The Student Room Group

Bradford University Pharmacy applicants 2012

Hello to everyone who has applied to Bradford for pharmacy :biggrin: Please discuss any questions about the course or the university in general on here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello.
How was your interview?
Reply 2
It went good thank you :biggrin: it was in Nov so ive already got an offer. I have spoken to you before havnt i? :smile:
Reply 3
I believe so :biggrin:
How's you medicine app going?
Reply 4
Ive had 2 rejections, got them in Dec. Still waiting from leeds and Soton.. dont know how long they are gonna take to get back. Anyways heard u got an offer from Notts.. well done :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by sachinisgod
Ive had 2 rejections, got them in Dec. Still waiting from leeds and Soton.. dont know how long they are gonna take to get back. Anyways heard u got an offer from Notts.. well done :biggrin:

Thanks bud:smile:
There's still hope for Leeds though. My cousin heard back in late Feb for a mid-March interview whereas I got a rejection early on in March last year.
They sure do like making people wait:s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by Jin3011
Thanks bud:smile:
There's still hope for Leeds though. My cousin heard back in late Feb for a mid-March interview whereas I got a rejection early on in March last year.
They sure do like making people wait:s-smilie:

Fingers crossed eh :smile: anyways u gonna firm Notts then? also did u apply for the 4 yr or 5yr course at Bradford?
Reply 7
Fingers crossed eh :smile: anyways u gonna firm Notts then? also did u apply for the 4 yr or 5yr course at Bradford?

Yeah, loved it 2 years back in Medlink, really wanted to apply there last year for medicine but my UKCAT was too low. So as soon as the offer comes on track I've accepting it.
For Bradford, I applied for the 4 year course, though my cousin at Bradford says that even if you enter the 4 year, you can still change to the 5 year programme if you wanted.

I may not even go to the interview actually:tongue: Didn't go to my Manchester one either, so UCAS withdrew my application to them.

Are you thinking of taking-up your pharmacy offer if this year doesn't go as planned or would you rather reapply?
Reply 8
Original post by Jin3011
Yeah, loved it 2 years back in Medlink, really wanted to apply there last year for medicine but my UKCAT was too low. So as soon as the offer comes on track I've accepting it.
For Bradford, I applied for the 4 year course, though my cousin at Bradford says that even if you enter the 4 year, you can still change to the 5 year programme if you wanted.

I may not even go to the interview actually:tongue: Didn't go to my Manchester one either, so UCAS withdrew my application to them.

Are you thinking of taking-up your pharmacy offer if this year doesn't go as planned or would you rather reapply?

Yeah i am actually. I need to start uni soon and if i really want to do medicine i can do it graduate level :biggrin:
Reply 9
Yeah i am actually. I need to start uni soon and if i really want to do medicine i can do it graduate level :biggrin:

Oh ok. Good luck in your studies dude:smile:
Reply 10
Hello to everyone who has applied to Bradford for pharmacy :biggrin: Please discuss any questions about the course or the university in general on here.

Hi! :smile:

If you don't mind me asking what kind of questions did they ask you? and what were the tests like?

thanks
Reply 11
Original post by Anjna
Hi! :smile:

If you don't mind me asking what kind of questions did they ask you? and what were the tests like?

thanks

:hi:

tbh the interview wasnt that bad at all. There was a maths test, which trust me is so easy :cool: then there was a group task where they discussed a situation and everyone had to agree to come to a final conclusion.

The interview itself was standard, why chemistry is imp in pharm?, ways of adminstrating drugs, what skills needed by pharmacists, what do u see urself doing in 10 years time. Basically standard questions; make sure u go over them before though :biggrin:

Btw the uni itself is class, especially campus area, and best of all the student union area.
Reply 12
:hi:

tbh the interview wasnt that bad at all. There was a maths test, which trust me is so easy :cool: then there was a group task where they discussed a situation and everyone had to agree to come to a final conclusion.

The interview itself was standard, why chemistry is imp in pharm?, ways of adminstrating drugs, what skills needed by pharmacists, what do u see urself doing in 10 years time. Basically standard questions; make sure u go over them before though :biggrin:

Btw the uni itself is class, especially campus area, and best of all the student union area.

aww thanks for the heads up. are you planning to go bradford? i've never been there or seen the uni so its reassuring to hear nice things about it, makes me less nervous, aha :smile:
Reply 13

Woo someone with similar ambitions to myself, win!

Just not at Bradford...Yuck, rather Man Met than here :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by Doctor.
Woo someone with similar ambitions to myself, win!

Just not at Bradford...Yuck, rather Man Met than here :s-smilie:

Alright i agree the city is a ****hole, but mate the uni and facilities are class.
Reply 15
Alright i agree the city is a ****hole, but mate the uni and facilities are class.

University lecture places seems nice but universities are largely representative of the city. I'm glad I didnt go last year lol, the teaching staff seem really goid, just the area and ****ty locations surrounding put me right off.:frown:
Reply 16
Original post by Doctor.
University lecture places seems nice but universities are largely representative of the city. I'm glad I didnt go last year lol, the teaching staff seem really goid, just the area and ****ty locations surrounding put me right off.:frown:

well if ur not asian that will deffo put u off :wink:
Reply 17
well if ur not asian that will deffo put u off :wink:

I'm not Asian lol, but my exboyfriend is and we both had an offer fron there. He was like, please don't go here.:smile: All in all If you're into that environment then its fair enough.

Although I went liverpool and is was similsr but more...diverse? LOL, I don't know if thats a racist thing or what so apologies if its offensive. I am dumb! :colondollar:
Hey guys could you check out my UCL School of pharmacy thread.
( http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1925246 ) It has a poll on it about future pharmacy careers would love to get some stats on what you guys wanna do much appreciated guys :biggrin:

:bl:
Reply 19
Original post by Doctor.
I'm not Asian lol, but my exboyfriend is and we both had an offer fron there. He was like, please don't go here.:smile: All in all If you're into that environment then its fair enough.

Although I went liverpool and is was similsr but more...diverse? LOL, I don't know if thats a racist thing or what so apologies if its offensive. I am dumb! :colondollar:

No its not offensive at all lol.. heck even my mum when she saw it for the first time, she said she got scared. But as asian u tend to fit in eventually :biggrin:

Quick Reply