The Student Room Group

Eton College Universities Summer School, anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Why is this in the Oxbridge forum? :facepalm:
Reply 461
Yes, I've applied. Highly doubt I will get in though, my GCSE's were horrific. Furthermore, only 120 pupils get in. If you don't mind me asking, what GCSE's did you recieve @GlorifiedPie?
Reply 462
Heya
just found out today that I got a place for physics w/ chemistry, and I was curious if anyone else has heard back yet :smile:

XD
Reply 463
I also heard back today and secured a place for double maths (oh yes I do love maths :smile:) - two of my friends have places as well. Looking forward to it!
Reply 464
lol that's nice to hear! :smile: i know, i actually don't know anyone else going on it, but nonetheless i'm really excited :biggrin:
I also got a place, for Maths with Chemistry. I couldn't believe it to be honest :biggrin:
Original post by 95JC
Yes, I've applied. Highly doubt I will get in though, my GCSE's were horrific. Furthermore, only 120 pupils get in. If you don't mind me asking, what GCSE's did you recieve @GlorifiedPie?

I applied for Physics - didn't get in. :frown:
Reply 467
Awesome :smile: Lol me neither :biggrin:
I've got a place for English :grin: So excited! Anyone else in Common Lane House btw?

I don't know anyone else going on it and no-one from my school has ever applied before so I haven't got a clue what to expect. Little worried everyone else will have school friends with them.

The letter has just been sitting on the side next to me all morning because Mum didn't say I had any post.
Reply 469
Oh yeah I'm in common lane house too :smile:

I'm in the exact same situation, I just looked up old posts on the student room to try and get a feel for what it's actually like!

Haha seriously? That sounds so annoying!
I'm pretty sure that I'm in Common Lane as well... I had parents evening on thursday so I wasn't even going to get home until six, but my parents brought my post with them aha xD

I know my school had two people get in last year, and I think they have in the past as well, it was something they kept going on about us apply to... I still don't really know anything about it though really haha. So yeah, little but nervous but mainly just really excited :biggrin:
Reply 471
@jmenkus Thanks! I was wondering just how spread out is the school? I mean are there loads of different buildings within it? And though I know how unreliable British weather is, what's it like in summer?

@ZoeMaloey Yay! Yeah I think common lane house is A-M... Aw that's nice of them :smile: my mum just gave it to me when I got home, but I had no idea what it was til I opened it. For some reason I'd gotten it in my head that they'd get back to us by mid April, but of course that's when WE have to get back to THEM :smile:

I'm not too worried about it, cause I literally have not come across anything negative about it online... But yeah I'll admit I'm a little nervous XD is there anyone else from your school going this year?
@Helangio Yeah, I knew they were ordered like that I just couldn't remember which one I was in, but yeah its comman lane :smile: I didn't think they were getting back to us until much later either! I had no idea what it was to be honest, I never really get post.

No, I'm not overly worried, because from what I have heard from the people in Year 13 they had a fantastic time! There's one other person from my school going this year. My best friend also applied but didn't get a place :/ I felt awful because I was all excited and just assumed he'd got in :/
Reply 473
I've been accepted this year for Geography, should be staying in Common Lane too! got no one else going that i know, so it'll be good to meet you all:smile: looking forward to it and good luck for all your summer exams:smile:
I applied but didn't get in for Physics - shame :/

My school hasn't sent anyone before and I was the only one who applied!
Reply 475
I found out last week- my dad drove to school to give me the letter because I told him he couldn't open it until I got home! :smile:

I got a place for history - I didn't actually think I'd get it!

I'm staying in common lane house too, so excited, I think one other person from my school got in? Only a couple applied though, because no one actually thought they would get in. :smile:

You guys getting hoodies, or is that a little too far? :wink:
Reply 476
Original post by EsmeA
I found out last week- my dad drove to school to give me the letter because I told him he couldn't open it until I got home! :smile:

I got a place for history - I didn't actually think I'd get it!

I'm staying in common lane house too, so excited, I think one other person from my school got in? Only a couple applied though, because no one actually thought they would get in. :smile:

You guys getting hoodies, or is that a little too far? :wink:

Ah that's so so good, well done! yeah i was the only one from my school to get in so i'm so happy:smile:
yeah i don't know about hoodies or anything, are you thinking of ordering something? x
Reply 477
@ZoeMaloey yeah me too :smile: There was nothing official on the envelope, so I just thought it was like ... I don't know... a bank statement or something dull like that?

That's always nice to hear XD Aww that sucks about your friend though... :frown: At least you'll know someone :smile: similar thing happened with me and my friend last year, because we both applied to this maths summer thing, and I got in, and she didn't. I still managed to have a good enough time without her though (but of course it'd have been better if she was there)

@EsmeA and @bishop2 Hey congrats on getting in :smile: I'm thinking about getting a hoodie but i don't know if it'd be being a bit too eager XD I am tempted though :smile:
I went to the Eton Summer School last year and it was really great! I stayed in Common Lane and did English. The teachers are lovely :smile:
Oh, totally getting a hoodie! The year 13s from my school who went last year wear them ALL the time, haha. They look pretty cool tbh and well... I want one :P

Quick Reply

Latest