The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Information Management for Business 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Superglue25
Hey Jamz sorry to bother but do you mind me asking how many hours of "lessons" do you have have roughly for IMB ?

Including lectures and seminars I'd say on average about 3 a day? Someday's more (ie. 4-5). Sometimes less (In my first year I got Friday's off in term 2)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 121
Sorry Jamz I know it's probably quite annoying now but I was at a open day yesterday at Loughborough for ITMB and while talking to someone else who came for the open day he told me that the UCL interview for ITMB was quite intense and it was a 1-1 interview.. this is contrary to what I've heard her on the forums and from a friend. So just asking to make sure the interview isn't too formal right? I get the feeling the guy I was speaking too was either bluffing or was massively under prepared for the interview process and was quite confused.
Original post by Bemz
Sorry Jamz I know it's probably quite annoying now but I was at a open day yesterday at Loughborough for ITMB and while talking to someone else who came for the open day he told me that the UCL interview for ITMB was quite intense and it was a 1-1 interview.. this is contrary to what I've heard her on the forums and from a friend. So just asking to make sure the interview isn't too formal right? I get the feeling the guy I was speaking too was either bluffing or was massively under prepared for the interview process and was quite confused.

Haha, Well I can't comment I'm afraid. I helped out on the 8th of this month at one of the assessment days and it was definitely group interviews then. It has been in previous years too. The interview also was far from formal (The one I was in anyway). So either they got really unlucky (Very unlikely) or they are lying? (Or perhaps went to the wrong uni?
Reply 123
Original post by jamz0770
Haha, Well I can't comment I'm afraid. I helped out on the 8th of this month at one of the assessment days and it was definitely group interviews then. It has been in previous years too. The interview also was far from formal (The one I was in anyway). So either they got really unlucky (Very unlikely) or they are lying? (Or perhaps went to the wrong uni?

Haha, Thanks :smile: Helpful as usual.
Reply 124
Has anyone else who attended the interview on the 15th February got an offer yet? If not then do you know how long it takes them to reply?
Reply 125
I got an offer 2 weeks ago and it asked me 38 with 17 in High Levels. (im doing the IB). Anyways I was happy although the 38 kinda worried me so i contacted my UK application counselor asking him to contact the university and see if anything could be done with the offer (having the slightest hope of it being reduced even to 37). So i get a mail a few days ago. AND IT WAS REDUCED TO 36 so this is going to be my firm choice for sure (also got Bath for business admin but im choosing ucl). Just wanted to share it with you guys. Congrats to all offer holders. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 126
Original post by Antell
I got an offer 2 weeks ago and it asked me 38 with 17 in High Levels. (im doing the IB). Anyways I was happy although the 38 kinda worried me so i contacted my UK application counselor asking him to contact the university and see if anything could be done with the offer (having the slightest hope of it being reduced even to 37). So i get a mail a few days ago. AND IT WAS REDUCED TO 36 so this is going to be my firm choice for sure (also got Bath for business admin but im choosing ucl). Just wanted to share it with you guys. Congrats to all offer holders. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

WOOHOO! congrats!! seriously, thats great. did they state the reason why they gave you a 38 in the first place? and.. is it 36 with 17 in HL? :P
Reply 127
The A levels minimum entry requirements for this course is AAb with a pass in an AS level....
do UCl go solely by grades or if we get A* in one subject and BB in teh other two..will they still accept candidates on results day?? do they consider ucas points or is it just gradess??
Reply 128
Original post by macboo
WOOHOO! congrats!! seriously, thats great. did they state the reason why they gave you a 38 in the first place? and.. is it 36 with 17 in HL? :P

It is a 36 with 17 in high levels. Well when i talked with my uk application counselor he just tol me it was a long-drawn process but since the outcome was positive thats all that matters. Indeed. I just like my new offer :biggrin:
Reply 129
I'm afraid I can't give you the exact questions as it would be unfair on others. I would suggest you know the simple stuff though such as why UCL, Why IMB, What's good about you (Extra curriculars included). What you want to be involved in at UCL. Potentially have thought about what you might like to do when you leave UCL? Having some idea about current affair related business stuff would be good too.

All of that is pretty standard interview stuff that you would be expected to know at any course interview anywhere.

Good luck!

If you have any questions about the course etc (Preferably ones I haven't answered on this thread/on this forum before) feel free to ask.

Thanks very much, it was really helpful. I had my interview yesterday.
Reply 130

Hi jamz, I'm considering applying for UCL on this course in the following year of 2013 and I'm just wondering whether you think UCL would accept an OCR Nationals Level 3 Diploma with distinctions as part of the AAB usually required to be accepted into the course?

As well as this, I'm currently studying AS's in Business Studies and History with which I will be eventually dropping History at the end of this year, so I can focus on getting an A or B in Business Studies at A2. What do you think is the likeliness of me being given a conditional offer or being rejected solely based on academic requirements?

Considering applying here for this course and it really appeals to me, I'm just skeptical about my chances of being accepted and whether its really worth one of my five UCAS applications. Thanks for any reply you may give, it's appreciated.
I'm afraid I'm really not the best person to ask about admissions related enquiries. I've sent you the email address of the person responsible for admissions and other enquiries for IMB via private message.
I'm still waiting sent my application on the 12th Jan. College took ages to send off. I haven't heard anything but an acknowledgement email. Is anyone else in this predicament?

I got all 4 of my offers. One even lowered my original offer I'm assuming to persuade me to firm. I just want to hear something!
Reply 133
Original post by SmartiePantz
I'm still waiting sent my application on the 12th Jan. College took ages to send off. I haven't heard anything but an acknowledgement email. Is anyone else in this predicament?

I got all 4 of my offers. One even lowered my original offer I'm assuming to persuade me to firm. I just want to hear something!

What grades are you predicted or think you'll be getting and which subjects?
Reply 134
:biggrin: I will be applying for 2013 lol
Reply 135
Anyone who had interviews within the month of feb, received offers yet??
Reply 136
Original post by paulas
Anyone who had interviews within the month of feb, received offers yet??

no.........:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 137
just got an offer this morning, after my interview on 8th Feb
grades are AAB
CANT BELIEVE ITTT
Reply 138
Original post by james'94
just got an offer this morning, after my interview on 8th Feb
grades are AAB
CANT BELIEVE ITTT

SAME, i just received the offer today! am so happy...but now i have to actually get the grades
Reply 139
Original post by paulas
same, i just received the offer today! Am so happy...but now i have to actually get the grades

same! Offer!!!! Yesssss:d

Quick Reply

Latest