The Student Room Group

Is long hair going out of fashion in teenage boys?

Has anyone else noticed in their school/ college that less people are going for the long/ Bieber hair style and going to short hair now? I have had my haircut recently and feel much happier with the shorter length and don't want to go back to long hair.

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's never been in fashion.
Reply 2
Original post by Infallible
It's never been in fashion.

Haha, do you remember 90's hairstyle?
Reply 3
Is this a serious question?
Reply 4
It's a bad social move to look like Justin Bieber. However he still seems to be a sex symbol so it can't be a bad look for the ladies. Conflicting choice: Girls or Guy mates.

I still have a fringe because I don't know what I would do without it now. If I need to fill an awkward silence and I can flick my hair and then wander of to the nurse with whiplash rather than sit there in awkwardness.
Reply 5
Everything is acceptable within reason , just smile and try to be less self concious
Reply 6
yeah what.
I hated it when all the boys had the Bieber hair.
Mainly because they hardly ever washed it so it was all greasy and nasty D:
Original post by Leelad
Has anyone else noticed in their school/ college that less people are going for the long/ Bieber hair style and going to short hair now? I have had my haircut recently and feel much happier with the shorter length and don't want to go back to long hair.

Thoughts?

Definitely.
Only recently I started to prefer keeping my hair short, before I used to like my hair at medium length, my hair was like a mop. I just looked in the mirror one day and thought "Nah".
I think boys see longer hair as more feminine, and try to move away from that, even if it looks good. I have buzz cuts because it's easier to manage, just like you see some females (Emma Watson) who cut their hair for that reason too, some can pull it off really well too.
(edited 12 years ago)
I used to have hair like Logan Sama or something, the follies of youth innit
I tried to grow my hair once and looked like the fifth member of the beatles.
it was not a good look.
keep it short.
Reply 11
Original post by Politricks
Definitely.
Only recently I started to prefer keeping my hair short, before I used to like my hair at medium length, my hair was like a mop. I just looked in the mirror one day and thought "Nah".
I think boys see longer hair as more feminine, and try to move away from that, even if it looks good. I have buzz cuts because it's easier to manage, just like you see some females (Emma Watson) who cut their hair for that reason too, some can pull it off really well too.

mop hair is pro, dont disrespect it

there are much more important things to worry about than hair
Reply 12
Prefer it long
Hopefully it dies off with Chinos and vans.

Seriously, does anybody have info on vans recording a 900% increase in shoe sales?
Reply 14
Original post by Agenda Suicide
Hopefully it dies off with Chinos and vans.

Seriously, does anybody have info on vans recording a 900% increase in shoe sales?

I like vans.

Chinos can **** right off though.
Original post by tehforum
I like vans.

Chinos can **** right off though.

Me too, I love Vans but I can't stand it when they are destroyed with Chinos.

"Don't my beige chinos go well with these Red Vans?"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Reply 16
Works for some guys, some not.

Not really a "fashion" thing imo.
Reply 17
Short hair will always be in fashion.
Reply 18
i wouldnt say out of fashion i know many boys who maintain relatively 'long' hair, although that being said if you mean long as in pony tail long it has never been in fashion but for a few hippies/emo rocker types so meh
Reply 19
no no no long hair was never in fashion...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending