The Student Room Group

Learning German language: The German Learners' Society (MKII)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grizzlybär
Ich würde mir die Antworten zu den Fragen erst in meiner eigenen Sprache überlegen und das dann übersetzen so gut es geht.
Ach Gott, bin ich froh, dass ich nicht mehr zur Schule gehe.
Ich drücke Dir die Daumen für deine Prüfungen.

Ich hab das gemacht. Punkte in Englisch schreiben, dann ins Deutsch uebersetzen, aber ich dachte dass meine Deutsch im Arsch ist, und ich kann nicht meinem Lehrer sagen, dass ich meine, dass meine Antworten nicht so gut sind, da er beantworten will, dass meine Antworten immer schlecht sind.
Original post by .snowflake.
Ich hab das gemacht. Punkte in Englisch schreiben, dann ins Deutsch uebersetzen, aber ich dachte dass meine Deutsch im Arsch ist, und ich kann nicht meinem Lehrer sagen, dass ich meine, dass meine Antworten nicht so gut sind, da er beantworten will, dass meine Antworten immer schlecht sind.

Well, that's not very encouraging.:mad:
He's your teacher, he should have taught you better, so he's the one to blame. :biggrin:
Well, that's not very encouraging.:mad:
He's your teacher, he should have taught you better, so he's the one to blame. :biggrin:

I know he's my teacher, and he's actually said that to me before 'since as its from you, of course it'll be rubbish' and i really cannot deal with being told that again at the moment. I'm trying to juggle these 20 questions, biology coursework and a chem test tomorrow. I'm not coping, but I'm not going to tell sir this, because he'll probably email mother behind my back. which causes problems at home. and because he terrifies us.

Last year was worse, constant back handed insults, that I don't think hope he didnt realise he was saying.
(edited 12 years ago)
I know he's my teacher, and he's actually said that to me before 'since as its from you, of course it'll be rubbish' and i really cannot deal with being told that again at the moment. I'm trying to juggle these 20 questions, biology coursework and a chem test tomorrow. I'm not coping, but I'm not going to tell sir this, because he'll probably email mother behind my back. which causes problems at home. and because he terrifies us.

Last year was worse, constant back handed insults, that I don't think hope he didnt realise he was saying.

Sounds like he's got the wrong profession.
Send me those questions, maybe I have something useful to contribute.

Ganz witzig, oder? Ich liebe es. :love: Oder ist es "leibe"? Ich habe es vergessen. :colonhash:
I've come to announce that German is impossible and hates my brain :yes:

Fact.

Original post by aspirinpharmacist

Ganz witzig, oder? Ich liebe es. :love: Oder ist es "leibe"? Ich habe es vergessen. :colonhash:

"liebe" :yes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by chickenonsteroids

Fact.

"liebe" :yes:

Das habe ich gedacht, aber dieses Jahr studiere mich Deutsch nicht, so mein Deutsch ist viel schlechter aus letzten Jahr (letztes Jahr? Ich weiß nicht). :smile:
i really dont get why I thought I'd be any good at german at uni.
Ich würde mir die Antworten zu den Fragen erst in meiner eigenen Sprache überlegen und das dann übersetzen so gut es geht.
Ach Gott, bin ich froh, dass ich nicht mehr zur Schule gehe.
Ich drücke Dir die Daumen für deine Prüfungen.

Ich möchte dir eine (vielleicht törichte :tongue:) Frage stellen:

Wenn die Präposition 'über' benutzt wird, welcher Fall kommt danach? Zum Beispiel, wenn ich 'Heute werde ich über _____ Organspende sprechen' sagen möchte, würde ich 'die' oder 'der' sagen? Das heißt, wann würde der Akkusativ und der Dativ benutzt werden?

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe! :smile:
Original post by thegodofgod
Ich möchte dir eine (vielleicht törichte :tongue:) Frage stellen:

Wenn die Präposition 'über' benutzt wird, welcher Fall kommt danach? Zum Beispiel, wenn ich 'Heute werde ich über _____ Organspende sprechen' sagen möchte, würde ich 'die' oder 'der' sagen? Das heißt, wann würde der Akkusativ und der Dativ benutzt werden?

Vielen Dank für die Hilfe! :smile:

'über wen oder was sprechen, lachen, nachdenken, hinwegentscheiden, ...
Akkussativ

'über' zur Angabe des Ortes - Dativ

In deinem Beispielsatz brauchst Du keinen Artikel: Heute werde ich über Organspende sprechen, oder mit Artikel: Heute werde ich über das Thema Organspende sprechen. Heute werde ich über die Organspende sprechen klingt komisch, als gäbe es nur eine Organspende.
'über wen oder was sprechen, lachen, nachdenken, hinwegentscheiden, ...
Akkussativ

'über' zur Angabe des Ortes - Dativ

In deinem Beispielsatz brauchst Du keinen Artikel: Heute werde ich über Organspende sprechen, oder mit Artikel: Heute werde ich über das Thema Organspende sprechen. Heute werde ich über die Organspende sprechen klingt komisch, als gäbe es nur eine Organspende.

Ganz toll! :smile:

Ah - ich verstehe, was du meinst :colondollar: - ich glaube, ich dachte auf Englisch, als ich den Satz schrieb :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Tsk ... what's got into me, last night ... :colondollar:

I give the deadly boring history lessons as an excuse :redface:
How I ever managed to get my Abitur, one has to wonder :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Okay Leute, warum hat jeder seine Motivation verloren? :tongue:

Fact.

i really dont get why I thought I'd be any good at german at uni.
Original post by such_a_lady

weil meiner Deutschlehrer sagt dass ich bloed bin.
Original post by such_a_lady

We did a German test today and it was extremely difficult... especially the synonym part.

My grammar has flown out of the window and he.said that we should aim to learn 30-50 new words a week... how?!

These exams will be really difficult at the end of the year :sadnod:
We did a German test today and it was extremely difficult... especially the synonym part.

My grammar has flown out of the window and he.said that we should aim to learn 30-50 new words a week... how?!

What sort of grammar stuff are you struggling with?

Any specifics? :redface:

30-50 a week. Thats tame. 10 words a day, not difficult!!
30-50 a week. Thats tame. 10 words a day, not difficult!!

My memory is only slightly better than that of a goldfish ...

What sort of grammar stuff are you struggling with?

Any specifics? :redface:

I'm not sure, I think It's just perfecting word order and adjective endings etc
My memory is only slightly better than that of a goldfish ...

I'm not sure, I think It's just perfecting word order and adjective endings etc

Ooh - adjective endings can be a major biatchslap to your face if you don't know them :sadnod:

Luckily for me, it all clicked when I got into year 12 and was given an awesome adjective endings table (which I have unfortunately lost :sad:) by an awesome teacher! :biggrin:

As for word order, remember the 'idea' that the (first) verb should be in the 2nd position and the other(s) should be sent to the end of the clause*, unless you have random stuff like relative clauses and clauses which send the verb(s) to the end, e.g. weil, wenn, obwohl, ob, als ob, etc.**

* e.g.

Ich spiele Tennis. First idea Second idea Third idea

Normalerweise spiele ich Tennis. First idea Second idea Third idea

Das Wetter gefällt mir. First idea Second idea Third idea

** e.g.

Ich spiele Tennis draußen, wenn das Wetter schön ist. First idea Second idea Third idea Verb last

Ich spiele Tennis draußen, obwohl das Wetter schlimm ist. First idea Second idea Third idea Verb last

Ich spiele Tennis draußen, als ob das Wetter schlimm wäre***. First idea Second idea Third idea Verb last

*** 'wäre' could also be replaced with 'sein würde', because they're interchangeable :smile:
Ooh - adjective endings can be a major biatchslap to your face if you don't know them :sadnod:

Luckily for me, it all clicked when I got into year 12 and was given an awesome adjective endings table (which I have unfortunately lost :sad:) by an awesome teacher! :biggrin:

As for word order, remember the 'idea' that the (first) verb should be in the 2nd position and the other(s) should be sent to the end of the clause*, unless you have random stuff like relative clauses and clauses which send the verb(s) to the end, e.g. weil, wenn, obwohl, ob, als ob, etc.**

*** 'wäre' could also be replaced with 'sein würde', because they're interchangeable :smile:

Thanks for the help :smile:

We got a table ... it was the magic line table or something like that :tongue:

Now it's time to remember it and make sure I apply it to my writing :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest