The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Anyone else get jealous of celebrities?

These are just my thoughts. I know some others on TSR feel the same through previous threads so feel free to discuss.

On one hand, I always find myself creating hypothetical situations in my head, seeing all the cool stuff they get up to on Twitter etc. Seeing their influence and capabilities of making dreams come true just by chatting to them. Especially superstar singers like Adele, One Direction, The Wanted, Justin Bieber who tour the world, have millions of dedicated fans and get to do what they love. The vision of standing on the stage of the O2 or MSG is great. They have the freedom to catch a plane where and when they want. Me? 13 years in school, 4 years in University and the next half a century in work 9-5.

But then on the other hand you feel guilt because there are much worse off people. For instance I feel really strongly about terminally ill kids, and would love to start a charity helping them. But then as above, there are so much better off people.

I know it's not a healthy mindset but what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Life is unfair. Only losers get envious.
Become your own Celebrity - Do something you enjoy and use it..

Make a Clothing line..Become a Actor - Make your own fame.

Being Envious just gets you mad..

Keep it real and do something productive..

Business plan.
Reply 3
One Direction and The Wanted are not in the same category as Adele and dear I say it...Justin Bieber.

These days anyone can be a celebrity. The 'celebration' in celebrity has lost it's meaning. *Thinks of the cast of TOWIE and Jersey Shore* *shivers*
Must admit I get jealous. Especially when they are only famous for the way they look (Katie Price and Cheryl 'please feel sorry for me' Cole) or because they are related to someone famous (george Lamb, Alexandra Burke, Miquita Oliver). Also when they can get away with stuff (Kerry Katona). Also winds me up when they moan about not having the same freedoms as ordinary people (not all ordinary people can do what htey like when they like) and how hard they work.
Reply 5
lol.. bunch of mentally unhealthy losers.
not so much jealous of the fame they have (i don't think i would like to be famous) but of the freedom they have to do pretty much whatever they like and the fact they enjoy their job...

i don't get jealous in the sense i'm burning with jealousy... just like... if i could choose i would have that lifestyle.. it doesn't preoccupy me or anything. also think of what i could do to help others with that money...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DrunkenMaster
Must admit I get jealous. Especially when they are only famous for the way they look (Katie Price and Cheryl 'please feel sorry for me' Cole) or because they are related to someone famous (george Lamb, Alexandra Burke, Miquita Oliver). Also when they can get away with stuff (Kerry Katona). Also winds me up when they moan about not having the same freedoms as ordinary people (not all ordinary people can do what htey like when they like) and how hard they work.

who is alexandra burke related to? she's famous because she won x-factor?
OP, I don't think your mindset is particularly unhealthy, although you do perhaps show a lack of confidence in yourself. It's natural to admire others and I sometimes think, like you, "wow, wouldn't it be lovely to have enough money to go on a huge shopping spree, hop on a plane to the Maldives, or take a year off work to focus on my personal life" but then I also appreciate what I've got in comparison to other people. Sure, I'll always have to work damned hard and I might never get the opportunity to just drop everything and travel, like I've always wanted to, but at the same time I couldn't handle the stress of being followed by the press, being harshly criticised for a decision I've made or how I look, etc.
Reply 9
Original post by Bellissima
not so much jealous of the fame they have (i don't think i would like to be famous) but of the freedom they have to do pretty much whatever they like and the fact they enjoy their job...

if they enjoy their job, who the **** are you to stop them or say they cannot?
Reply 10
Original post by Rascacielos
OP, I don't think your mindset is particularly unhealthy, although you do perhaps show a lack of confidence in yourself. It's natural to admire others and I sometimes think, like you, "wow, wouldn't it be lovely to have enough money to go on a huge shopping spree, hop on a plane to the Maldives, or take a year off work to focus on my personal life" but then I also appreciate what I've got in comparison to other people. Sure, I'll always have to work damned hard and I might never get the opportunity to just drop everything and travel, like I've always wanted to, but at the same time I couldn't handle the stress of being followed by the press, being harshly criticised for a decision I've made or how I look, etc.

Loser. Do Justin Bieber or Kim Kardashian have to care if they're famous and you're not?
Original post by sharm_111
if they enjoy their job, who the **** are you to stop them or say they cannot?

lol what? :confused:
Reply 12
Why should these people give a **** about you, or if you don't enjoy your job? lol...
Reply 13
I wish I was as free to do what I want as they are but I wouldn't want to be in the public eye as much, would be a pain lol.
who is alexandra burke related to? she's famous because she won x-factor?

Well her mum's a professional singer who backed up Soul 2 Soul, the Specials. Also Alexandra appeared on other talent shows in the middle East
Original post by sharm_111
Why should these people give a **** about you, or if you don't enjoy your job? lol...

i don't know what you're going on about...
Original post by DrunkenMaster
Well her mum's a professional singer who backed up Soul 2 Soul, the Specials. Also Alexandra appeared on other talent shows in the middle East

oh really i didn't know... well she won x-factor that wasn't because of her mum she does have a pretty..... strong voice.
Reply 17
i don't know what you're going on about...

lol... I'm just stating my opinion. You all are losers who moan and whinge about some celebrities have things good and you don't. People who are envious should be locked in a dungeon or something.
Original post by Miracle Day

I know it's not a healthy mindset but what do you think?

If you want to be like them, who's going to be like you?
Reply 19
Worshipping celebs. Nice world we live in :nn:

Latest

Trending

Trending