The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Bro_Bro

Original post by Bro_Bro
Yeah, its you and 2 interviewers... Just really want to know what sort of questions they ask. Really nervous, its my first and have no idea what to expect!

i suppose there could be 101 things they could ask you. For instance they asked us why health campaigns such as "stop smoking" werent working, you just gotta think on your feet, you have the 'shock factor' that in todays society isnt that shocking to alot of people anymore you know lol but the main thing is that no matter what they ask you to have buzz words thrown it, for example patient safety,communication - verbal and listening, best practice, choice is a huge thing, you have to mention working in your own scope of practice and seeking advice from others when you need it. Look up some of the NHS improving quality strategies etc. Along with the training hospitals that the university uses, its an idea to look them up, see if any audits have been done on them and if so what they say about them i.e. improvements that need to be made or the positive aspects they noted, that can also go for the university aswell, if they were audited.

You will do great, if you have gotten this far just be yourself more importantly. They want the candidate who is true to themselves and genuinely wants to help people.

Let me know how you get on, i hope some of that helped!
Original post by Ideeva
Hiya
Still waiting for them to get back to me......

No news is good news...hope you hear back from them soon. Good luck!
Reply 202
Anyone for Adult nursing heard back from an interview at Bradford yet? or heard from nottingham at all? starting to worry! :/
Reply 203
Original post by babyrosie101
:biggrin: Woohoo Canterbury Christchurch interview date letters are out at last - waiting has been torture :eek:

Got interview at Medway on 14th March. Anyone else???

I have one there but the medway campus on monday :smile: what branch have you applied for?
Original post by aimee88
I have one there but the medway campus on monday :smile: what branch have you applied for?

Child branch. Good luck for your interview xx
Hello has anyone applied for york 2012? if so has anyone heard anything? :smile:
Original post by alexbinns
hi, im just wanting some help about questions that might be asked in my interviews :smile:

ive got interviews for, huddersfield, leeds and sheffield hallam

was just wondering if anybody has already had them for these uni's, for help on questions? :smile:

thanks

for huddersfield you'll do a group interview by watching a video and ranking words in order of importance. the individual was 'why huddersfield uni', 'why nursing' and sheffield hallam was group interview of building a tower - its good fun ( the group interviews are just to see how you interact with people, not on the quality of whats produced :wink: ) and then we watched a video clip (mines adult field, so related to an adult) and in the individual interview were asked Q's on this and the general 'why nursing' etc neither of these had any maths or english tests

Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by joeyloeykins

Original post by joeyloeykins
I have an interview at UEA on the 14th March, heard from them about 3 weeks ago, however I am going to withdraw my application as I have my top 2 offers so I can firm and insure them and to give other people a chance who really want to go as it's just selfish if I take the place. But don't worry, no news is good news!

hi can i ask why you disliked UEA?
Original post by Gingers-have-souls
Interview 24th Feb @ Edinburgh & 11th April @ York for Adult nursing Bsc, any advice appreciated!!!

Hi y'all
have interview at Edinburgh on the 24th Feb & York 11th April.
Never had an interview before so not entirely sure how to best prepare. Educated In Ireland & unfortunately we have never practiced any mock interviews. Also I think 'suitin & bootin' might be too formal but jeans too informal :confused:
Noted a lot of fellow applicants on TSR went for interviews & ended up sitting tests. Is this applicable for Adult Genral nursing? or just Child Nursing?
Any advice of what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

One other thing! don't want to sound like a Miss World contestant when i answer the question on why i want to be a nurse, neither do i want it to sound clichéd but I genuinely do want to be nurse because i care but apparently a friend of mine heard that uni interviewers hate to hear' because i care' & 'becuase I'm passionate' as an answer so anyone that has been offered a place after a succesful interview mad to know what did you say in answer to that question?!

thanks in advance for advice :smile:

hi i have applied to york for adult nursing,
can i ask you when you sent your application in:
when you heard from them:
what Alevels you are taking:
thank you :biggrin:
Original post by sammylou1987
Anybody have an interview at Sheff Hallam next sat.... Mines at 1pm... Had 1 interview @ Southampton and I was unsuccessful, but I blame that on the mega tough math questions :smile: Sheffield is my 2nd choice xx

hi i think i had my interview on the same day as you the 4th have you heard back from sheffield hallam?

:smile: thank you
Original post by ChelseaY04
Fingers crossed!! just got three interviews, Edge Hill, Liverpool John Moore and Northumbria!! I am having a right pickle with Edge Hill, they gave me an interview last tuesday, then emailed me half an hour ago giving me the details of what I need to bring and then it said on the end of the email - 'Please send our admissions team one week prior to the interview a second reference'. My interview is ONE WEEK TODAY!! so they have left it a bit short notice to send me a email!! rgh stressing out!!

hi

have you heard back from any yet

:smile:
Original post by ChelseaY04
I have a Northumbria interview 20th Feb, what does the interview entail?

hello

i had my northumbria interview on the 20 jan too have you heardanything back yet ?
:smile: thanks
Reply 212
Original post by Amelia07
Hi!

I have been offered an interview for child nursing at Anglia Ruskin. Has anyone been for interview there that could give me some tips on questions and group discussion topics??

Thank you! :smile:

Hi I have interview for child nursing there on 27th April when's yours???
Reply 213
Original post by JJkay
Hiya,

My interview is on the 29th Feb, so I will let you know what's involved. I really would like to go to Bucks aswell, but I'm even more nervous because of the rejection from lsbu.

Never realised how hard it was to get into this branch of nursing.

I received a rejection from LSBU yesterday. Their reason is my ps is not that great. It took them 2 months to figure this out. :rolleyes:
Hi, I heard back from them on monday with a conditional offer :-)
xx
Original post by Surfing_the_shine
hi i think i had my interview on the same day as you the 4th have you heard back from sheffield hallam?

:smile: thank you
Original post by Surfing_the_shine
hi i have applied to york for adult nursing,
can i ask you when you sent your application in:
when you heard from them:
what Alevels you are taking:
thank you :biggrin:

Hi,
My application was sent late December & I heard back from them last week (6/2/12). still waiting to hear from Kings & Anglia but now have 3 interviews as i heard from Birmingham University the other day.
I'm actually from Ireland & our system is different in that we take 7 subjects at leaving cert level. Mine are Biology, Irish, English, Maths, History , Business & Spanish. There are 2 levels higher & oridinary & i am taking all higher level :eek:

Where have you applied? :smile:
Reply 216
Has anyone heard back from Keele, Kingston or Uni of Nottingham for Child Nursing?
Getting abit panicy now, sent my ucas off in November and haven't heard anything from these three university's! :frown: :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by AmyAnna

Original post by AmyAnna
Hi,

just wondering how many people have started getting offers and interviews? If you have how long ago did you send your UCAS, what offers have you been given and where for? Also, it'd be great if you could give us some tips on the interviews and a bit of an insight as to the questions you were asked..

Hi had an interview from king's and got an offer a week later and got an interview at hallam in 2 weeks.sent my application off in november tho so been waiting a while!
At the king's interview they were mainly asessing how you interacted with other people, the trick seemed to be to get ur point across but letting other people talk too. hope that helps :smile:
Original post by shan129

Original post by shan129
Anyone for Adult nursing heard back from an interview at Bradford yet? or heard from nottingham at all? starting to worry! :/

Hi when was ur interview at bradford? a girl on my course got an offer from bradford a few weeks ago so they must have really liked her cos no one else has heard back yet. no news is good news right?!
Original post by shan129

Original post by shan129

Hey! i went for my interview at nottingham for adult nursing in january and heard back early feb saying i had got a place, but they said at the interview that they will be doing interviews until april so you may get a reply asking you for an interview soon :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending