The Student Room Group

Is there any point in a girl having a nice body if her face looks bad...

Ok so Im getting towards my late twenties, never had a bf and don't have an attractive face simply put. Ive been called ugly most of my life and a lot of guys blank me so ive never had any male friends. Id say its not just my looks its also cause im a private person and dont go to parties (mainly because ive no one to go with) so im not increasing my chances of meeting people. Its not a confidence issue because ive always been hapy with my face and thought i looked fine but others dont see that. Even my parents have put me down my dad has said stuff like he was nicer looking than me when he was a lad. When my mum replied to him 'you wernt that bloody nice' he aid 'no im not saying i was nice but I was nicer than her'.

This was a series conversation lol and i said nothing to provoke it. I had a word with my mum about it after and she got annoyed and said 'dont be daft, you are not astonishingly beautiful but you are not unattractive either, you are about average'. Im into sports etc so have always been toned, had the flat stomach etc and my main motivation to stay this way is so i can maybe look nice. But then i think whats the point if i dont have a nice face. I was drawn into taking part in some facial attractiveness test at college and most people gave me 3's and 4's, the other girls were getting 7's and 8's i got the lowest in the year. Ive never had a guy approach me and when i approach them i get blanked!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well it makes up for the face so yeah. your parent sound like turds
Reply 2
Original post by Syn22
well it makes up for the face so yeah. your parent sound like turds

Do you think she should have lied and said im attractive?
You dad is d**k for saying anything along those lines. You've given yourself the best advice possible really...giet out more, give yourself oppurtunities to meet guys. Attraction is subjective to atleast a moderate degree.
You sound like you have had to put up with a lot of crap off people which is nasty and must be quite hurtful. It is always best to have a nicer body so go for toned but don't spend ages on it or get to worked up about it. As long as a girl is slim most guys won't care.
Reply 5
Personality aside...
Some guys wont date girls if they are ugly even if she has a body to die for.

You can easily get a boyfriend though if you have a toned slim body. Its all about how you present yourself, do you dress feminine? ie mini bodycon dresses, holdup stockings (tops hidden under the dress), heels, a light amount of makeup, style your hair, maybe get a fake tan if your skin is quite pale.

Ive seen loads of ugly chubby slaggy women pulling guys who arnt even drunk, so if you are classy somewhat with a toned body, seriously you can pull guys. A lot of men go out just to get laid for the night, so try flirt with who you can and then go from there.

You have a toned body, style yourself so you show off your tone in figure hugging mini dresses, show some cleavage and always show off your legs. Its all about sex appeal in the end, not how young girls will see you as a slut, just dress elegantly rather than cheap/tarty. Then goto bars/clubs by yourself if you have to.
Yes, who is more attractive, a girl with a plain face and nice body or a girl with a plain face and unattractive body?

And also, I don't understand why people say it's so hard for unattractive people to have a relationship, the majority of people are either average looking, or slightly unattractive, there are tonnes of average/plain looking guys out there just looking for a similarly attractive girl.

Unless they are tools and have high expectations.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think she should have lied and said im attractive?

They shouldn't have said anything tbh :rolleyes: They sound like awful people with obviously no consideration for you.
Reply 8
Original post by Jessica20
Personality aside...

You can easily get a boyfriend though if you have a toned slim body. Its all about how you present yourself, do you dress feminine? ie mini bodycon dresses, holdup stockings (tops hidden under the dress), heels, a light amount of makeup, style your hair, maybe get a fake tan if your skin is quite pale.

Ive seen loads of ugly chubby slaggy women pulling guys who arnt even drunk, so if you are classy somewhat with a toned body, seriously you can pull guys. A lot of men go out just to get laid for the night, so try flirt with who you can and then go from there.

You have a toned body, style yourself so you show off your tone in figure hugging mini dresses, show some cleavage and always show off your legs. Its all about sex appeal in the end, not how young girls will see you as a slut, just dress elegantly rather than cheap/tarty. Then goto bars/clubs by yourself if you have to.

Seriously? :lolwut:
I doubt you're as unattractive as people have told you you are.
Get some piccys up! :smile:

Confidence is the key to being attractive, so long as you're not overly confident! :tongue:
And yes a good body is better than a bad body!
Personality aside...

:lolwut: Just no.

What you've described is not elegant or classy, it sounds cheap and nasty.

Loosely translated as:
"Make yourself orange, show off every asset you have and wrap your legs around any man that will take you, it's fine, he'll just be using you for sex but who cares? flirt with anyone who willingly gives you attention as well. It's fine, you're simply an object for men to use."

Showing off a bit of flesh is fine, having a bit of cleavage or your legs out. But to tell someone they need to give off the 'sex appeal' to be noticed is so wrong. You'll be giving this girl entirely the wrong idea.
OP you do not need to dye your body orange, wear make-up and figure hugging dresses to be noticed.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Sometimes some attention/sex is better than nadda - we must try to be empathetic/objective and not apply our own standards to these situations

Just imagine a completely sexless life many years after one's matured sexually - methinks most people would try anything once to change that up!

Understated efforts to improve presentation are the way to go where most lasses are concerned but I see some OTT (fakery) girls and I actually think *yeah, kinda understand why she's done that* :s-smilie:

Well you've taken my comment to the extreme, obviously a sexless world could not exist, as there would be no reproduction and evetually the world would die out.
But what I'm saying is there is no reason for a young girl to feel the need to exploit her figure to be noticed. I'm all for "got it flaunt it." But the user who I originally quoted made it seem as though the OP needs to sleep with anyone who will take her and dye her skin orange etc?
I love dressing up and wearing my heels and as many have previously pointed out to me (from my photos) I'm not exactly some sort of Nun.
But I do not think anybody should be made to feel they have to dress/act a certain way to find a partner, because that is wrong. :sigh:
Original post by Foo.mp3
You've misconstrued my comment - her world has remained sexless

Sure there is, a desire for sexual congress that is otherwise not forthcoming :smile:

Sorry but it's not necessarily wrong where some fuglies (with limited time/capacity for snaring a mate) are concerned :frown:

I guess it's just a differ of opinions.
either way I do not think OP should ever need to exploit her body just to find a relationship.
It depends, if she genuinely just wants a sexual relationship with no emotions attached then fair enough. but if she wants any respect or someone to genuinely care about her, then she shouldn't feel the need to present herself in a way just to make others attracted to her.
Reply 13
tumblr_l4wtgsXDo51qzxzwwo1_500.jpg
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
I agree. Unfortunately the way the world is, and the emphasis we men place upon looks/'assets', if she wants others to be attracted her best bet is to up her sex appeal..

Yes, but not to the extent the original user I quoted was suggesting.
A little make-up, a bit of leg or cleavage and perhaps doing something with her hair.
but forcing out all of her flesh, smothering on fake tan, throwing herself at any man who offers and basically making herself 'easy' is not the way to go about it.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Aye, you don't want overkill but somewhere in between is the way to go about it tbh

If you catch a half decent looking lad who's clearly looking round the room/getting knocked back towards the end of the night at a club and you're patently 'up for it' in the way you're presented/act (but not offensively so), you're more likely to get the 'ahh why not' lastminute.com shag than if you're dressed more 'classy' and minding your own off in a corner somewhere..

I guess it depends what sort of guy your looking for and what his erm... shall we say standards are like?

Either way, I stand by my opinion, looking attractive is the way to go about it, looking like a cheap whore you'd find on a street corner isn't exactly the best advice for the OP.
Reply 16
Vikki, how I suggested to dress looks absolutely no different to most other women on a good night out in the town, I dress that way and look far more classy/elegant than at least half of everyone else and I'm always getting hit on by good looking guys so I know I'm doing great.

I don't think you've been out a lot, there's a lot of women who dress kind of scruffy, tarty, pastes a load of make up, has a deep fake horrible tan, wearing heels they just look horrid and uncomfortable walking in with bodycon dresses/skirts bulging through some flab. And you think my style is cheap!? lol youve been to one too many student night clubs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Personality aside...

I'm not agreeing with you, but what you've said I've witnessed works! I went out last week, and the amount of girls in teeny tiny dresses/skirts (just about covering their fufu) were getting 'hit' on by men (I wonder why? :rolleyes:). Yes dressing in the manner you've suggested will certainly draw attention to you, but the majority of fellas might not have the same thinking cap on, ie girl wants bf, boy wants casual ONS!

With regards to the OPs Q - I've had the same sort of thing said to me; I dance therefore I'm very slim and healthy. Now and again I get remarks of ''Shame the face doesnt make the body'', which honestly is an ultimate blow and knock to self confidence. I'll be honest, it has dented my confidence a lot, but 2bh I try not to let it rule me too much and just carry on as normal. Next week I reach the grand ol age of 26 and if I am honest, I am starting to worry a lil bit. But hey . .i'm just going to try and suss out things and let nature do its thing.

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Vikki, how I suggested to dress looks absolutely no different to most other women on a good night out in the town, I dress that way and look far more classy/elegant than at least half of everyone else and I'm always getting hit on by good looking guys so I know I'm doing great.

I don't think you've been out a lot, there's a lot of women who dress kind of scruffy, tarty, pastes a load of make up, has a deep fake horrible tan, wearing heels they just look horrid and uncomfortable walking in with bodycon dresses/skirts bulging through some flab. And you think my style is cheap!? lol youve been to one too many student night clubs.

:rofl: I'm a true party girl, wait until you're a little older and you'll perhaps realise what 'partying' really is. Now shush.
your parents are asses.At the end of the day honey you just have to do you.I don't even think you are as unattractive as you think you are.Maybe its more of a confidence issue that holding you back??Although you say your happy with yourself, maybe this isn't transpiring to other people.Just be yourself, the right one will come along.Look i never used to be a stunner, I can assure you around 14-15 I wasn't anything special.Now I'm 18 I can say i have grown into my looks alot more and now I get quite alot of attention. I'm not bragging,but give yourself time, things start to look up when you least expect it.I used to be in the same situation you were in, now I can't handle it.Honestly you got to give yourself time but if your going to change yourself,do it for boys.peace:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending