The Student Room Group

What's the worst thing you've ever done in school?

Scroll to see replies

In primary we went to the seaside and we were on a high cliff with a wall on the edge and my friend was lying on top of the wall. I remember trying to push her off to the sharp rocks and ocean below. :wtf: What the hell was wrong with me....?!!! My life would be so different right now if she'd actually had fallen off. I remember the teacher yelling at me and all I could think about on the bus home was that I might lose my prefect badge.

Apart from that, just mostly many days off.
Ha where do I start!

I went to a ****ed up school.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by llessur123
I was 14 and fell out with a friend, I had a bit of a temper back then so I kicked a door open and accidently smashed the panel on it. I then worried and was even more angry, so I just walked out of school. I got suspended and had a pack of teachers searching the area for me, I felt quite bad after.

I also got a record number of detentions in first year - 34, quite impressive for an 11 year old.

There are a few things really, I've gotten into lots of arguments with teachers but I've never sworn or been rude. I've never been scared of voicing my opinion to a teacher in a mature way, although they usually get quite defensive and then it doesn't go well. I was a little **** before I was 16 or so then I stopped being so angry. I've never stopped arguing with teachers if I wasn't happy with something though, for instance, I can't stand it when men raise their voice at me, it can be quite scary and I'm a small 17 year old girl so I don't think it's appropriate or necessary, if this happens I'll ask them not to raise their voice and if they don't I'll walk out of the room. It's just something that has been ingrained into me since I was young - never let a man raise his voice at you, no matter who it is. Called it old fashioned, but I stick by what I believe in. I'm nearly an adult, so I like to be spoken to like one.

Yeah, I think I'm quite infamous at my school. They can't wait till I leave next year. My reports always say "always polite, but arrogant and argumentative" haha.

You are an example of everything that is wrong with our society. Allow me to explain.

1. You walk away from a situation in which you were clearly at blame. This is not acceptable. There is something called accountability.

2. You 'felt quite bad' for causing criminal damage? I'd say at that age, anyone who, "just feels bad" has something wrong with them.

3. This is pure arrogance. End of discussion.

4. Well what are you complaining for then?

5. This kind of self-entitlement is frankly odious. If you are to disrespect any figure of authority, then be prepared to suffer the consequences, be that figure male or female.

6. This makes no difference whatsoever. As you said yourself, "I'm nearly an adult..." Start acting like one.

7. Again, walking away from a situation you don't like is immature and will not get you anywhere in the real world.

8. Call it old-fashioned, but I've always believed that if you want to be treated like an adult, you act like one.

9. That is not something to be proud of.

10. They got that one right. You are. Surely the fact that your, "reports always say" it, and you seem to have ignored it, based on what you are telling us, proves their point?
Reply 63
In primary school we had a gardener called Mr. Little. Now, I thought it would be funny to call him Mr. Skittle behind his back whilst talking to my friend - I don't even know why! - but a dinner lady heard me. She kept on asking what I had called the gardener and was really laying into me. Eventually she just started shouting at me trying to get an answer and I burst into tears :frown:

I still don't know to this day why she became so offended by it...
Original post by Genocidal
Isolation for a while for graffiti on one of the school buildings. My favourite quote was from my English teacher where he said: "He's the only pupil I know who can get an A* in English and beat up other students in his spare time." :biggrin:

you and your teacher sound like ********s
Original post by martin jol
you and your teacher sound like ********s

He was the teacher with the best track record in the school and I, as I have already outlined, had some of the highest grades. That's winning.

Reply 66
I dunno if this counts as worst thing in terms of doing wrong cause technically he DID do something wrong and deserved it. However it was pretty bad when i think of how his life has got a permanent blotch on it and his education may well have been ruined.

Well in primary school we had a small group of people (around 7) who went to seperate group sessions because we were the ones who anted to do the 11 plus transfer test to get into Grammar school. Anyway we were going over exam papers and the headmaster with us got called out for a message. This kid in the group then notices that the headmaster has left the answer paper sitting right beside it. The kid says "haha that stupid b***** left the answer paper here". Said headmaster proceeds to walk in and see us looking at it. Instead of just saying nothing I (along with others I also should add) look at each other and i tell her what the kid said. Needless to say she was not pleased. Basically the kid got dragged out, we heard crying and his mother through the door and we never saw him back at the school again so presumably he was expelled.
Original post by Genocidal
He was the teacher with the best track record in the school and I, as I have already outlined, had some of the highest grades. That's winning.

having a good track record and getting good marks is good, but physical violence and condoning physical violence is not. it's definitely not "winning."
Original post by martin jol
having a good track record and getting good marks is good, but physical violence and condoning physical violence is not. it's definitely not "winning."

Of course it's winning. Accomplishment is accomplishment.
Reply 69
Oh and I was a pretty good kid at grammar school but when a supply teacher comes in when your teacher is off sick you CANNOT help going along with the crowd and pissing about. One of the funniest was a french supply teacher. He asked us all where we live and not being particularly clued up about Belfast we all proceeded to, one after another as he went round the class asking, said "Ja habite a Saintfield". Suffice to say after the 20th person said they lived in the same town, he went nuts and went down tot he school office and said he would personally go through our records to find our actual adress and everyone who lied to him was in detention.
Reply 70
I was really good in school, so the worst thing I done was call a teacher a B**** behind her back! :cool:
i wore one of my girlfriends thongs to school and proceeded to try and do PE with it on ( no shorts). it did not go down well with the teachers.
Putting mentos in a bottle of coke and letting it explode.

Changing all my friends bullet points into swastikas in my maths class and seeing the teacher's face when he picked it up

As you can tell, I'm total bad ass
1. You walk away from a situation in which you were clearly at blame. This is not acceptable. There is something called accountability.

2. You 'felt quite bad' for causing criminal damage? I'd say at that age, anyone who, "just feels bad" has something wrong with them.

I was 14, I clearly said after that I was a **** back then. It was me being a teenage idiot. I paid for the panel after, as I said, it was an accident caused by a moment of anger. The title is after all, "the worst thing you did at school", I didn't go around doing this every day.

3. This is pure arrogance. End of discussion.

That was sarcasm, don't be ridiculous.

4. Well what are you complaining for then?

Highlighting one part of a sentence and taking it out of context isn't a good idea. An argument isn't a fight, it's simply a debate. If I disagree with someone, I'll calmly debate with them on it.

5. This kind of self-entitlement is frankly odious. If you are to disrespect any figure of authority, then be prepared to suffer the consequences, be that figure male or female.

How do you know I disrespected anyone? Do you think it's acceptable for someone to scream and clearly intimidate someone for something like being late to class? I don't agree with the notion that since you are a teacher and have a position of authority you have the right to take your anger out on your students when it is completely unnessecary.

6. This makes no difference whatsoever. As you said yourself, "I'm nearly an adult..." Start acting like one.

You took it out of context, yet again. It's not ok for 6ft man to stand over a small woman and shout at her. That is intimidating for anyone. It's how you discipline a child. If I was a collegue, an adult, it would be harrasment. That is what I mean.

7. Again, walking away from a situation you don't like is immature and will not get you anywhere in the real world.

If someone is scaring me and not listening to me after I politely ask them to lower their voice, then I will remove myself from the situation. I will not stand and let someone tear me to shreds and make me feel awful because they can or because I'm expected to.

9. That is not something to be proud of.

I'm not proud of it, I was joking.

10. They got that one right. You are. Surely the fact that your, "reports always say" it, and you seem to have ignored it, based on what you are telling us, proves their point?

Did I deny it? There are worse things in life than being arrogant, and if thats my worst quality, then so be it. Although realistically, can you decide that I'm arrogant based on a paragraph I post on a forum? This post was much more arrogant than anything I posted.

Don't feel so strongly about someone you don't know based on a flippant post on a forum. Also, ease up on the colour, it's not nice on the eyes.
Reply 74
It's not ok for 6ft man to stand over a small woman and shout at her.

You're 17, ergo not a woman.
Reply 75
Original post by Bob400001

Correction, 18
Reply 76
Before the annual dance evening there was some form of work occurring on the stage. My friend and I (6th form dance leaders) didn't think anything of it.
During our year 8&9 dance club we let them onto the stage, and when they all jumped, they went through the stage.
OOPS.
Reply 77
Those days you 'mitched' - didn't happen to be English classes by any chance? :P
i got accused of cyberbullying. :dontknow: but that was only because an argument between me and my "friend" got way out of hand. we were both responsible but because she reported me first, i got the blame. all my classmates despised me for it even though theyd only heard her side of the story. Thankfully nothing more came out of it.

other than that its just petty things like drawing on another persons table (only because they did it first) and not doing my homework, which im still guilty of doing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bob400001

I'm 18. I also don't think waking up on your 18th birthday transforms you into a woman, that starts happening when you are 13 or so. It's not an overnight process.

EDIT: Just realised in that post I said 17, it was a typo.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply