The Student Room Group

Stockholm School of Economics MSc Finance applicants

Scroll to see replies

I also have received an early offer for Finance - but will turn it down as it was one of my safety choices and I also have offers from MIT, LSE and Cambridge..

I still do think that the SSE is a great school and going there is a good choice!!
Reply 21
That's a very impressive set of offers you have! Very well done! May I ask what your profile is like?

Where do you think you will choose?
Reply 22
Original post by slct
Thanks! my documents arrived pretty late, on January 27, so I'm assuming they weren't yet scanned in the system.
Hopefully I'll get an offer soon :smile:
Btw, are you from UK?

Sorry, didn't see this. Yes I am from the UK, currently studying at University of Birmingham, you?
Original post by Kingy950

Sorry, didn't see this. Yes I am from the UK, currently studying at University of Birmingham, you?

Hi, What are you studying at Birmingham? Asking because I am at Birmingham as well.
What GMAT/GRE score do you have and what are you planning on studying?
Reply 24
Ah such a small world! I am studying economics, you?

I scored 720 on the GMAT and have accepted my place on the Master in Finance course at SSE. I'm still waiting to hear back from HEC Paris and RSM so I may change my mind, but I doubt it as I really like everything I have seen about SSE.

What score do you have and what are you planning to study?
Ah such a small world! I am studying economics, you?

I scored 720 on the GMAT and have accepted my place on the Master in Finance course at SSE. I'm still waiting to hear back from HEC Paris and RSM so I may change my mind, but I doubt it as I really like everything I have seen about SSE.

What score do you have and what are you planning to study?

Congratulations on your offer, I am still waiting to hear back. I scored 680 and have applied to Msc Finance and General Management. Currently studying the joint degree in Engineering and Management.
Reply 26
I am guessing from your name that you have lived in Sweden? What is Sweden, and Stockholm in particular, like to live in?

Good luck with your application.
I am guessing from your name that you have lived in Sweden? What is Sweden, and Stockholm in particular, like to live in?

I am Swedish, just living and studying in the UK at the minute and will be moving back this summer after I graduate. I guess I am a bit biased being Swedish, so I really like Sweden and Stockholm. If you want then we can meet some time in the near future and discuss this.
Reply 28

As somebody who is definitely not Swedish I must add, that Sweden is indeed a wonderful place to live and study, and Stockholm is a jewel of Sweden :smile:
I spent a lot of time in Stockholm, - it is clean, had wonderful public transportation (probably the best in the World), very beautiful and convenient. The weather is, perhaps, not ideal, but not all that bad, either. I would choose Sweden any day if it made any sense to me ( as international I would have to pay the full price for the course and it just makes more sense to apply to UK schools).
Reply 29
Thank you for your input. From what I have read and heard about Sweden and Stockholm it sounds like a wonderful place to live and I'm really looking forward to getting there.

The only things that I am slightly wary of are the high cost of living and the long winter nights but I guess you get used to it.
Reply 30
Does someone got an offer from the Economic Department?
Hi! I have already applied to SSE for MSc program, but I chose Accounting instead of Finance. I am a non-EU student from a developing country in South-East Asia. The University Admission in Sweden received my documents on 31st January, so the status of my application is still in progress..hope to hear from SSE soon.

Wish you all the best for your applications guys!
Reply 32
Hello everyone!
I want to ask those who are allready admitted to SSE what were their gmat awa section scores?
I am asking because i haven't understand how important awa is and i have heard that a lot of people skip this section.
Thank you in advance!
Reply 33
I received an early off from SSE. I scored a 5.5 on the AWA section of the GMAT but I don't think it bears any significance on being accepted. A good score will not boost your chances; they just want you to have scored above a minimum so that they know you can write. As slct says, the main score, made up of the quantitative and verbal sections, is the important thing. From my experience and from what I have heard, SSE and other European schools place a lot of importance on the GMAT score, so do well in it and you stand a good chance, but the AWA is of little importance.
I received an early off from SSE. I scored a 5.5 on the AWA section of the GMAT but I don't think it bears any significance on being accepted. A good score will not boost your chances; they just want you to have scored above a minimum so that they know you can write. As slct says, the main score, made up of the quantitative and verbal sections, is the important thing. From my experience and from what I have heard, SSE and other European schools place a lot of importance on the GMAT score, so do well in it and you stand a good chance, but the AWA is of little importance.

Hi Kingy! I have a 700 GMAT (Q43, V42, AWA 5.0), but unfortunately I have an average GPA of 3.2 (on the 4-point scale). Do you think I still have a good chance to be accepted to SSE? Will my GPA serve as a hindrance for my application?

Thank you in advance :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by reformed.student
Hi Kingy! I have a 700 GMAT (Q43, V42, AWA 5.0), but unfortunately I have an average GPA of 3.2 (on the 4-point scale). Do you think I still have a good chance to be accepted to SSE? Will my GPA serve as a hindrance for my application?

Thank you in advance :smile:

Hi reformed.student

700 is a good GMAT score and I believe above average for the intake at SSE, so that is a strong part of your application. I'm not sure how that GPA scale converts to the english grading scale so I can't really comment on how significant a 3.2 is. I have an average 2:1 so far so nothing special, but I don't know if a 3.2 is below that?

Obviously there will be applicants with a higher GPA than you, but since you have a good GMAT that will hopefully make up for it. As I think I've said before, SSE from what I hear places emphasis on the GMAT, and you have a good score so I would have thought you have a decent chance.

Best of luck anyway.
Reply 36
I never applied to Cass.

I had offers from Rotterdam School of Management and Grenoble Graduate School of Business. I accepted the SSE offer though as I have liked everything I have heard about and researched of the school and program. I have an application still pending for HEC Paris, but I don't think I am interested in it anymore. Yes it is a very highly ranked school and course, but for 20,000 euros more? My heart is set on SSE and I can't wait to get there.
Reply 37

I accepted the SSE offer though as I have liked everything I have heard about and researched of the school and program. I have an application still pending for HEC Paris, but I don't think I am interested in it anymore. Yes it is a very highly ranked school and course, but for 20,000 euros more? My heart is set on SSE and I can't wait to get there.

It's like I have written this, except I don't have an answer yet. At this point I really hope that the rumors that they focus on the GMAT are true. My personal statement could have been better.
Reply 38
Only around 500? Are you sure? Isn't the class size like 150?
Reply 39
congrats guys, i didnt make the gmat, 6's in my AWA 78th percentile verbal, flunked my maths, so embarassed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending