Reply 4040
Mathematics, sent mid November

UCL - Unsuccessful 6th Feb
Durham - waiting
Bath - waiting
Bristol - waiting
Nottingham - Offer 30th Nov
Reply 4041
Got my second offer today :biggrin:, but still waiting on my other three choices
Conditional for my first choice. Need a B in AH Maths

Think I've finally decided on my order:

1. Actuarial Science(Heriot Watt) - conditional(B @ Advanced Maths)
2. Economics(Glasgow)
3. Economics(Edinburgh)
4. Economics(Heriot-Watt) - Unconditional
5. Statistics(Glasgow) - Unconditional

Although even after these months 2, 3 and 4 are interchangeable.

I will firm the Actuarial Course and will reject the Stats course.

Insurance will be an unconditional offer to study economics, haven't decided the institution. Obviously if I get a conditional or rejection from both Edinburgh and Glasgow I'll firm & insure at HW.
Original post by All-in
Mathematics, sent mid November

UCL - Unsuccessful 6th Feb
Durham - waiting
Bath - waiting
Bristol - waiting
Nottingham - Offer 30th Nov

Really can't imagine how you must feel, I've just had my second offer and waiting is turning me insane, I'm checking my email every half hour as it is but I only sent my UCAS a few days before the January deadline, to have sent it in November and have only heard back from 2 is absurd!
I'm waiting for Extra to open and it's driving me mad! :frown:

I got two conditionals and three auditions and then turned them all down to do midwifery, I've ended up with an illness that isn't going to go away any time soon so now I'm hoping somewhere will let me do English & Creative Writing/Journalism!
Got my Leicester offer today! Woop! I have my top 2 and a potential insurance! Just waiting on 2 more now. Gosh, the UCAS process is tiring!
same here!!
sent mine mid november
Economics
ucl-waiting
warwick-waiting
southampton-waiting
nottingham-rejected end of Jan
exeter-offer beginning of Jan:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 4047
Come on, Scotland. :crossedf:
Reply 4048
All my interviews are over and done with!
Here comes the waiting for replies now...
Offer from King's for Law (Hons) degree (A*AA) just an hour ago. UCAS has not been updated yet.
I'm so happy I could die!!!
By the way, THEY ACTUALLY MAKE OFFERS ON SATURDAYS :biggrin:
Been waiting for a reply from Warwick since last October! I think they deserve an award for taking the longest to get back to people, I know I'm not the only one in the same boat...
Reply 4052
Original post by Justme!
Offer from King's for Law (Hons) degree (A*AA) just an hour ago. UCAS has not been updated yet.
I'm so happy I could die!!!

Congratulations, might see you in September :smile:
Maybe there should be a league table started - post your date of application and the date of your last reply, with a calculation of the number of days spent waiting and the name of the university in question. It'd make for a very interesting statistical survey.
Original post by gtfo
Congratulations, might see you in September :smile:

This sounds great. Thanks for your congratulations.
All the best for you too!

carnationlilyrose

Maybe there should be a league table started - post your date of application and the date of your last reply, with a calculation of the number of days spent waiting and the name of the university in question. It'd make for a very interesting statistical survey.

I believe I've seen somewhere on the UCAS site a table with the average reply time. Might look it up later
I sent off my application in November and NONE of my 5 choices have replied. I applied to Edinburgh twice, Glasgow, Aberdeen and St Andrews for Art History with 4 As and a B at higher.
Should I be worried?
I know the deadline is in May.... but for none of them to reply by this time... I've been told this is really unusual.
maybe they didn't get your application?

Why not ring them up?

I only got my last offer for a different uni literally last week.. Universities might just be slacking..
No replies from any of my five choices: Edinburgh twice, Aberdeen, Glasgow and St Andrews. Is this not really weird?
Reply 4058
Original post by Worriedstudent1893
No replies from any of my five choices: Edinburgh twice, Aberdeen, Glasgow and St Andrews. Is this not really weird?
Not necessarily. Depends when you applied, and for which course/s. Edinburgh in particular is notorious for taking its time, so is St Andrews.
If the universities didn't want you, they would have rejected you already. I know people last year who applied before I did and didn't get any replies until mid February (I applied in October). These things take time. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending