reply 1039
Original post by DanHancock
has anyone tried applying for student finance and found they couldn't find BSMS on the University search?

I had the same problem. I rang student finance england to try and sort it out but they werent much help and actually said i need to figure it out myself. Dont think itll be much of an issue however as, assuming youve applied to other med schools not in london, youll be entitled to the same amount anyway. And you can sort out uni details later anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending