The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingGoonIan
Is anyone else applying for accommodation and not living at home? I just have a query about this because when I went to apply it said I must sign a contract for a year but at my interview they said I'd only live on campus for about 6 months so how is living on campus possible?

Not sure how Surrey works but maybe you'll be living in nursing accommodation provided at some of your placements?:confused:
Original post by jadey21
Not a problem, its all very exciting stuff!! I already have my own flat but decided I want to live in :smile: Want the experience of living in halls, should be fun!Just desperate to hear from Northumbria now :smile:

Dunno if I'd live on campus if I went to Northumbria. Dw I'm sure they'll get back to you soon.

Original post by glf2110
Not sure how Surrey works but maybe you'll be living in nursing accommodation provided at some of your placements?:confused:

Yeah I think the other half is but I dunno if I'd like to live with purely student nurses. Is that what you do? What's it like if so?
I've applied to do Degree in Adult Nursing (:
Applied for
Surrey
Southampton
Brighton
Bournemouth.

Soton & Brighton said no, but got interview for Surrey! Woo :biggrin: x
Reply 1983
Original post by Kate-:)
Yes birmjnghams going to be my first choice still hav interviews at Northumbria and York for insurance. I'm so excited!!! I'm thinking of child nursing but also like mental health so birmingham is a good choice as you don't choose till end of year 1 :biggrin: xx

Oh awesome!! My insurance will probably either be Nottingham or Coventry. xxx
Reply 1984
Original post by ttotheay
Hey guys! I've got a conditional from university of Birmingham for nursing too, I think it's going to be my first choice, so excited, currently doing my a levels :3 xxx

Thats cool what a levels are you doing? :smile: which uni is going to be your insurance? xx
Reply 1985
Hi ive got an interview for Glyndwr university next week to do Pre registration nursing. I was just wondering if anyone else has an interview or has had one recently and could give me an idea of what they will ask me. The letter states to allow 3 hours but 20 min for the interview. Thanks
Reply 1986
Original post by lauren_lfc
Just found out I have an interview for the university of Leeds on 16th march for adult nursing! :smile: hope your interviews go well!

Just found out I got a conditional from Manchester! yay :smile: Liverpool interview on Wednesday and Leeds on thursday.. hope yours go well too!
Reply 1987
Does anyone have an interview at Leeds on Feb 23rd? :smile:
Original post by nkbarker176
I've applied to do Degree in Adult Nursing (:
Applied for
Surrey
Southampton
Brighton
Bournemouth.

Soton & Brighton said no, but got interview for Surrey! Woo :biggrin: x

Hey best of luck with your Surrey interview. Are you taking A levels?
Reply 1989
Original post by gemma.louise89
I think kingston is meant to be a good uni but the travelling will impact on how well you will do as you will be tired... I don't think it will be worth it to be honest unless you move there.

Will be hard to ask your relatives if you aren't that close to them to stay at theirs as well, particularly for late shifts as you won't want to wake them up in the middle of the night when you get home.

Good luck for your Brighton interview as thats a really good uni and at least you've got an offer already at Bournemouth so your going not matter what :smile:

Gemma x

yea ur right
but shall i still go to the interviews?

x
Reply 1990
Original post by glf2110
Seriously, if you're not going to live in London I would forget studying there. One of my friends on Adult at Soton leaves at 0500 to get to her current placement at a local hospital. She does 12 hour shifts across the week. Considering that you're not really close with the relatives, I dont think that this would be feasible for you or them, and don't forget the costs. The choice to go to interview is yours. It would be good practice for the unis that you're more interested in. I think that studying in London would add a lot more stress to your life and the course/placement isn't easy. Also consider the friendships that you would make at uni, would be had to keep these up if you don't live locally.
Hope all goes well. :smile:

thanks so much for the advise
im thinking of not going to the interview for london now
it will be quite stressful to be honest i dont think i could handel it
but then im scared i dont get in brighton
oh its too much
x
Reply 1991
Hi

I am looking for anyone else who got in to do adult nursing in Bangor in SEPT 2012...
Original post by emmieaston
oh rightttt, i have an interveiw there on the 29th, was it okay?
what was the day like, hard questions? xx

for coventry? it is one of my hardest interviews but if you mail me ill tell you what i remember of it :smile: x
Reply 1993
Hey,
Im starting BSc Adult Nursing in April 2012 at Birmingham City University , anyone else? xxx
Reply 1994
Can anyone who knows anything much about Coventry share some thoughts with me? I know there is a lot of mixed thoughts. Its one of two insurance choices of mine xxx
Reply 1995
Original post by Amykinsx
Does anyone have an interview at Leeds on Feb 23rd? :smile:

I do! :smile:
Original post by Surfing_the_shine
hi , could you answer some questions please
what was the UEA interview like?
have you heard back from them yet?
what subjects are you taking?

The UEA interview was really easy. Everyone was really nice and the English and maths tests were not that difficult :smile:
They gave me a conditional offer about a week later :biggrin:
Im doing a health and social care BTEC diploma atm...
Original post by Samanthaaaaa
The UEA interview was really easy. Everyone was really nice and the English and maths tests were not that difficult :smile:
They gave me a conditional offer about a week later :biggrin:
Im doing a health and social care BTEC diploma atm...

What branch did/are you guys applying for?
Original post by farya
yea ur right
but shall i still go to the interviews?

x

Depends, I can't tell you yes or no but I think you need to base it on whether you can handle 2 hours commuting... Or consider moving closer?

Sorry if that doesn't help x
Reply 1999
Has anyone had any offers from Bangor and Cardiff yet to do mental health nursing? i know Cardiff said there not getting back to people till end of march but just wondering if they've gave rejections yet? so nervous with all this waiting. x

Quick Reply