The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4660
Original post by Boristhethird
as with peivous people you need to let me have a go on your bike(s)

and swap your XJ for my Bros :tongue:

Darling, I wouldn't swap a bag of rubbish for your Bros
Original post by Juno

:cry2:

seiously, i cant see why so many of you hate my Bros.
it really is an excellent bike, is it my particular bike, or the Bros/Hawk as a model?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4662
:cry2:

seiously, i cant see why so many of you hate my Bros.
it really is an excellent bike, is it my particular bike, or the Bros/Hawk as a model?

He's not my Ugly :emog:
Original post by Juno

See, I knew there was a reason we kept you around :smile:
Reply 4664
Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the glasses steaming up problem?

It only happens when I have my visor down, but I don't like riding with it up when I go fast ("fast" being more than about 40, Ugly and I have never been over 65).

I don't think Pledge helped, even though I got the special glass version.
Original post by Juno
He's not my Ugly :emog:

ok, i'll allow you that :h:

Original post by Chilledice
See, I knew there was a reason we kept you around :smile:

shut it bikeless ewannabe
Reply 4666

You do have a point though. Why do we hate your Bros? I don't like him coz he's not my Ugly and Ugly is the best bike in the world ever (coz he's mine), but nobody else has that excuse. I mean, you get people like The Stig who drive different cars every week and you've never seen him admit any car isn't as good as his Austin Metro. I bet he also has a trade account with Magic Tree.
Original post by Juno
Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the glasses steaming up problem?

It only happens when I have my visor down, but I don't like riding with it up when I go fast ("fast" being more than about 40, Ugly and I have never been over 65).

I don't think Pledge helped, even though I got the special glass version.

If it's your glasses and they're actual glass (not a polycarbonate that seems to be used a lot now) then rain-x works wonders. I only say to be sure because I think rain-x scratches plastic. Also, as a diver, the cheap-but-sorta-gross trick is to spit on them. Spit, rub it around, then a quick rinse. Will keep them fog-free for an hour or so. Do it all the time on my goggles when diving/snorkeling.
Original post by Juno
You do have a point though. Why do we hate your Bros? I don't like him coz he's not my Ugly and Ugly is the best bike in the world ever (coz he's mine), but nobody else has that excuse. I mean, you get people like The Stig who drive different cars every week and you've never seen him admit any car isn't as good as his Austin Metro. I bet he also has a trade account with Magic Tree.

:lol:

Aldi bike stuff
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week09Thursday12.htm
not much clothing though
Original post by Juno

Because it's easy picking on him about the bros, same as the comments about me and corners/my choice of gear... We love him really though.

Re- the call last night, did you have your lights on, do your rear lights work.

Glasses - contact lenses, leave your visor open, open the vents
Reply 4670
Ugly and I had another adventurous day!

First we went to get his rear light fixed (coz we didn't understand wiggles' amazing instructions of "If you take off your seat you should be able to get to the seat to replace it") and they did it for free anyway. Then we had to go to work :sad: But it's only been a week and the trip from the motorbike place to my house isn't as scary :shock:

And then after work we decided to go for a ride. The sensible part of my brain was saying "it's dark and you have work in the morning; go to bed!" but the other part was saying "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" but eventually I got fed up of having Rocking All Over The World stuck in my head (I like it :no:) so I came back.

And some man tried to pull out on us from a side road :eek: but luckily he saw us just at the last minute and stopped.

shut it bikeless ewannabe

both incorrect
Reply 4672
both incorrect

:eek: Do you got a ninja?!
Might be taking my bike for the 16k service tomorrow if I can get a courtesy bike. If not, then I have to come up with a plan first...
both incorrect

you still had a GS, the name stands.

and having a bike through pure virtue of no-one wanting to buy it off you does not count
Reply 4675
My mums car is gonna be stuck at the mechanics for at least a week.

And she just asked to use mine, meaning I'd have to take train again :zomg:

Not only that, but the way she drives would definitely **** my score with Young Co-operative...
Right, well that's the SV back to how she used to feel. Had a fantastic shakedown on the Moors this evening. First thing I spent my first wage from my new job was on a tankful of fuel; you can tell where my mind is :wink:
Hey guys...

Been out on the bike a reasonable amount lately now the weather is getting better...

Also, recently realised my finances are better than first thought and considered buying a lovely nice 650GS Dakar edition before being sensible and realised i should probaby save it.
I got a freakin' motorbike! :woo:

It's a Rieju RS2 125. Yes, I know it's stupid and I should have just got a commuter style bike, but f*** it, you only live once and I wanna look decent for the couple of months that I have it :biggrin:

I passed my theory last week, so just Mod 1 and 2 to go :')
Original post by JollyJelly
I got a freakin' motorbike! :woo:

It's a Rieju RS2 125. Yes, I know it's stupid and I should have just got a commuter style bike, but f*** it, you only live once and I wanna look decent for the couple of months that I have it :biggrin:

I passed my theory last week, so just Mod 1 and 2 to go :')

Well done :biggrin: now yu just need to get the miles going up :biggrin:

Latest