The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dear You,

It's been a long time since we talked. I still hate you a little bit for breaking all your promises so quickly, don't you remember how much I did for you? What you would've been without me? I gave you the best years of my life and I feel like a bit of a mug because everything I said the whole time was what I truly felt and that clearly wasnt the case for you. Don't you at least miss me a little bit? I miss you like nothing on this earth, but there's no way I'd have you back even if that were an option. I hope we can talk one day because you were my best friend for three years aside from whatever else. I hope you're ok

Love Me
Dear You,

I wish I'd met you at another time. I still think about that one, crazy, beautiful night that we had together. About how well we connected, and how there seemed to be this incredble future opening up so fast. But I wasn't ready and neither were you, we messed about and hurt each other because that's all we knew. I regret doing what I did so much that I can't even articulate us. Maybe in another eventuality we could've had that future together but you will always remain my most beautiful mistake.

Love Me.
Dear You,

I wish to God you could understand the level of pain you caused me - to this day, nearly three years on, the memory of it makes me start to burn with rage, and simultaneously want to cry. I just wish I could understand why it was me you did this to - after all we had been through together, all the memories, a whole lifetime of them, you betrayed me in the cruellest way. I wish you could just explain why - perhaps it was unintentional, but given the type of person you've gone on to become, I doubt it. In a way, I'm glad I was the first person you cut out as I had longer to "get over it" as it were, as well as to realise I deserved better than being your doormat. I genuiely hope you realise that the person you've become is not a nice one, as I regret the loss of who you were. At the same time, a dark, bitter part of me wants you to suffer like I have. I want you to lose your friends, your university degree, your boyfriend, I want you to feel lost and alone and worthless. It makes me feel revenged, if you will.

But I know that that's not the "bigger" thing to do - I struggle sometimes, but I'm glad to say I don't brood on this nearly as much as I used to. I like to think it means I'm closer to getting over it. Time will tell.

Don't know how to sign off- atm I can't even wish you ill or well! So keeping it simple.

From Me.
Dear You,

Someone is dying because of you, and you care so little. I don't understand how you can be like that. I don't understand why your gain is worth their life.

I don't know what to do anymore.
Dear you,

I thought you should probably know how much I hate facebook chat, the only reason I leave myself signed in is because it means you'll talk to me.

Also, the day we were supposed to meet, I'd read the weather forecast, I knew it was going to snow. I still wore a summery dress just because I wanted you to think I looked nice. I wish you'd turned up.
I always delete my texts at the end of every day but I'd kept all of yours. But I deleted them that night. I still had a lovely day with my friends but I really wish you'd been there.

And I know I annoy you sometimes. I don't mean to, I just don't know how to act. I hope you don't hold it against me.

From me.
Dear You,

I don't know where I would be without you. You've helped me when I've felt like utter crap and made me laugh when I really didn't feel like laughing. My issues seem tiny in comparison to yours yet you've been patient, kind and understanding. I think it's ridiculous that she won't let you see your kids yet I reckon you'd be an absolutely brilliant dad. I know I'd be proud to have someone like you as mine. You're probably one of the only people who understands me and the only person I feel I can open up to completely. You know what I'm thinking before I do, and have helped me to think more positively. When I come to you in a bad mood you always lighten it, without judging me or treating me like the idiot I sometimes feel I am. Thank you, You.

- Me

PS: Apologies for that overly rambly/angsty 'PLEASE HELP ME OMFG' email from Wednesday.
Dear You,

I'm sorry. I'm just scared of screwing things up. I really wanted to meet you, but I was scared you would be disappointed. Whenever things gets serious, I get scared. I'm scared of relationships, scared of being a disappointment and scared that I'll screw things up between us. Even when we don't talk, I think about you. I hope you can find someone better than me, someone who's not scared to fall in love. You're a brilliant guy, deserving of someone who's confident and not a total mess. How can you love me when I can't even love me?
Dear You,

I was once young, foolish and I wanted to try new things... I didn't think you would find out, but when you did I was determined to get you back in my life, as I thought you were perfect. From then on I saw you through rose coloured glasses, and you used my mistake against me, so much so that I would have to tip toe around you and I gave you my all in fear that you would leave me. But you did just that. It's funny how the tables turn... I always thought I was too good for you from the start, but when I got a taste of what life without you would be like I fell for you, only for you to stab me in the back. That's all in the past and I'm shagging your good friend now. Revenge has never tasted so sweet.

Love, me :smile:
Dear you....
I hate how one minute everything was great and now it's just turned to ****. I hate how we've lost everything. I just don't understand you, my mind keeps replaying events trying to work out where it all went wrong but i can't. I want a break from thinking about you, it's hurting me. I hate how I have to see you out and pretend that nothing's different, how we pretend that nothing's happened but it's the elephant in the room.
Why couldn't it just be simple.
Dear you
Ive liked you since the day we met. Then I realised that you seem to get off with any other guy around, but not me as we are friends. Good friends. I thought I'd got over you, but recently we became even better friends and now I want you even more. Either put me out of misery or be with me, please, because its driving me slightly insane.
Yours,
Me
Dear You,

We haven't known eachother long, but still i'd love to get to know you more. I feel a connection, and you're a lovely girl... beautiful, gentle and funny. Your random comments make me laugh so much! I guess i should just man up and speak to you more myself, i want too, and i don't want to just hold it there, i want to go further.

Remember, i still have your mitten! And im not sure you can have it back just yet...

Love Me.
Reply 31
Dear You,

After 3 years of 'friendship' I've had enough. I should have nipped it in the bud early on to save us both the emotional turmoil. When I told you I didn't like you 'in that way' all those years ago you assured me that it was fine and we could remain friends. You seemed to latch on to me and claim I was your 'best friend' when in fact I gave you no reason to think this. You were never happy with just being friends and always pushed me when I was drunk and stupidly I kissed you more times than I care to remember. I was naive to think we could just brush these off as drunken kisses, you always take things to seriously... You expect me to treat you like my girlfriend and you get jealous when I mention other girls. The final straw was last week when I invited you to my friends party (I didn't have to do this...) and then you got upset because I didn't spend all night with you. You have serious attachment issues and you don't know how to have fun. Let go of the past and stop being so hung up about being single. The best years of your life are passing you by and I'm not going to let you drag me down with you. You're no friend of mine.

Love Me.
Dear You,

Why won't you talk to me? We've been together all this time and I feel as though you aren't bothered. Please show me you love me :frown:
Dear You,

All I want to know is why. Why I wasn't enough for you.

Back when we started, you were so into me. You worked so hard to get me to like you, you were always lovely to me, you were funny, sweet, considerate. You jeopardised your friendship with one of your best friends for us to get together, we took such a big risk - and I really thought it would be worth it.

But then you started to make less effort. You contacted me less and less, and gradually, week by week, you seemed to give up a little bit more.

And then it just fell apart. You paid no attention to me, you prioritised every other part of your life above me. And it upset me more and more as I tried to get closer to you again and you made no effort whatsoever.

So eventually I started to give up too. I was spending far too much of my time wondering why you weren't interested in me, and being worried and stressed, and I really didnt deserve it.

So I had to end it, because you were hurting me more than anyone has hurt me before. And I'm better off now, you werent worth any of it.

All I want to know is what I did, or what I didn't do, that pushed you away.

I still care about you, and I think I always will. I probably meant nothing to you, but you are a significant chapter of my life now.

Sincerely,
Me
Dear you,

Im sorry for all the pain i caused you, i wish i told you how i felt and what was wrong with me. I should have kept my promises of wanting to grow old with you and having children, living in the countryside together by a lake. Maybe had i told you earlier me and you could have been two but i now stand alone and wither while as happy as i am that you found someone new and is making you happy it hurts to think i could and should have been that person making you smile. I wish i fought for you like you said you would for me and that you could see how much it hurts that you were my girl and my best friend and now i have neither. One day i hope we can still be friends or even best friends but until then my heart beats like a sad metrenome waiting for you to come home to me. I still love you and i always will, and i hope you can forgive me.
Dear you

5 years gone by and i wish you would go away i hate you so much but i wont tell you that ever because it would destroy you and i still dont want to hurt you. you made me feel so used an worthless but still you are the reason for what i am. you control every aspect of my life and all i want to do is be free.

from me.
Dear You,

You confuse me so much! We don't see each very often these days but, last year, I felt so close to you! I don't think you realise that I like you 'in that way', but I really do. I think you see me as some quiet, innocent, 'frigid' girl but I'm so much more than that. If you got to know me properly, on my own, you'd see that we've got the same sense of humour and want the same things from life. I hate the fact I had such a 'shy' image at school and college - I'm not like that anymore; however, I still can't pluck up the courage to speak to you now! I cried and cried when I saw a photo of you kissing another girl. It's completely pathetic (I know that) but it really hurt me. I'll always remember that night in ******. You were drunk, I was pretending be more drunk than I was. You danced with me and held your face so close to mine. We almost kissed but didn't. I didn't want to make a fool of myself or think of me as a regret, so I told you that you were too drunk and left with your friends. Why did I do that? I guess part of me didn't want our first kiss to be one that you'd have no recollection of.
All I want is for you to see me as a potential girlfriend and not just that shy friend. I want you to notice me.

All my love, me xxxxx
Reply 37
Original post by johnharris19944
Dear you,

Im sorry for all the pain i caused you, i wish i told you how i felt and what was wrong with me. I should have kept my promises of wanting to grow old with you and having children, living in the countryside together by a lake. Maybe had i told you earlier me and you could have been two but i now stand alone and wither while as happy as i am that you found someone new and is making you happy it hurts to think i could and should have been that person making you smile. I wish i fought for you like you said you would for me and that you could see how much it hurts that you were my girl and my best friend and now i have neither. One day i hope we can still be friends or even best friends but until then my heart beats like a sad metrenome waiting for you to come home to me. I still love you and i always will, and i hope you can forgive me.

Aw some of these are really cute/sad/inspiring but this one almost made me want to cry! You need to tell her this and show her this because that was so sweet and depressing at the same time:frown:
Reply 38
Dear you

You make me sick to my stomach, for someone I'm supposed to care about the most, I now only feel hatred for you, I've had enough of your control, you can't stop me from doing what I want to do and if you do, you'll just increase the distance I am from you, you make me angry.

Nowadays I've started to become emotionless, just to calm down the anger, it works, but I've become something that I didn't want to become, I have no remorse for you, I don't wish death to you, but I vow to not go to your funeral. I hate you.

Yours sincerely

Dear you

I loved you, but I couldn't take your control, you were irrational when I was with you, I cared about you, but then you started to harm yourself to get me to stay with you, I ended it in a weird way, but I had no other choice, you wouldn't have let me left if I told you I was definitely leaving. I wonder how you are sometimes, I don't know whether you treat your next bf the same (if you have one), I want to know whether you like me anymore, as a person, you apologized at the end, but then I didn't respond to your apology, I guess that's why you deleted me, plus to forget the memories like with your last bf before me.

Anyway, I hope you sort yourself out, I was a bit childish after the first month or two when we finished and wished your life was a living hell like it looked to be but I'm over that, I don't want you to suffer.

Yours sincerely.

Finally

Dear you

I understand you now, I think you're the closest person I know, weird because you're 10 years older than me, you helped me grow up a lot, taught me things, even when you left our house, but I understand why you did it now, I want to meet you again and it's good you're in contact now. But now I'm a grown man, we can have a proper conversation without other people noticing, so you get to know a bit about me as well and how I've spent the past few years properly. Plus I've got a few stories of my own to tell.

Yours sincerely
(edited 12 years ago)
Dear You,

You're the perfect person, you're amazing. You're lucky, your life is so easy and nothing ever goes wrong and I think it's ok because you're so nice. I'm sorry if I've been weird or mean to you, I didn't mean to. No one else would have done what you've done for me. I wish I was normal just for you, even though I know you love me even if I'm not. I hope one day I'll be normal or that I can at least stop the medication because I'll be able to function without it. Thanks for keeping me alive and being there all the time. I hope I can change because I don't ever want you to leave.

<3

Latest

Trending

Trending