The Student Room Group

Scottish Art Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rayray12310
congrats on ur interview, mine's on wednesday and even though ive had like 4 interviews now im so nervous and keep on rearranging my portfolio, are you takng everything that was in ur digital portfolio, i'm not sure some of the drawings i included will stand up to close scrutiny.

oooh good luck ! what course?

mine is totally unorganised atm! like all my college work is just way too much so i need to really get my best stuff out. most of my digital stuff was my sketchbook lol,
yeah im worried now :L
Original post by EilzMac
oooh good luck ! what course?

mine is totally unorganised atm! like all my college work is just way too much so i need to really get my best stuff out. most of my digital stuff was my sketchbook lol,
yeah im worried now :L

Same to you, fine art photography. I would really like to show them my most recent stuff but my sketchbook for that isnt at all presentable. Really nervous and then I can tell its going to be a horrible waiting game bc I doubt they've even given out all their interviews yet and I hear some aren't till mid march. :/
Reply 22
Does anyone know the deadline date for submitting full portfolio to Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art (Dundee Uni)? Having a tough time finding a date online..
Original post by Ailieo15
Does anyone know the deadline date for submitting full portfolio to Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art (Dundee Uni)? Having a tough time finding a date online..

I applied for Fine Art and I emailed them asking when they wanted a portfolio and they said they'd contact me back in due course, was pretty vague and I'm yet to get an email from them about it. Stressing! haha
Reply 24
Original post by burnamiracle
I applied for Fine Art and I emailed them asking when they wanted a portfolio and they said they'd contact me back in due course, was pretty vague and I'm yet to get an email from them about it. Stressing! haha

Ah ok thank you! My teacher told me there was a specific date each year and he was sort of worried that I didn't know this date ... but I thought they emailed you if they actually wanted to see your folio with the date so I presume that is the case :biggrin:
Reply 25
Same to you, fine art photography. I would really like to show them my most recent stuff but my sketchbook for that isnt at all presentable. Really nervous and then I can tell its going to be a horrible waiting game bc I doubt they've even given out all their interviews yet and I hear some aren't till mid march. :/

cool :smile: yea, im not so good at making my sketchbook presentable, its mostly very messy and some unfinished, quite worried that its not good enough.
aw yea, seems to only be a few depts who have given out interviews, ive applied for jewellery too.
Reply 26
I live in Denmark. I'm trying to keep calm thinking that maybe first they invite the UK students (even though it may not be true :biggrin:)
Reply 27
Original post by Senika
I live in Denmark. I'm trying to keep calm thinking that maybe first they invite the UK students (even though it may not be true :biggrin:)

haha, good thinking :smile: I might just adopt the same view...
Reply 28
Or they passed out after seeing my incredibly impressive portfolio and haven't regained consciousness for 3 months :biggrin:

This waiting drives me nuts. Oh look, a flamingo :flamingo:
Reply 29
got an interview for sculpture and environmental art at GSA in two weeks -my first one.
has anyone had any interviews for the fine art courses at GSA -what are they like?
terrified, pretty much
Reply 30
Congrats! I got an interview for Edinburgh today, my first interview too
Original post by kmorgan
got an interview for sculpture and environmental art at GSA in two weeks -my first one.
has anyone had any interviews for the fine art courses at GSA -what are they like?
terrified, pretty much

they are really friendly and informal asking the usual questions like why here and to talk about your work
Reply 32
Hello :smile:

I'm currently waiting on ECA for First Year Studies, kinda getting worried now as I haven't heard anything about an interview yet. My surname is R and I'm from the south of England - think that makes a difference?

Anyone else heard anything?

I'm so nervous, I can't focus on anything! :confused:
Congrats! I got an interview for Edinburgh today, my first interview too

Which course was this for?
Reply 34
Original post by cocacola123
Which course was this for?

I applied for both the BA Fine Art and the MA History of Art/Fine Art course. The interview counts for both of the courses! Have you applied?
Reply 35
they are really friendly and informal asking the usual questions like why here and to talk about your work

thank you, I'm really excited for it, actually:smile:
Reply 36
I applied for both the BA Fine Art and the MA History of Art/Fine Art course. The interview counts for both of the courses! Have you applied?

That's odd, I applied to the same (BA and MA) for edin and have been given two different dates for each for the portfolio day..?
hmm
Reply 37
Original post by HLR_1993
Hello :smile:

I'm currently waiting on ECA for First Year Studies, kinda getting worried now as I haven't heard anything about an interview yet. My surname is R and I'm from the south of England - think that makes a difference?

Anyone else heard anything?

I'm so nervous, I can't focus on anything! :confused:

I'm M and from London, and heard back today. I'm not sure if it's done alphabetically or just in the order that they come in, though. It's so stressful - have literally been refreshing my email every few minutes
good luck!
Reply 38
Original post by kmorgan
That's odd, I applied to the same (BA and MA) for edin and have been given two different dates for each for the portfolio day..?
hmm

Oh cool! (to you applying to same courses) Well I got the email for the BA interview then a couple hours later I got another email saying that it would count for both the courses.. maybe there is just a delay in you getting the other email
Reply 39
Oh cool! (to you applying to same courses) Well I got the email for the BA interview then a couple hours later I got another email saying that it would count for both the courses.. maybe there is just a delay in you getting the other email

Thanks a lot, have emailed them to be on the safe side.

Which is your preferred MA or BA?

Quick Reply