The Student Room Group

Central Saint Martins Art Foundation Applicants 2012/2013

Thread for those applying to CSM Art Foundation this year.

Has anyone heard back from CSM yet? Offers or rejections? If so how many weeks ago was your portfolio review? What pathway did you choose?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by bananafox
Thread for those applying to CSM Art Foundation this year.

Has anyone heard back from CSM yet? Offers or rejections? If so how many weeks ago was your portfolio review? What pathway did you choose?

No haven't heard back from them yet. My portfolio was on 10th feb, when was yours? 3D and Architecture, what about you?
Also not heard back, had my review on the 10th and dianostic :smile:
Reply 3
My review was on the 6th :smile: and I chose diagnostic. Still haven't heard back either, how are you guys coping?
Reply 4
1st feb, not heard back either, applied for diagnostic. checking my email crazy amounts so nervous, how's everyone else feeling too?
Reply 5
My portfolio review for CSM is tomorrow, any advice from people who have already had theirs?

And I have my work already mounted on card, will they be really bothered by this?
Reply 6
(*review was on the 3rd, oops) I'm unbelievably nervous. Hate being in limbo. Where else have you applied?
Reply 7
Original post by tweezii
My portfolio review for CSM is tomorrow, any advice from people who have already had theirs?

And I have my work already mounted on card, will they be really bothered by this?

Good luck! Try and be punctual but don't worry too much if you're late because the groups are rotated and called again until 12. Just be calm and polite, all you do is leave your work out for them to look at :smile: What pathway have you applied for? Card's not ideal but it's your work they're interested in at the end of the day, don't think it will go against you. I just think they discourage it because it's heavy and not particularly necessary.
Reply 8
Ooh okay, thanks! :smile:

I've applied for the Graphic and Communication Design pathway.
Reply 9
No problem! I was tempted to choose graphics and communication but I decided to dabble a bit in everything first (if i get in.) Where else have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 10
Mines is tomorrow too, anyone in group J? I'm hoping it's not too awkward!
Reply 11
Original post by Zhin
Mines is tomorrow too, anyone in group J? I'm hoping it's not too awkward!

Mine was pretty awkward because our tutor guy asked us to open our portfolios and then he left us for what seemed like forever in an awkward silence, looking at each other's front pages. That didn't happen to my other friends applying though so I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: You just go in, lay your portfolio on a table, open it up and then check a hard copy of your application form, certificates etc. Good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 12
Original post by bananafox
(*review was on the 3rd, oops) I'm unbelievably nervous. Hate being in limbo. Where else have you applied?

good luck everyone today! mine was mega chilled, just a lot of stairs wooo haha.

Yo bananafox, i applied to leeds also. Was really lovely although heart set on csm. Have you applied anywhere else? wow your review seemed pretty complicated unlucks.

Anyone heard anything yet?!?!
Reply 13
Original post by cait_
good luck everyone today! mine was mega chilled, just a lot of stairs wooo haha.

Yo bananafox, i applied to leeds also. Was really lovely although heart set on csm. Have you applied anywhere else? wow your review seemed pretty complicated unlucks.

Anyone heard anything yet?!?!

Ah cool my friend goes to Leeds and she's loving it :smile: I haven't applied anywhere else.. risky move but I only want to study at CSM. Not sure what I'm going to do if I don't get in! Haha yeah it didn't help the situation but met some nice people.
I still haven't heard anything, have you? Everyone keep updated on any news! Fingers crossed!
Reply 14
Original post by cait_

INORITE! I practically had to heave my portfolio all the way up haha.
oh god guys this wait is to tense!! and to make it worse, csm keep emailing me with 10% off summer courses and random stuff like that...so i see "CENTRAL SAINT MARTINS" in my inbox and my insides flip a little!

my portfolio review was on the 1st feb. they really are taking their time! i went for fine art pathway (originally diagnostic but changed it on the day :s-smilie: )

good luck everyone!
Reply 16
Original post by justreadthebooks
oh god guys this wait is to tense!! and to make it worse, csm keep emailing me with 10% off summer courses and random stuff like that...so i see "CENTRAL SAINT MARTINS" in my inbox and my insides flip a little!

my portfolio review was on the 1st feb. they really are taking their time! i went for fine art pathway (originally diagnostic but changed it on the day :s-smilie: )

good luck everyone!

I know! They keep doing that to me too and everytime I see the letter C in my inbox I momentarily freak out. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer, good luck!
Reply 17
waiting is killing me
Reply 18
My review was on the 3rd and I went for fine art..It's such a long wait compared to others! I didn't apply anywhere else either so I'm super stressed out..
Reply 19
Also it felt like everyone had SO much more work than I did..

Quick Reply

Latest