The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Anyone else going to Essex Uni (Southend)

Hi folks! New to this and still trying to figure out how to use it. The main purpose for me coming on here is to find out if there is anybody who will be looking to share with someone in Southend? I am domesticated i can assure you! lol!
Reply 1
Hi, I'm going to Southend Uni, but not sure whether or not to live there. I only live half an hour away, but would the cost of train fares be to much? Hmmmm, I'm not sure.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by JadeLou95
Hi, I'm going to Southend Uni, but not sure whether or not to live there. I only live half an hour away, but would the cost of train fares be to much? Hmmmm, I'm not sure.

You dont drive then no? depends what line if its c2c or liverpool street.. but gonna be like 7/8pound a day ... wouldnt be worth living in southenddd lol where you from?
Reply 3
Original post by smithyinthehouse
You dont drive then no? depends what line if its c2c or liverpool street.. but gonna be like 7/8pound a day ... wouldnt be worth living in southenddd lol where you from?

No, I dont drive yet. Yeah I suppose so! I live in Chelmsford at the moment, so wouldnt be a long journey. Are you looking forward to living in southend?
No, I dont drive yet. Yeah I suppose so! I live in Chelmsford at the moment, so wouldnt be a long journey. Are you looking forward to living in southend?

Chelmsford, whats evoke like? aint been their yet..lol i live in benfleet.. went essex uni for 1 year (southend campus) applying to go greenwich though this year, (changing course)..what you looking to study..Southends alrite though..colchester campus is probz way better.
What trains run from chelsmford to southend ? lol
Reply 6
Hi is anyone else auditioning for the acting and stage combat course this month?
Reply 7
Chelmsford, whats evoke like? aint been their yet..lol i live in benfleet.. went essex uni for 1 year (southend campus) applying to go greenwich though this year, (changing course)..what you looking to study..Southends alrite though..colchester campus is probz way better.

well I haven't been to evoke yet, I'm not eighteen for a few months. But there are a few other clubs in town that aren't bad :P
ah right, good luck! I'm going to study journalism, what about you?
well I haven't been to evoke yet, I'm not eighteen for a few months. But there are a few other clubs in town that aren't bad :P
ah right, good luck! I'm going to study journalism, what about you?

lol your not even 18 holy macreal, chelmsford is ite but full of sooo many sheep seriously, all dress and look the same with their hair piled with kilos of gel, im looking to study business for information technology. damn i miss bein 18
Reply 9
I'm also thinking of going to Southend! Greetings from Norway btw. Not applying this year though. Trying to find other essex students who can give me other information about the uni. Heard Colchester is great, but not so much about Southend... Does anybody know if it is worth going to Southend?
im going to essex uni southend campus in september 2013 :biggrin: hoping to stay in accomodation as i live 75 miles away :P
If your studying a health degree or an 'accredited' degree then you might enjoy this place. Its acting course is also quite comprehensive. If you want to study business however then run. Run as far and fast as you can.
Reply 12
Hi guys, anyone got an interview for Mental Health Nursing in Essex on May 16th?? x
Reply 13
What trains run from chelsmford to southend ? lol

Greater Anglia. From Chelmsford take the train to London Liverpool St and get off at Shenfield and from Shenfield, take the train to Southend Victoria.

-Uni of Essex-Southend Campus student

Quick Reply