The Student Room Group

What was the last film you watched Mk. II

Scroll to see replies

Layer Cake - 8.75
I've seen it like three times before but only just realised Tom Hardy was in it :lolwut: Just made me love it even more tbh, awesome movie and not enough people have seen it...
Reply 2021
Limitless
Reply 2022
Maverick 8/10

Just a good fun film imo.

The Danny Glover cameo is brilliant.
The Woman in Black - 7/10.

Quite good! A lot better than I expected, but very different to how I thought it would be. Daniel Radcliffe is fantastic in it, and I absolutely cannot stand him usually. Well worth watching! :yep:
Reply 2024
The King's Speech, long overdue I know, and I didn't expect to like it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. :smile:
The Da Vinci Code- was very good! 8.5/10

For those of you who have seen it, I found the blonde guy so scary!! I scare verry easily though >.<
(edited 12 years ago)
Ocean's 11
7.5/10
Super (with Rain Wilson) - 7.5/10.
Midnight in Paris - (7.5/10)

Fantastic screenplay and a well acted and directed movie. A great movie for anybody who can get all of the literature references in there for sure :h:
Reply 2029
The woman in black :|

very well done! although my friends and I agreed it should not be a 12! Definately one of the scariest films I've seen and very jumpy in parts.

Overall 8-9/10 :smile:
Schindler's list

This film is absolute excellence. Definite 10/10.
Like Crazy
I was initially put off by the fact it was an indie brit flick, and it was different to what I'd normally choose to see, but the acting was great (especially Felicity Jones who plays Anna). Storyline wasn't groundbreaking, but I didn't expect it to be.
7/10
Original post by Nirgilis
Midnight in Paris - (7.5/10)

Fantastic screenplay and a well acted and directed movie. A great movie for anybody who can get all of the literature references in there for sure :h:

Definitely. I didn't get the El ángel exterminador reference at first, though I've since corrected my ways.

I found myself slightly irked at Wilson's homage-paying body language of Woody Allen. I actually thought at several times, 'is this guy going to pull a 'I've just quite smoking gag'' on us.

Good film though.

To answer the thread: I've just watched Lost in Translation. Great film, but Johansson's character was perhaps the most dislikeable I've ever seen.
Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Any film with a girl called "Knives Chau" in it is automatically cool.

End of.
Reply 2034
Confessions

This movie is an absolute masterpiece, The acting was phenomenal and alot of the actors were as young as 13. It is one of them films that messes with your mind and makes you shiver definatly 10/10.
Reply 2035
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

Epic film, great plot. You just have to stick with it. A film with Gary Oldman, Colin Firth and Tom Hardy in- YES!

9/10
Gattaca. Loved it. 9/10. :smile:.
Bullhead, though it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. A bit too slow :s-smilie:
The Change Up - 7.4/10

Strange story line, but side-splittingly funny. Plus solid performances from Bateman and Reynolds
(edited 12 years ago)
howls moving castle - 9/10

i loved it soooo much! not 10/10 because christian bale's voice is too distinctive (cant get american psycho/batman out of my head) and emily mortimer was annoying as young sophie. but wow the story was immense and the visuals were spectacular... the imagination of studio ghibli films just blows me away.

need to pick another film from my "to-do" pile of films i own but havent watched... the options are: taxi driver, interstate 60, let the right one in. prob gonna be interstate 60 because im a bit mental for gary oldman... i say a bit, i mean a lot.. i mean weirdly a lot. i would actually well up if he won the oscar later (of course he wont because the oscars are generally a load of old tosh).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending