The Student Room Group

Uni is making me miserable

I know I'm supposed to be having the time of my life, and sometimes I've had really brilliant weekends or weeks and I've felt brilliant about my decision to come here.
I came to my Uni through clearing, different course, different area to what I originally planned.

Basically, I'm not doing very well in my course because I don't enjoy it. I can't imagine another two years of this.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
Reply 1
Original post by foxes-are-ginger
I know I'm supposed to be having the time of my life

Nope, plenty of depressed people, one girl tried to talk to me the other day and i blanked her, spent the rest of the bus journey fighting back tears from the look of her face, so its not only you.
Reply 2
Have you thought about changing the course within your university? It is often possible to do it without reapplying through UCAS. If so it would probably be a good ide to talk to people from your dept's administration. That's what I did after my first year and it was the right choice - I know that I would have been miserable had I continued the previous course. You can always drop out and start again in Sept, in another uni perhaps? Maybe try again with your first choice?
It's important to talk to people about how you feel. Your family, flatmates, tutors.. anyone who will listen. Because there are things you can do to try and enjoy things more, like join new societies, go out more if you don't already, manage your work load better.. and if you really don't like where you're studying, there's always the chance that you can get a transfer next year. But it's important that you think about why you're miserable, and whether moving uni would make it any better.

Is your subject right for you, even if the uni isn't? If so, then a transfer might be the way forward. Think about is it your course content you don't enjoy, or the way it's taught? What are the tutors like? Supportive?

Just some things to think about to help you think about how you really feel.
Original post by chrislpp
Nope, plenty of depressed people, one girl tried to talk to me the other day and i blanked her, spent the rest of the bus journey fighting back tears from the look of her face, so its not only you.

Entirely unrelated

but :console: anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending