The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick University English Literature Q300 Offers Thread 2012

This is a thread for English applicants to the University of Warwick (2012 entry) to see who has an offer for the course. This has been started after the first round of interviews (when I had an interview) but before the second round. Please give as much detail as possible (i.e. GCSE profile, A2 predictions, other offers etc.)
Reply 1
I have just received an offer of AAA. good news!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Tomzta12
I have just received an offer of AAA. good news!

Congratulations!! :smile: I had an interview on the 27th Jan- same day as you? I was wondering (if this is the right place to ask :s-smilie:), how did you get your offer? Did they post you anything, or email? Or did it just come up on Track? I wasn't expecting anything until after february, cause aren't they still interviewing, late feb? Keeping my fingers crossed.
Reply 3
Original post by Quinford
Congratulations!! :smile: I had an interview on the 27th Jan- same day as you? I was wondering (if this is the right place to ask :s-smilie:), how did you get your offer? Did they post you anything, or email? Or did it just come up on Track? I wasn't expecting anything until after february, cause aren't they still interviewing, late feb? Keeping my fingers crossed.

thank you, i had an interview on that day at 10.40 i think. I got an email from track first, then about 4 hours later an email from the department. yea, there's another day of interviews late feb. good luck
Reply 4
still haven't heard from the university of warwick for english lang and lit...is this a worrying sign considering the second round of interviews is next week?? i got my other 4 offers at least 2 months ago so im a bit pessimistic about getting warwick now since they haven't replied to me! :frown:
I have my interview next Friday, does anyone have any tips or advice regarding the interviews? I don't have a clue what to expect and can't remember feeling this nervous- thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by The French Open
I have my interview next Friday, does anyone have any tips or advice regarding the interviews? I don't have a clue what to expect and can't remember feeling this nervous- thanks!

my interview was with prof. bates, who was so nice. i was one of a few people who didn't have an extract to read beforehand, but most people did. I found the interview incredibly informal, with just one interviewer and it lasted less than 15 minutes.

any other questions?
my interview was with prof. bates, who was so nice. i was one of a few people who didn't have an extract to read beforehand, but most people did. I found the interview incredibly informal, with just one interviewer and it lasted less than 15 minutes.

any other questions?

Thanks! That puts my mind at ease a little bit. Just one more if you don't mind- was it all focused around your personal statement?
Reply 8
Hey! I've got an interview for English Lit on the coming Friday. What do I wear?!?! (this probably shouldn't be my biggest concern, but it's definitely concerning me!)
Reply 9
Original post by pellejema
Hey! I've got an interview for English Lit on the coming Friday. What do I wear?!?! (this probably shouldn't be my biggest concern, but it's definitely concerning me!)

I would honestly go with what you're most comfortable in. There was a pretty wide range of stuff being worn when I went for interview and I didn't detect any censure or disapproval from either the staff or the other applicants. And you're going to feel so much more comfortable if you just wear things you really like and that make you feel good. But if I was to be prescriptive- I'd say not to go too fashion-y,or scruffy; you know; simple and inoffensive but your style. :smile:

On the subject of offers... Got an offer for AAA. Woo hoo! So thrilled, I really wanted to go, and now (all being well) I can!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Congrats to all who received offers! On an anticlimatic decline awaiting my reply...
Reply 11
Original post by pellejema

really don't worry about that! i wore jeans, doc martens and a checked shirt and got an offer :P you'll be fine!
Reply 12
Original post by The French Open
Thanks! That puts my mind at ease a little bit. Just one more if you don't mind- was it all focused around your personal statement?

It was all focussed on my personal statement. but plenty of other applicants had a text to read beforehand. i presume it's the luck of the draw...
Hey all, am completing my A2 this June, and am having a little dilemma about choosing novels to compare and contrast. Would love for some advice!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1951260&p=36812849#post36812849
This is a thread for English applicants to the University of Warwick (2012 entry) to see who has an offer for the course. This has been started after the first round of interviews (when I had an interview) but before the second round. Please give as much detail as possible (i.e. GCSE profile, A2 predictions, other offers etc.)

Hello!

I've just made up my mind and Warwick's gonna be the one.
OP are you definitely going?

Who else has offers?
Reply 15
Original post by forsaken_earth
Hello!

I've just made up my mind and Warwick's gonna be the one.
OP are you definitely going?

Who else has offers?

yea, it's now my firm. although i'm doing a2 level biology and i'm predicted a C. so i'm on for A* A* C. I need to revise my arse off in order to get the place. good luck to you
Reply 16
I have an invite for the 22nd feb for an interview.
and im a bit nervous about what to expect, and if i need to have some deep insightful literary comments up my sleeve, or if its just a general chit chat about why you like the course?
Reply 17
And just realised this was 2012 entry and not 2013, sorry guys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending