The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I like my girls with hairy chests, a beard, a moustache. Oh and a penis. Oh wait.
Reply 181
Oh, for some reason I thought you meant legs so I voted hair-free.

With arms I don't really care either way. Not really that smooth arms are a turn on or hairy arms a turn off.
I didn't know people did shave their arms.. lol don't see why its a problem
op has hairier arms than me :biggrin: haha
I don't shave my arms and doubt I ever will. I have light brown hair so the arm hair is noticeable but I don't care. I quite like it. For what it's worth, I don't shave my arm-pits either (I wonder how many negs I'll get for that) but I do shave my legs and trim/wax my pubic hair. I realised that I should have my body how I wanted it instead of bowing down to social pressure.

It's not inhibiting bedroom action, let's put it that way :wink:
Interesting to see that the number of men who prefer girls to have hairless arms is twice as many as the number who don't mind it (and hardly any of them actually like hairy arms - yet less than one in four girls actually do anything about the hair on their arms...
Original post by EmmaBurton
Interesting to see that the number of men who prefer girls to have hairless arms is twice as many as the number who don't mind it (and hardly any of them actually like hairy arms - yet less than one in four girls actually do anything about the hair on their arms...

I think the reality is the guys would in fact prefer girls not to have noticeable hair on their arms not actually to have them clean shaven. But there isn't an option for that so they're kind of being given the option between (in the way it's portrayed) arms like a gorilla or hairless arms, in which case they will go for the latter.

In reality, most I think guys don't care either way and wouldn't even think about it.
Personally, as a guy, I couldn't care less. I have no preference and rather a girl does whatever makes her feel comfortable.

Original post by Historophilia
I think the reality is the guys would in fact prefer girls not to have noticeable hair on their arms not actually to have them clean shaven. But there isn't an option for that so they're kind of being given the option between (in the way it's portrayed) arms like a gorilla or hairless arms, in which case they will go for the latter.

In reality, most I think guys don't care either way and wouldn't even think about it.

I agree
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 188
I have hair like yours and tbh as long as you don't care too much others don't either, it's not worth the hassle to shave/wax it just makes it worse. I think most guys prefer just the natural you and if they don't like a girl because of her hairy arms are they really worth it if they are that vain?
Original post by zedbrar
Personally, as a guy, I couldn't care less. I have no preference and rather a girl does whatever makes her feel comfortable.

I agree

That's what i've found, after spending time on this thread I actually ran it past several male friends, my brother and boyfriend and they all either looked at me blankly or said something like 'People shave their arms? That's just odd.' And when pressed further they tended to agree that if a girl had arms like some kind of great ape they'd understand why they would but it would never occur to them to have an issue with it or ask their girlfriends to shave them.
Combination of can't be arsed what with shaving my legs etc already/ I have blonde hair which isn't noticable anyway/ noone has ever seemed bothered at all about it.
I could understand if it was uber thick and black, but honestly who cares? I don't, and I wouldn't do it for a guy unless he agreed to get rid of all hair aswell. :smile:
my arms are quite noticeably hairy....
and i really want to remove them...
but.... years ago (i must of been 12 or 13) i read that you shouldnt touch the hair on your arms... i cant remember why and dont even know if it was true... but it was enough for me to always just think iv got to live with it :frown:
x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Historophilia
That's what i've found, after spending time on this thread I actually ran it past several male friends, my brother and boyfriend and they all either looked at me blankly or said something like 'People shave their arms? That's just odd.' And when pressed further they tended to agree that if a girl had arms like some kind of great ape they'd understand why they would but it would never occur to them to have an issue with it or ask their girlfriends to shave them.

That's nice to hear! But now I'm curious as to what constitutes excessively hairy arms to the point where they would notice and dislike it.
For instance, would any of these be excessive:

Spoiler

For me as a girl, if I had that amount of arm hair, it would make me feel uncomfortable and I'd probably remove it..
Reply 193
A girl should shave both her armpits and axewound.

If she doesn't then it's just creepy.
Reply 194
if you are an asian gal like myself you don't really have a choice.. unless you don't mind looking like a gorilla or you are still lucky and don't have that many hair... but seriously ? who shaves their arms :s just wax or use hair removing cream.. shaving it will obviously make it worse!
Original post by FelixFelicis
That's nice to hear! But now I'm curious as to what constitutes excessively hairy arms to the point where they would notice and dislike it.
For instance, would any of these be excessive:

Spoiler

For me as a girl, if I had that amount of arm hair, it would make me feel uncomfortable and I'd probably remove it..

Well the bottom picture I might, the top you can't really judge because the hair is wet and hair looks darker and more obvious when it's wet and the second one I think I might be willing to leave it.
Reply 196
I have very pale skin so the hairs on my arms are a little noticeable, to me at least - they're not really dark, but because I'm so pale there's more of a contrast. But I would never shave them - I think arms would look a little weird without hair!?! They're just not a body part I would naturally think to remove hair from! Sometimes I get self-conscious about them, but then I think sod it. It's not in the same league as furry armpits or legs!
Shaving my arms had never crossed my mind until recently but I've always been conscious of my arm hair so I shave them now :smile: it doesn't grow back too bad anyway so it's not too much effort to keep on top of it :smile:
Reply 198
My arms are much worse than yours, and I hate wearing tshirts in public and I find myself trying to bend my arms awkwardly to hide the hair. I am really embarrassed about it, but I know that shaving will only make it worse and I really don't have the time or the effort required. I have been told my arms looked like a mans before, in front of an entire english class of people; that was nice. I have very pale skin and thick, long, dark hair, so it really stands out :frown:
Reply 199
Your arms look fine don't worry :smile: When looking at the whole of you and not just your arms in a photo no one would even notice the hair. I won't ever shave my arms but to be honest they're not that hairy. I have friends who do but it makes their arms prickly which is not want you want really.

Latest