The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Offers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone a Master's applicant?

I had my interview yesterday for a place in the Journalism programme. Just wondering what the timeframe will be like for waiting to get a final decision... God I'm nervous...
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 41
Original post by Tel8
Anyone a Master's applicant?

I had my interview yesterday for a place in the Journalism programme. Just wondering what the timeframe will be like for waiting to get a final decision... God I'm nervous...

I'm a Master's applicant ! (Arts Administration and Cultural Policy) I have my interview tomorrow. I've had interviews with other universities the past weeks and usually it takes 3-4 days to receive an email with the offer. But they all told me on the phone directly that I was accepted. Didn't they tell you anything ?
Reply 42
They did actually (the lady said she'd like to have me in the programme) and I actually got the email with the offer in today :smile: I'm so so so excited!! I got another offer as well from a different school, and what looks like a third so I've got some major decisions coming up, but still, YES!
Reply 43
I've got an offer of AAB for Economics, Politics and Public Policy. I'm still deciding whether to firm it. I haven't even been to an open day yet.
Reply 44
ABB for Anthropology. If I get rejected from UCL I'll probably firm it, it's between Goldsmiths and Manchester anyway! Are there any other open days coming up?
Reply 45
I got my offer for the MA Arts Administration - music pathway ! 2 weeks after my interview though... and thus I missed the deadline for the AHRC scholarship application. Dammit I almost felt like it was made on purpose !

Any of you applying for the £1000 partial fee waiver scholarship ? Do you know if it's easy to get ? I accepted my offer but there is no way I can afford the whole tuition fees :/
TRIBE @ The Amersham Arms (New Cross Road)
TRIBE @ AMERSHAM ARMS

TONIGHT SATURDAY 3RD MARCH

A new monthly event opening the doors to interesting sounds from the forefront of modern house music.

In the lively front room of The Amersham Arms, we can descend dance floor tribal grooves
in the comfort of SE London.

FREE ENTRY

9pm - 3am
Reply 47
I've got an unconditional offer for English and History of ACC (I've been out of school for a couple years) :biggrin:
Reply 48
Applied for English and English + Creative Writing. The original offer was AAB but I applied with BBB and got unconditional offers for both so I'm taking the Creative Writing one. Looking forward to relocating to London :smile:
I have an unconditional for BA Fine Art & History of Art, just waiting for it to come through on UCAS so I can accept!
Conditional english and comparative lit.

anyone else? x
Just got an offer of BBB for Media and Modern Lit (not as fluffy a subject
as it sounds) I'm so excited. I never thought I a million years
they'd offer something so lenient - is that a good sign?

Awash. So happy. It's my firm all the way xxxxxxxx
Reply 52
I've got an offer from Kingston (Media and Cultural Studies+Spanish) and from Goldsmiths (Media and Communications). What would you choose as firm in this case?
Reply 53
US student here

Politics and International Relations

HS Diploma and a 3 or higher on 2 AP tests.
Original post by aga80
I've got an offer from Kingston (Media and Cultural Studies+Spanish) and from Goldsmiths (Media and Communications). What would you choose as firm in this case?

who ever is asking for higher grades i think is the traditional way to decide. if it comes down to it and you get the grades for your highest but youd rather go for the lower grade course then you can do so (i think...im pretty sure) - thats how i would decide x
Reply 55
Original post by aga80

The Goldsmiths Media and Communications course is supposed to be very good, one of the best in the country I think- though I don't know anything about the course at Kingston.

I think that Goldsmiths is generally regarded as a better institution, but it's usually better to take a step back from the grades and league tables and look at the differences in the way the courses approach the subject, or in the ethos of each university. If you're still stuck for choice between the two you could look up the modules that make up the course and then weight them up against each other.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lilzz
I got my offer for the MA Arts Administration - music pathway ! 2 weeks after my interview though... and thus I missed the deadline for the AHRC scholarship application. Dammit I almost felt like it was made on purpose !

Any of you applying for the £1000 partial fee waiver scholarship ? Do you know if it's easy to get ? I accepted my offer but there is no way I can afford the whole tuition fees :/

I'm not eligible for the partial fee waiver scholarship as an international student. Shame.

I accepted an unconditional offer back in January for the MA Arts Admin-Music pathway...have you decided to go?
Reply 57
Original post by JenBarnes207
I'm not eligible for the partial fee waiver scholarship as an international student. Shame.

I accepted an unconditional offer back in January for the MA Arts Admin-Music pathway...have you decided to go?

I thought we were? I think we qualify as long as we pay in advance? I hate being classed as overseas! I think those of us who are also UK citizens might be able to get loans after a semester or two? There's a continuous residency requirement if I'm not mistaken...
Original post by Tel8
I thought we were? I think we qualify as long as we pay in advance? I hate being classed as overseas! I think those of us who are also UK citizens might be able to get loans after a semester or two? There's a continuous residency requirement if I'm not mistaken...

The pay up front discount is a different one...it's only a 2.5% discount.

The fee waiver is a different thing, this is what the website says:

"What are they?

30 awards of up to £1,000, which will act as a partial fee waiver for one year of study
Each of the academic departments and two 'hard' centres at Goldsmiths can award a scholarship of £1,000 to one full-time student (or two scholarships of £500 for part-time students)
The remaining 13 scholarships of £1,000 will be open on a competitive basis across the whole College
Am I eligible?
You must:

be a UK/EU fee payer
be holding an offer of a place at Goldsmiths, starting October 2012
be a new postgraduate student
demonstrate academic excellence and/or achievement in your field of study"
Reply 59
Original post by JenBarnes207
The pay up front discount is a different one...it's only a 2.5% discount.

The fee waiver is a different thing, this is what the website says:

"What are they?

30 awards of up to £1,000, which will act as a partial fee waiver for one year of study
Each of the academic departments and two 'hard' centres at Goldsmiths can award a scholarship of £1,000 to one full-time student (or two scholarships of £500 for part-time students)
The remaining 13 scholarships of £1,000 will be open on a competitive basis across the whole College
Am I eligible?
You must:

be a UK/EU fee payer
be holding an offer of a place at Goldsmiths, starting October 2012
be a new postgraduate student
demonstrate academic excellence and/or achievement in your field of study"

Nah, we're not eligible. We're not UK/EU fee payers- we pay overseas fees. Boo! Did you check for scholarships through your department though? The media and communications department had a few that were exclusively open to its students- the deadlines for them have passed, but I don't what the timeframes are for other departments.

Quick Reply

Latest