The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3120
Original post by lemon curry?!
Hi - I know you posted this a while ago but I just wondered how you found CBT?
I'm thinking of asking my counsellor if we can start some work on it.
My opinion at the moment is that I need to stop talking and thinking about things, constantly dredging up the past and dwelling on the negatives, and put some practical strategies into place so that I can control the negative thoughts. Does that sound like something I could achieve with CBT?
Thanks.

Hiya, yesterday was my first time meeting the therapist, so we didn't actually do anything; it was just a getting to know you session and we decided we're going to focus more on EMDR to start with. But what you said sounds exactly like what CBT is designed to do so I would definitely discuss it with your counsellor :smile:
I have my first meeting with a psychiatric nurse in a few hours... Ergh, I don't want to go. I don't think I need to!

Spoiler

Rainbow knee socks are the way forward today :yep: How is everyone?
Reply 3123
Original post by xbethany
I have my first meeting with a psychiatric nurse in a few hours... Ergh, I don't want to go. I don't think I need to!

why don't you think you need it?
Original post by Sultana
why don't you think you need it?

Because I don't even cut that often. I don't even see it as an issue.
God this whole "getting help" thing has just got out of hand, I wish I'd never have bothered now.
Reply 3125
Original post by xbethany
Because I don't even cut that often. I don't even see it as an issue.
God this whole "getting help" thing has just got out of hand, I wish I'd never have bothered now.

I know that it can seem very overwhelming having to talk to so many people and be honest with them, and it can seem like the stress of it is only making things worse. Sometimes I feel like just running away from everyone and disappearing. But they are only trying to help and it will be worth it. Its important we keep trying no matter how hard it seems right now.

I don't know anything about what your going through right now, but any form of SH is always an issue. You deserve to feel better so please keep trying :hugs:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yesterday I decided just to give into it. Didn't bother trying to do work, stayed in bed most of the day and in the end I felt better because I hadn't failed to do anything I set out to do because there was nothing.

Today I really need to do work on my dissertation but my head feels like its underwater and I'm so tired despite sleeping for 12 hours. I'm sure its the citalopram that makes me feel so drowsy all the time but that doesn't really help make me feel motivated to do work knowing that.

Not really posting anything productive here, just needed a whinge as I can't do it in real life.
Reply 3127
Seeing GP in a bit. 50:50 on whether or not I'll be hospitalised.

Not even sure what I'd prefer at the moment, I just want to feel well again.
Original post by Nut.

In that case just be honest and let them decide what to do. :hugs:
Original post by Nut.

Good luck, keep us updated!

-------------------------------

Been referred back to the EIS for a second assessment. Telling the psychologist 'no but they are spying on me' probably wasn't the best thing :wink:
I have a crying girl in my bedroom and I don't know what to do :frown:
Reply 3131
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I have a crying girl in my bedroom and I don't know what to do :frown:

Cuddles? Listenning? Sorry, that's not that helpful.

Have been crying in the bath after not sleeping again. I could do with cuddles right now. :colondollar:

My housemates are fine with me getting a hamster :biggrin: Just have to convince the landlord now... It sounds stupid, but that's the thought that's keeping me going at the moment! Thanks for putting it back in my mind the other day, reading how your animals were helping you out was great x
Reply 3132
Original post by Noodlzzz
Good luck, keep us updated!
Thanks
Original post by Sabertooth
In that case just be honest and let them decide what to do. :hugs:

I was as honest with them as I could be. Crisis team are coming out to see me later on today to see what they can do.

Hate waiting. I've packed my stuff in just in case.
Original post by SeaJay
Cuddles? Listenning? Sorry, that's not that helpful.

Have been crying in the bath after not sleeping again. I could do with cuddles right now. :colondollar:

My housemates are fine with me getting a hamster :biggrin: Just have to convince the landlord now... It sounds stupid, but that's the thought that's keeping me going at the moment! Thanks for putting it back in my mind the other day, reading how your animals were helping you out was great x

She was struggling with sleep so I don't think that helped. She left smiling though so I feel a little better. Feelings just make me awkward :redface:

That's awesome! Hope they bring you loads of entertainment. My two gerbils are currently sleeping one on top of the other. They're just like a small breathing ball at the moment. Last night they were fighting a little - one wanted a tunnel in one place and the other one kept filling it back in so they were sleeping on different floors! And my grouchbum hamster just appeared to glare at me because I woke him up while moving his cage. Gave him a yoghurt drop and he slumped back to bed. They're definitely worth having to clean them out. Quick tip: get yourself a hamster potty! It'll save you a world of faffing and you just clean that out every day or so and you can get away with not cleaning the full cage as frequently.
Reply 3134
I :heart: citalopram. For the first time in a long time, I finally have some perspective. And a really dry mouth. But mostly perspective.
Original post by Anonymous
Absolute bitch that sometimes the only thing that keeps you going through a day is "Oh I'll get smashed" or "Oh I'll get high" at the end of the day. But if it works it works, gotta thank the stuff :! :P

This so many, many times. Well I don't do drugs so the former. It's something to look forward to, sad as it sounds.
Reply 3136
Ok I need some advice please

Spoiler for SH
seriously big spoiler

Spoiler

Think the asperger assessment people called me today. Got a call from a private number, but the woman didn't hear me and just said hello a few times then hung up. Didn't think my voice was that quiet. :sigh:
Reply 3138
Original post by Sultana

Spoiler for SH
seriously big spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3139
Original post by Sultana

Spoiler for SH