The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Derby University Accommodation

Just wanted to ask, which hall/campus is most recommended at Derby University? I've also heard the nightlife is class; I'm going to study Sport Science/Exercise Science.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
I can't answer your question but I'm interested in halls too. I looked at a standard room in Sir Peter Hilton and wasn't very impressed, eg flat for 6 but only table for 4 in the kitchen but maybe other halls are better. It's a shame there aren't many people on here discussing Derby compared to other uni's...
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Im a first year student at Derby uni and have been to all the halls..

Laverstoke and Lonsdale are far from everything and they're ****. Having said that, people there are more social.

Sir Peter Hilton & Nunnery are ok. Sir Peter Hilton is quiet but people there are friendly. Nunnery is where the parties are.

Princess Alice is lovely. People are friendly but keep to themselves quite a bit. Rooms are prettier than elsewhere and the kitchen's are rather big (bigger than in Sir Peter Hilton anyways :P ).

Peak court is for the snobs. I think it's all ensuite and no one really knows anyone there. All the rather nerdy people live there.

Peak, Princess alice, SPH and nunnery are all close together and really close to town.

Quick Reply

Latest