The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

I got a direct offer last week and it says i have to go in for an evening on the 9th. The email was confusing - what happens at the evening? :confused:
Original post by maryam. h
I just reecieved a direct offer too, but was wandering, what grades did you need to be accepted into woodhouse?

B's ideally but if you're from a neighbouring school..it varies (due to circumstance)
Reply 982
Original post by Iqbal007
Quote the other guy, not me, i already went woodhouse for 2 years :smile:
Did you know Hazem and Yasin by any chance?

Sorry, my mistake - I will remember not to quote you next time. :smile:

Yeah, I know Hazem quite well and I've spoken to Yasin a few times (although didn't see him that much cos he was in the year above me). AFAIK, they're both doing very well for themselves now!

What are you doing at the moment? Which uni are you at? :smile:
Original post by farrafella
I got a direct offer last week and it says i have to go in for an evening on the 9th. The email was confusing - what happens at the evening? :confused:

They just give you a talk and try to persuade to go Woodhouse :smile:
Original post by asif007
Sorry, my mistake - I will remember not to quote you next time. :smile:

Yeah, I know Hazem quite well and I've spoken to Yasin a few times (although didn't see him that much cos he was in the year above me). AFAIK, they're both doing very well for themselves now!

What are you doing at the moment? Which uni are you at? :smile:

Yeah very well to be honest..... both hardworkers.

Well I flopped :frown: so i'm doing computer engineering at QMUL, only 280 ucas points :confused:
I had my interview today and I'm not sure how it went.
I hope I get a conditional offer:s-smilie:
I applied to woodhouse to and i am predicted 7A*'s and 3A's and a few of my friends have gotten interviews but I havent recieved an email. I was wondering if there still giving out any more interviews or direct offer?
Original post by SamiTheTurtle
I applied to woodhouse to and i am predicted 7A*'s and 3A's and a few of my friends have gotten interviews but I havent recieved an email. I was wondering if there still giving out any more interviews or direct offer?

Direct offers are gone, they had a separate offer day which is usually around jan/feb.

There's still quite a few days to go for interviews :smile:
Reply 988
Original post by Iqbal007
Yeah very well to be honest..... both hardworkers.

Well I flopped :frown: so i'm doing computer engineering at QMUL, only 280 ucas points :confused:

Yeah, it's good to see them both working hard! I haven't seen the guys since January 2011 though, I really should arrange a day out! :s-smilie:

Dude, you haven't flopped! QMUL is a great university, and you're studying a well-respected course. I know QMUL is one of the best for maths/engineering/physics type courses, so you've done very well to get there! I would have done anything to get an offer for a London university! :smile:

Hope your course is going well. :biggrin:
Reply 989
Quick Question. Does anyone if Mrs Bennett and Mrs Giles still teach geography at Woodhouse?
Original post by LTC1409
Quick Question. Does anyone know if Mrs Bennett and Mrs Giles still teach geography at Woodhouse?

No, it's Ms Stanton and Ms Lewis now
Reply 991
Original post by DylanLJG
No, it's Ms Stanton and Ms Lewis now

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. (I'm sure the new people are very good, it squashes my memories!- I appreciate that makes no sense.)
Reply 992
1000ths reply :biggrin: (cause first post doesn't count)
n Woodhouse is a great coll. loving it, recommend it to anyone that is willing to put the work in
Reply 993
Hey everyone, can anyone doing computing at woodhouse tell me what programming language you use? Thanks
Reply 994
Original post by kake55
Hey everyone, can anyone doing computing at woodhouse tell me what programming language you use? Thanks

Anyone?
Reply 995
bump, anyone know the answer to my above question? :tongue:
Reply 996
I think its a bit late to apply?

You can always just call them and ask or email them
Reply 997
I've already had my interview, It's just that I forgot to ask and there is no mention of it anywhere on their website.
Reply 998
Well the exam board they use is AQA so maybe you can search on the AQA website?
Reply 999
AQA allows a choice of:
Pascal, VB.6, VB.Net, Python, Java

Hence the question, I've already started learning some languages but want to know which one to focus on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending