The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Sapien
With the current fees. I don't think my parents could afford to pay for my university education!
I think most will go down the route of student loans/finance; paying the government back after earning.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Original post by Sapien
What year are you in?

Year 11. (Technically.) But I've done both my GCSEs and A-Levels.
Original post by usycool1

And I may do economics AS this year too (as the AS course is very similar to the GCSE course).

Which exam board are you with for Economics? :smile:
Reply 422
Original post by Student96
Oh thanks for the reminder haha :P

Oh, I remember doing one about the environment - all 5 of my answers were about the various parks in my local area!

Lol we only get the grades in the summer :s-smilie: I want them now :biggrin:
Reply 423
Does anyone have any timetable clashes?
I have G.C.S.E. Music Part 2 (C.C.E.A.) and French Listening (Higher) (A.Q.A) on the same time and same duration :L :/
A boy in my class has 3 clashes! (The same but with C.C.E.A. Home Economics!
Original post by blueray
Lol we only get the grades in the summer :s-smilie: I want them now :biggrin:

I bet you do - I would! I'm pretty sure our teacher will give them back for us to see, once he's marked them. Not sure whether that'll be a good or bad thing though! :P Did you take the january exam for History, the sources paper? :smile:
Reply 425
I bet you do - I would! I'm pretty sure our teacher will give them back for us to see, once he's marked them. Not sure whether that'll be a good or bad thing though! :P Did you take the january exam for History, the sources paper? :smile:

lol ours says the examiners will mark it :gah:
Original post by blueray
lol ours says the examiners will mark it :gah:

I think the teachers mark it (at least so they can tell us how they think we did) and then some get sent off to the exam board for moderation? I don't know, could be wrong! :tongue:
Reply 427
Original post by GameGod
Ah, I see. Thanks.

Year 11. (Technically.) But I've done both my GCSEs and A-Levels.

Wow! So... what are you up to for the next few years?
Reply 428
I think the teachers mark it (at least so they can tell us how they think we did) and then some get sent off to the exam board for moderation? I don't know, could be wrong! :tongue:

Ours don't at all :gah:
Are any exams scheduled in July? Or do they end at the end of June?
Original post by PrinceUpsb
Are any exams scheduled in July? Or do they end at the end of June?

All of mine end in June..but I've heard there are some in July..it depends on the exam board though.
Original post by x-Sophie-x
All of mine end in June..but I've heard there are some in July..it depends on the exam board though.

Oh right, we never find out our exam timetable until a few weeks before :frown:

I hope I have July off so I can work for 2 months, build up a stake and blow it. Guys like us that work on ranches...

Although I'll probably end up spending my summer holidays preparing for my new subjects :3
Original post by PrinceUpsb
Oh right, we never find out our exam timetable until a few weeks before :frown:

I hope I have July off so I can work for 2 months, build up a stake and blow it. Guys like us that work on ranches...

Although I'll probably end up spending my summer holidays preparing for my new subjects :3

Nor do we...What board are you on? Most of my subjects are AQA, and you can find out the exam timetable on their website..

Our school is leaving the first two weeks of July for work experience. And we have prom in between which is really annoying :angry:

I'm planning to get a job too, but it's actually so difficult to find a seasonal job!
Reply 433
Aw we did work experience in year 10 :P My summer exams are from may - june only and I have maths resit for edexcel (linear) 2nd and 5th march & Child development exam on 6th march
Original post by GameGod
What do you want to do at university?

Good set of A-Levels, BTW. Which ones are you taking this year (or have taken already)?

I want to to medicine at uni. I'm doing AS maths this year (with mechanics) and I'm thinking of doing AS Economics as it is extremely similar to the GCSE Economics course.
Original post by SophF_rth
Which exam board are you with for Economics? :smile:

I'm with OCR :smile: Do you do Economics? What exam board are you with?

I did unit 1 last year (How the market works) and scored an A. I hope I score an A* overall, though.
I'm with OCR :smile: Do you do Economics? What exam board are you with?

I did unit 1 last year (How the market works) and scored an A. I hope I score an A* overall, though.

Is Economics easy?
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Is Economics easy?

If you've done GCSE, it is quite easy but it's not too hard if you haven't either. It is very interesting, though. Are you taking AS economics? You may like to have a look at Tutor2u (http://tutor2u.net/) if you are :wink:
Reply 438
Is anyone applying to any summer schools that universities run in the holidays?

I'm thinking of the UCL and/or Cambridge ones - they look quite interesting (the Cambridge one falls on results day though... :mad:)
If you've done GCSE, it is quite easy but it's not too hard if you haven't either. It is very interesting, though. Are you taking AS economics? You may like to have a look at Tutor2u (http://tutor2u.net/) if you are :wink:

Yes I am. What is tutor2u?

Latest