The Student Room Group

Do Unis make more offers than places they have for nursing?

I know this is a pretty self explanatory question for most courses. But, I'm wanting to study nursing at University & I know this is a highly competitive course.
So, I was just wondering if anyone knows how it works? :smile:
Thanks
xx
Reply 1
Yes, same for all courses.
I think they do some flashy statistics so to maximize the amount of offers they are going to do, knowing that people wont make the grade or change their mind.
What happens if you get an offer from somewhere but it's not your 1st choice, & you're waiting for others to respond. Then say I got 4 rejections, if I took up the offer is there a chance the offer would have..gone? Talking about conditional offer.
I've had just confirmed my unconditional for the last adult nursing diploma at uclan Preston to start 23rd april 2012 there is over 2000 applicants for 200 space so we got told so 9 out of 10 get rejected it's very competive but I'm sure if you apply n get a offer it stands until u have decided but if you are lucky enough to get a space I would confirm instantly. I've just had all my timetables and crb forms n occupational health forms. I will add though in my selection interview was suppose to be 22 but only 11 turned up so there are still chances out there xxxx
Original post by Cherriesxo
What happens if you get an offer from somewhere but it's not your 1st choice, & you're waiting for others to respond. Then say I got 4 rejections, if I took up the offer is there a chance the offer would have..gone? Talking about conditional offer.

No. You do not respond to any offer until after you have received decisions from all your choices, and offers cannot disappear.
Original post by Good bloke
No. You do not respond to any offer until after you have received decisions from all your choices, and offers cannot disappear.

But what happens if you have received all decisions, choose to accept an offer (& you meet the conditions of the offer), but there's no places left. Could that happen? A bit confused here.
Original post by Cherriesxo
Could that happen?

No, as long as you make your choice before the date notified to you by UCAS.
Original post by Good bloke
No, as long as you make your choice before the date notified to you by UCAS.

Cool! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending