The Student Room Group

Unpopular Food and Drink Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexandra's Box
DOWN WITH COKE! :mob:

Was wondering when the Pepsi/Coke thing would begin :tongue:

Original post by dani_1991
Cooked mushrooms are high on my fave food list (a lot of people dont like the slimy texture).

Yeah, I'm a mushroom fan.
Reply 21
I hate ice cream and chocolate (exception of white chocolate)
MARMITE!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

My friends hate it. It's one of those most beautiful things ever invented. :love:
Original post by OU Student
I love it too. Can't believe that people moan about fruit on a pizza - tomato is a fruit too.

intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit, common sense is knowing it goes better on pizza than in a fruit salad....
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Cheese is horrible.
Stir-fried broccoli is delicious (I'm yet to meet someone who shares my opinion).
Well-done steak is a tragedy.

Got to agree there. :love: Stir-fried brocolli. Mmmm.

Original post by chickenonsteroids
Apple juice should be banned. It's horrid

I hate apple juice. I hate it. I also hate pears. Eugh.

White chocolate is vile and doesn't deserve to be called white chocolate.

Banoffee pie is the worst idea ever.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Got to agree there. :love: Stir-fried brocolli. Mmmm.

I hate apple juice. I hate it. I also hate pears. Eugh.

White chocolate is vile and doesn't deserve to be called white chocolate.

For a second, I was about to say I LOVE YOU because you hate apple juice and like stir-fried broccoli.

BUT THEN YOU SAID THAT ABOUT BANOFFEE PIE.
D:
Raw tomatoes are horrible (cooked isn't much better).

Not generally a fan of cheese but it has its place (e.g. pizza) but generally I'm happy to go without otherwise.

Dr Pepper is awful.

Pork chops are the only bad form of pork.

And finally the most controversial:

Tea > coffee. :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
For a second, I was about to say I LOVE YOU because you hate apple juice and like stir-fried broccoli.

BUT THEN YOU SAID THAT ABOUT BANOFFEE PIE.
D:

I was going to say the same to you. And then you said that about well-done steaks. Especially after what my chemistry teacher told me today...I'd want to make sure any bacteria in my meat were well and truly slaughtered.
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Was wondering when the Pepsi/Coke thing would begin :tongue:

Yeah, I'm a mushroom fan.

It was only a matter of time...

And I like mushrooms too! especially in an omelette or as part of a fry-up... :drool:
Original post by RedDevilThing
Raw tomatoes are horrible (cooked isn't much better).

Not generally a fan of cheese but it has its place (e.g. pizza) but generally I'm happy to go without otherwise.

Dr Pepper is awful.

Pork chops are the only bad form of pork.

And finally the most controversial:

Tea > coffee. :colone:

Tea over coffee any day. :love: Although I'm a green tea fan. :ninja: Yeah, I said it.
Mild curries can be nice too. I see quite a lot of mild-curry-hate here on TSR.

Original post by Alexandra's Box
It was only a matter of time...

And I like mushrooms too! especially in an omelette or as part of a fry-up... :drool:

I haven't had a fry-up in ages. When I go to RAF bases, their breakfasts are gorgeous. :coma:

I'm in agreement with the banoffee pie. Not a massive toffee or banana fan, but they're ok on their own. Together, no.
Mild curries can be nice too. I see quite a lot of mild-curry-hate here on TSR.

I haven't had a fry-up in ages. When I go to RAF bases, their breakfasts are gorgeous. :coma:

I'm in agreement with the banoffee pie. Not a massive toffee or banana fan, but they're ok on their own. Together, no.

Really? But I love mild curries. Just because it doesn't massacre your taste buds, doesn't stop it tasting good. :love:

I don't mind toffee, and I can't stand bananas, never have been able to, but together they're abominable.
Cheese is horrible.
Stir-fried broccoli is delicious (I'm yet to meet someone who shares my opinion).
Well-done steak is a tragedy.

Well then, you will be pleased to know that I agree with you wholeheartedly. Stir-fried broccoli is one of the nicest dishes I've ever had!
Mc Donalds/ Burger King/ KFC etc taste horrible. I'm not a health nut or anything (lol). Genuinely think they taste awful. :puke:

Original post by noodles!
Ketchup is disgusting.

Agreed. *shudders*
Really? But I love mild curries. Just because it doesn't massacre your taste buds, doesn't stop it tasting good. :love:

I don't mind toffee, and I can't stand bananas, never have been able to, but together they're abominable.

My mum makes a great korma. I don't care if my mouth isn't on fire, it still tastes nice. Key word = taste, something you can't really do when you feel like someone's taken a flamethrower to your face. :tongue:

I can understand why people might like banoffee, but for me the components don't seem to work together at all.
Oh... also this:
I hate fried eggs. They are disgusting.
And banana sandwiches are nice... Don't judge me, kay?
Just because it doesn't massacre your taste buds, doesn't stop it tasting good. :love:

Key word = taste, something you can't really do when you feel like someone's taken a flamethrower to your face. :tongue:

Quoted for truth. I really don't like spicy food, it just feels like an assault on my senses rather than food that I can enjoy. Give me a korma over a vindaloo any day. :tongue:

Unfortunately, as a guy, it almost seems to be expected of me that I enjoy spicy food. No thanks guys, I'll stick with lemon & herb sauce whenever I'm in Nando's, don't really wanna try the super spicy. :colonhash:
Reply 38
Cooked breakfasts are disgusting - hot food in the mornings is not natural. The smell of it is disgusting, it looks all greasy and oily, the eggs, the bacon, the beans, bleurghhh. Can't stand the sight of them.
Reply 39
I dont like crisps......i know im really weird but i really dont like them :-\

Quick Reply

Latest