Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by jack0893
I've also applied to the same course and haven't received a decision yet. Don't worry too much about it, they have until the end of March to reply, so they could just be taking the full time they are allowed to consider applications.

Hope you get an offer soon

Hi thanks you too, what grades are you applying with e.g A-Levels or Btec and just that i really want to get in :biggrin:. what other universities have you applied at (received offers at)?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by JordanS94
You might get the sympathy vote :wink: they wont forget you :smile:

Original post by Ladyliesel
At least you've made an impression! They'll remember you over other applicants, think of it that way. ^_^

Haha, thanks. :smile: It was possibly the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me in a while though.
Oh well, I have an offer anyway so I'm pretty pleased. :biggrin:
Anyone applied for psychology in education? I've got an offer for Psychology at Lancaster but still waiting to hear back from Psychology in Education! REALLY like the sound of this course/department!!
Reply 843
Original post by benpeyton
Hi thanks you too, what grades are you applying with e.g A-Levels or Btec and just that i really want to get in :biggrin:. what other universities have you applied at (received offers at)?

My UCAS stated that I was predicted ABC & Distinction. Have received offers at Southampton (AAB), Essex (ABB), Oxford Brookes (BBB) & Plymouth (260 UCAS pts.). Bit of a mixed bag of unis I know. Only waiting for Lancaster now but they are taking an age to reply, seeing as I applied on 25-November :frown: Hopefully it will be soon. Is Lancaster the only one you're waiting for as well?
Reply 844
Original post by jack0893
My UCAS stated that I was predicted ABC & Distinction. Have received offers at Southampton (AAB), Essex (ABB), Oxford Brookes (BBB) & Plymouth (260 UCAS pts.). Bit of a mixed bag of unis I know. Only waiting for Lancaster now but they are taking an age to reply, seeing as I applied on 25-November :frown: Hopefully it will be soon. Is Lancaster the only one you're waiting for as well?

I applied on 10 Dec at edge hil, Uclan, Kent, York and Lancaste I mixed mine too. I have received offers from just edge hill(280 ucas points) and Kent (AAB). Still waiting for offers from the rest. Not fussed about the others just really wanna go to Lancaster but I'm gona put edge hill as my insurance as I went the other day and really liked it. Where would u like to go if you got the grades? Which uni's did you like ?
Anyone applying to do Music at Lancaster? :]
Reply 846
Original post by Magickal
Got an invitation to an informal open day for Biological Sciences with Study Abroad :biggrin:

Hi there I didn't notice you on the applicants stalking page.

You have an offer for Biology with study abroad?
Reply 847
Original post by benpeyton
I applied on 10 Dec at edge hil, Uclan, Kent, York and Lancaste I mixed mine too. I have received offers from just edge hill(280 ucas points) and Kent (AAB). Still waiting for offers from the rest. Not fussed about the others just really wanna go to Lancaster but I'm gona put edge hill as my insurance as I went the other day and really liked it. Where would u like to go if you got the grades? Which uni's did you like ?

Would like to go to Southampton if I get the right grades. Haven't been to see any of them yet but I might arrange to go on a few of my visit days, as I wouldn't like to just turn up on the start date and move in like some people are planning to do
Got my conditions on UCAS so it is now official I have been made a conditional :biggrin:
Maths and Statistics (Study Abroad)? Any one else applied for this?
Thank you very much for your information. I am going to do an MA Discourse Studies there
Politics with International Relations anyone??
Reply 851
Anyone else going to the open day/informal interview for Physics on 23rd February?
Reply 852
Original post by perthgirl
Politics with International Relations anyone??

Me! I already have an offer though, but for now I am thinking of putting Lancaster as my insurance. Haven't really decided on that as I am still waiting on more universities!
I'm going to Lancaster too! i got an unconditional for ppe :smile:
I do not know anyone there, would like to make friends before i go
Anyone heading to the LUMS open day this Saturday (25th)? Really looking forward to it.
Reply 855
Offer for Film studies and Philosophy :smile: good luck for those who are waiting.
Reply 856
Original post by Vistlair
Heyy, defo gonna be firming Lancaster, I applied for English Literature and Creative Writing and I went to the open day last wednesday and the University looked great! :smile:

AAA offer though... I'm hoping I can get that, but how leniant do you think they'll be if I mess up on one of exams? Like I got AAC at AS last year and even though I don't think I'll do as badly as a C this year, it's perfectly possible that I end up with a B... D:

When I visited Lancaster they told me that last year they didn't compromise on any applicants :frown: this was a huge demotivator but I applied aniway coz I though it was worth the risk :smile: not heard back yet but hopefully I wil :smile:
Original post by TLK
Anyone else going to the open day/informal interview for Physics on 23rd February?

I'm a first year physicist. I may see you at some point. Have fun tomorrow.
Reply 858
Original post by North Irelandman
Anyone heading to the LUMS open day this Saturday (25th)? Really looking forward to it.

No, but I might wander round the Management School for a bit :biggrin: Any questions about it, just quote!
Original post by villagegirl
Anyone applied for psychology in education? I've got an offer for Psychology at Lancaster but still waiting to hear back from Psychology in Education! REALLY like the sound of this course/department!!

Funny story. I applied to this course and had an offer really quickly, and since then selected it as my firm.
Last night, I had an email to say they are no longer running the course.
I am basically ****ed.

Quick Reply