The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
I'm the opposite. I find that if I work out in the morning, I'm tired, grumpy and starving all day!! Whereas in the evening I can get straight into bed...after a shower of course :tongue: It is a good feeling when you know it's over and done with though...

im the same as you, evening workout for me
Reply 321
I am an evening exerciser also! Don't have much choice to be fair - the club I go to has sessions from about 7:30-10pm, so very late exercising.

When I was at uni I used to love early morning runs in the spring and summer though - especially because most people were asleep so it was so quiet and still, and they had rabbits everywhere at my uni :biggrin:). But now I'm training at my club I'm much more of an evening exerciser. Although it's more of a problem when I'm on a high after a good session 'cos I'm too energetic to sleep for a while!

We've been doing lots of burpees at training this week. Ouch. >.<
Reply 322
Evening exercise for me, too - I don't think I could fall asleep early enough for me to have enough sleep to wake up any earlier! My swimming sessions only run 7-8pm in the week or 4.30-5.30pm on Saturdays, and I only exercise in the flat if my boyfriend isn't there so I do it straight after work as he's usually home 2 hours later than me (we have a tiny flat, he'd literally be sitting next to me/in my way, and I'm also just too embarrassed haha).
Reply 323
Having special k with skimmed milk and a prebiotic drink!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have seriously slacked :frown: I feel so demotivated!
If I'm going to classes, I'm not too bothered about when I exercise, but if I have to motivate myself to do it, I find it far easier to exercise just after getting up.

Got up at 7.30 and did 30DS level 3 :smile: I'll be spending the rest of the day in the library, so now at least I've done something active.
Reply 325
I tend to crave bad food in the evenings so find it best to workout then as a distraction and once I've come home from the gym I won't eat junk! When I exercise in the morning, I seem to have forgotten I've done it by the time the evening comes! :tongue:
I exercise whenever! Early mornings and evenings both work for me, but so do afternoons straight after work (4pm ish). It's just about when you can fit it in, I guess. A lot of my workout schedule is governed by the class timetable at my gym though :smile:
I'm working in excess of 32 hours at work this week, have uni and only have one day off. Getting to the gym is going to be challenging. I haven't been since Friday because I've been sick. All the kids at the gym will laugh at me if I vom there. :frown: On the plus side, feeling nauseous all the time means that I'm not over eating. And my water consumption has shot through the roof.

As for when I exercise: I prefer to do it in the morning, it motivates me for the rest of the day. However, I have become rubbish at getting out of bed on time so it's normally about 2-3pm before I go. :sad:
I can't remember what I ate yesterday, so I'll have to start with today.

Breakfast - 30g cornflakes with skimmed milk, 3/4 of a banana and a cup of tea
Lunch - 2 86cal slices of bread with some Flora spread and a slice of ham, and an apple and cup of tea
Snack - 20g dry Frosties (:coma: sugary cereal...)
Dinner - 1 Asda fishcake (168cals) with some homemade oven chips and brocolli, then a cup of tea
Going to have some grapes later on

No exercise today as I've hurt my leg and wanted to rest it.
Getting back on track didn't quite happen today :s-smilie:
I was doing fine ... Until I got in and started picking at sweets/chocolate. Didn't eat THAT many, but it was enough to make me feel sick now.

Luckily, I've got an orchestra rehearsal, which gets me out of the house and away from temptation. I'm going for a drink after with a friend, but it'll definitely only be one drink.
Here once lieth a rather silly rant that, on reflection, makes me look rather stupid :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 331
again my food for today went well but no exercise.
Reply 332
I've been doing so well, I'm nearly halfway to my goal and each time I weigh myself I seem to have lost weight consistently. I'm starting to notice the changes in my body too, I had a before picture, I might take a 'during' next week!!
Reply 333
It's not going well! :frown: I've started getting abdominal pain for some unknown reason so I've had to stop the healthy eating for a while, will get back on it tomorrow.
I forgot just how much I relied on this thread until I couldn't access it for an afternoon!

Anyway. Boyfriend got me LOTS of chocolate for Valentine's Day, and I am ashamed to say that most of them are now gone! He got me two little boxes of Lindt (the round balls, there were 4 chocolates in each box) and they're gone. Also got me two bags of Lindor chocolate eggs, one bag is gone, and I have a few chocolates left in the other bag which will soon be joining the others..

BUT. Stepped on the scales this morning, and I have supposedly lost weight since weigh in, so I can only assume that Lindt is actually really good for you :-).

I have a question.. you know how if you eat 3,500 calories you supposedly gain a pound? What about foods where 3,500 calories worth doesn't even weigh a pound? How can it create weight from something that wasn't there in the first place? This might be a silly question but never mind :biggrin:.
Reply 335
It's been so long since I posted it was on the last thread! I've been snowed under with uni. work for the last couple weeks so haven't been focusing on this that being said I've managed to stay roughly the same so I'm pleased with that.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I forgot just how much I relied on this thread until I couldn't access it for an afternoon!

Anyway. Boyfriend got me LOTS of chocolate for Valentine's Day, and I am ashamed to say that most of them are now gone! He got me two little boxes of Lindt (the round balls, there were 4 chocolates in each box) and they're gone. Also got me two bags of Lindor chocolate eggs, one bag is gone, and I have a few chocolates left in the other bag which will soon be joining the others..

BUT. Stepped on the scales this morning, and I have supposedly lost weight since weigh in, so I can only assume that Lindt is actually really good for you :-).

I have a question.. you know how if you eat 3,500 calories you supposedly gain a pound? What about foods where 3,500 calories worth doesn't even weigh a pound? How can it create weight from something that wasn't there in the first place? This might be a silly question but never mind :biggrin:.

Our bodies need a certain amount of calories a day in order to function i.e their maintenance calories. So if a person eats 3500 calories less than thier maintenance calories the body uses up its resources in order to make up for the lost of calories which is why we lose weight.

On the other hand if we eat more than we need our bodies will burn and use up the food that we need for the day. The extra food would then be stored as fat so in times of famine/or when we eat less our bodies will use up that extra reserves.

Hope it makes sense :confused:
Original post by Chrisateen
Our bodies need a certain amount of calories a day in order to function i.e their maintenance calories. So if a person eats 3500 calories less than thier maintenance calories the body uses up its resources in order to make up for the lost of calories which is why we lose weight.

On the other hand if we eat more than we need our bodies will burn and use up the food that we need for the day. The extra food would then be stored as fat so in times of famine/or when we eat less our bodies will use up that extra reserves.

Hope it makes sense :confused:

Yeah I get that, but wasn't really what I meant.. can't explain it, probably best that it stays in my head haha. Never mind :biggrin:. Just eaten the rest of my Lindor eggs which means it's now back to it completely until Easter! Niice.
Yeah I get that, but wasn't really what I meant.. can't explain it, probably best that it stays in my head haha. Never mind :biggrin:. Just eaten the rest of my Lindor eggs which means it's now back to it completely until Easter! Niice.

I don't do science but I think it's just a conversion of energy... Kind of like how petrol, which doesn't weigh much, can move a car for so long. Bad analogy probably but here goes... Take chocolate, which is fairly light weight and calorie-dense. You eat that and your body uses that energy to lay down fat to store the energy. Fat weighs more than the chocolate but 3,500 calories of chocolate gets stored as 1lb of fat? I don't know, to be honest I'd want to know just how much 3,500kcals of chocolate weighs!

I get what you mean - like 3500 calories of oil wouldn't acutally weight 1lb. No idea how it works though, I make a point of avoiding science :tongue:

-----

I need to do 30DS at some point this afternoon - I'm trying to stick to not taking more than one day off exercise at a time, and my boyfriend is coming up this evening for the weekend, so definitely won't be doing anything tomorrow. Going to eat lunch, give it a chance to digest, then do it I think :smile:

I'm cooking a belated Valentine's meal for my boy tonight :smile: I've tried to pick tasty recipes that are still healthy.

Making tomato and spahetti pasta bake (going to use a smaller portion of spaghetti though, and add in some chicken. Plus, I've got reduced fat mozarella, and won't be adding parmesan) with cheesy garlic bread (one ciabatta roll between the two of us). Then I'm making apple and raspberry bake for dessert (a version of crumble, but with the topping made out of crumbled crispbreads and spices rather than the traditional crumble topping), with vanilla ice cream.

Latest