The Student Room Group

Unpopular Music Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Dubstep is good. Judging by comments here that is more unpopular than saying it's bad.

On the other hand brostep which most people think is dubstep........is ****!
Reply 21
Original post by Betacra
Only heard 'Once Upon the Cross' by Deicide, what else is good?

Good song, try Homage for Satan or Scars of the Crucifix (also my favourite album of theirs). :colone:

Original post by Betacra
True words to be fair, although The Mars Volta use a bit of random autotune and it sounds cool because it's a little unconventional.

I'll accept that, but not the Rebecca Black generation of music. :mad:
Reply 22
Cheers to whoever +repped me :biggrin:

Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Deicide and CC are awesome

...and amen to that. :colone:
Original post by Betacra
Only heard 'Once Upon the Cross' by Deicide, what else is good?

True words to be fair, although The Mars Volta use a bit of random autotune and it sounds cool because it's a little unconventional.

i like deicide, legion and serpents of the light best.
Reply 24
Rap music makes so much more sense than everything else. All other music is filled with brainless lyrics that make no sense and are just utter bull****.
Original post by Kaeseia
Cheers to whoever +repped me :biggrin:

...and amen to that. :colone:

was me I think. What other DM do you like?
Reply 26
Original post by Miryo
Rap music makes so much more sense than everything else. All other music is filled with brainless lyrics that make no sense and are just utter bull****.

Haha, hilarious.

EDIT: Yes, I negged you, try not to make such ridiculously closed-minded comments.
(edited 12 years ago)
With Epicus, Doomicus, Metallicus as you're profile picture I can't tell if you are being sarcastic?

You're clearly one of the fans I was pointing out in my earlier opinion.
Original post by The_master616
You're clearly one of the fans I was pointing out in my earlier opinion.

Well I agree that some heavy metal is overrated, and I am not any of the things you described.
Reply 29
was me I think. What other DM do you like?

You think? :tongue: Cheers :smile:

Hmmm, got a soft spot for Arch Enemy :love:
Kataklysm, Nile, Soilwork
but I've been getting more into black metal recently :colone:
Reply 30
Noel Gallagher and Jack White are two of the most important artists of the past 25 years.
I think Bruno Mars is terrible. His voice isn't that bad but his songs are only successful because they capatalise on the idea that many teenage girls are uncomfortable with who they are. Just The Way You Are is also an irritating song - if it had've been sung by someone who isn't good looking, most people wouldn't give a damn about it because a lot of people only accept the compliment if it's from someone good-looking. Yes, the opinion that a singer's largely successful because of their looks isn't that unpopular, but Bruno Mars is easily one of the worst offenders.
Reply 32
Original post by Betacra
Haha, hilarious.

EDIT: Yes, I negged you, try not to make such ridiculously closed-minded comments.

I was being serious, Hip hop/rap apart from Young Money and some other FEW idiots talk about way better stuff that other ****ty music these days.
Adele is terrible, the sound of her voice makes me want to self-harm.

The Smiths have a fantastic sound. But Morrissey as a person is a bit of a douche.

Dubstep sounds absolutely woeful, it is utter rubbish.

Iron Maiden are the finest and greatest heavy metal band to grace the rock world. You simply can't deny their legacy, influence and just the fact that they are legendary

Simply Red are cool
Original post by alexlduffy
I think Bruno Mars is terrible. His voice isn't that bad but his songs are only successful because they capatalise on the idea that many teenage girls are uncomfortable with who they are. Just The Way You Are is also an irritating song - if it had've been sung by someone who isn't good looking, most people wouldn't give a damn about it because a lot of people only accept the compliment if it's from someone good-looking. Yes, the opinion that a singer's largely successful because of their looks isn't that unpopular, but Bruno Mars is easily one of the worst offenders.

You're totally right. Bruno Mars does just play on the insecurities of teenage girls, and they love and idolise him for it. Talent wise he ain't nothing special; mediocre at his very best
Reply 35
Original post by Miryo
I was being serious, Hip hop/rap apart from Young Money and some other FEW idiots talk about way better stuff that other ****ty music these days.

I never said you weren't being serious, I fully believe you're serious.

I'm intrigued to know what you've actually heard apart from rap and top 40 nonsense. Do you listen to metal etc etc...

Also I know there's rappers out there with good lyrics, unfortunately the terrible ones give the genre an awful name.

As far as I'm concerned metal probably has some of the most diverse lyrical themes when you completely span the genre.
Dubstep sounds worse than nails scraping a blackboard
I hate the majority of dubstep... it all sounds near enough the same.
Original post by Trailblazer
You're totally right. Bruno Mars does just play on the insecurities of teenage girls, and they love and idolise him for it. Talent wise he ain't nothing special; mediocre at his very best

Now that I think about it, One Direction might be worse for that. Mainly because I think Bruno has a better singing voice than anyone in One Direction. Not sure though.

Another unpopular opinion, this one's probably a lot more unpopular - I think Nicola Roberts' solo album is excellent. Granted, she probably might have done better if her first single had've been Gladiator or something, but her album is overall great. I also think that currently, she's quite attractive.
Kill oasis, u2, coldplay and snow patrol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest