The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
:yep: It looked stage and was an utter embrassment even if it wasn't.
Not sure Adam booth taking a tripod to the head was staged (from haye too!)
Chisora must be having a laugh. He's massively overweight, and can't box to save his life, and didn't even beat Tyson Fury let alone a Klitscho. I don't like Fury but at least he's undefeated. Chisora is a pub fighter at best.
Original post by pinda.college
You do know that Boxnation didn't charge for the fight tonight (they aired it for free). Anyway I hope you realised this and didn't watch the fight on some medicore stream.

haha yeah don't worry, thankfully somebody did point this out to me just in time.
Reply 4084
Original post by TCD23
Chisora must be having a laugh. He's massively overweight, and can't box to save his life, and didn't even beat Tyson Fury let alone a Klitscho. I don't like Fury but at least he's undefeated. Chisora is a pub fighter at best.

Lolwut, you don't go 12 rounds against Vitali as a pub fighter and come out with a decent showing.
Original post by Idle
Lolwut, you don't go 12 rounds against Vitali as a pub fighter and come out with a decent showing.

Yet he's still lost three out of his four last matches. Shouldn't have been anywhere near a title shot.
Reply 4086
The brawl was actually quite exciting. Haye has to fight Chisora now if he doesn't get sent to jail first.
Original post by TCD23

He pretty much ate McDonalds everyday and turned up against Fury. He didn't even take that fight seriously...

Chisora put up a decent and pretty exciting showing last night. He might not be the best fighter in the world, but i've not seen many brave enough to swing like he was, try work the inside and no pub fighter, has the chin to take the shots of the world champ.
Reply 4088
Haye would KO Chisora in the first few rounds. How Chisora is even fighting for a world title was a joke.

Even with the publicity shenanigans by Chisora (because clearly a fight with Dereck does not interest Haye), I do not want to see a fight between Haye and Chisora. Of course, the stunt got a bit out of hand.

What is apparent is that both Vitali and Wladmir come out in a good light every time.
Reply 4089
To be completely honest the only reason I watched the fight last night was because of the slap. I sort of gave up on Heavyweight boxing a while back, it's been rubbish for a while now, I was hoping for Chisora to get knocked out though.

After last night I also decided to watch the Wladimir v Lewis fight, Wladimir was very pissed when the doctors stopped the fight :rofl:
A bad night and week for British boxing - not so much the brawl but the whole thing surrounding Chisora's fight. I'm quite dumbfounded why Haye was there in the first place. He retires, then makes noises to fight Vitali, then jumps in at a post-fight press conference pretty much begging in some way for the fight go ahead. He had no need to do that - Haye has said previously that the brothers need him for a big payday but that interruption at the presser suggests Haye needs them more than they need him. He's keen to correct his loss to Wlad but gone completely the wrong way about it.

It should have been prevented by security, but Haye doesn't have a licence so won't get punished but Chisora should. Mainly IMO for the slap on Vitali and the childish spitting of water on Wlad - Sir Henry Cooper is probably turning in his grave at that sort of behaviour.
All this "Chisora has lost 3 of his last 4" BS needs to stop.
Chisora CLEARLY beat Helenius, and obviously didn't try against Fury, he didn't want that fight in the first place.
Chisora put up a better fight against Vitali than Haye did against Wlad.
That said, David Price beats them both and I hope he gets his career moving soon to restore the pride to the British HW division.
I hope Haye fights Chisora now, but the winner should not face a Klitschko, the pair of them have had their chance already. I wish all the Eastern European HWs with decent records on paper (Boytsov, Povetkin, I'm looking at you) would stop ducking and have the balls to fight a Klitschko which to be fair to Haye and Chisora they already have done.
Reply 4092
Both a joke to sport. Klitschko's are great role models :adore:
Whats everyones opinions on the Marcos Maidana vs Devon Alexander bout?

i think this is the fight where alexander gets annihilated. he's been getting away with too many gift decisons and looks like they're attempting it at this one too as its in devons hometown.

i say the only way maidana can win is via ko and i think he will even though its a 10 rounder.

its time to say bye bye to devon alexander 'the fake'
Original post by Idle

Just because a deceased celebrity is famous for their egocentric lifestyle, that does not mean that their lives should somewhat be seen inferior to that of a soldier who fights for our country (I admire our troops and run 10k every month to raise money for our injured service-men and women).

http://www.blackcelebritygiving.com/2012/02/rip-whitney-houston-a-look-at-whitneys-great-charity-work-she-was-a-true-humanitarian/

Soldiers are not forgotten by those who knew and loved them, and they cannot be forgotten by us because we never knew them. However, that does not mean we don't acknowledge what they have done for our country. Whitney had many fans across the world so it's inevitable that her death would get more publicity, that does not make her a better person than any other decent human being who has died.
(edited 12 years ago)
^

what doees that have to do with chisora not being a pub fighter?
Manny Pacquiao is facing unbeaten Timothy Bradley next, June 9th I think I read on Sky Sports.

What should be a routine victory for the former. I don't why Pacquiao agreed. Bradley's a light-welterweight and WBC champ who have been facing Khan at the end of this year for unification rather than Manny.

Mayweather's preparing for Pacquiao - and jail some might say - by facing a tougher opponent in Cotto.
Original post by desijut
^

what doees that have to do with chisora not being a pub fighter?

I did not say it had anything to be with boxing, let alone Chisora not being a pub fighter.

I saw the persons' sig and wanted to tell them how I felt about it.

That's all.
Original post by pinda.college
I did not say it had anything to be with boxing, let alone Chisora not being a pub fighter.

I saw the persons' sig and wanted to tell them how I felt about it.

That's all.

Thats what personal messages are for.

this is a boxing thread, so keep it boxing.
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Thats what personal messages are for.

this is a boxing thread, so keep it boxing.

Oh please, it's not the first time someone has posted on a thread with an irrelevant message to the overall discussion. I regularly make contributions to this thread however, soon as I post one off-topic comment someone's in a fuss over it.

Thread or personal message, I'll choose the way in which I want to message someone.

Latest