The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Has Welbeck's rating changed, he's a beast! As is RVP, they seem to have realised they need to make him good and just upped everything. Played Arsenal online in H2H seasons a minute ago, and he was beating Vidic in the air. Ended 5-4 to me, 3 goals in the last 9 mins!
Reply 1641
Upgraded Ba + Cisse. :coma:
Really happy with the upgrades. Norwich are now much better with Holt having 80 finishing and the majority of the players overalls are now around the mid 70s. Also enjoy playing as Newcastle and QPR.

One thing still irks me and that is Anzi - how they are 3 and a half with a player like Eto'o is absurd. Eto'o can tear through the lower star teams' defence easily and his finishing is sky high (which is as it should be).
Reply 1643
Original post by NorwichtoBristol
Really happy with the upgrades. Norwich are now much better with Holt having 80 finishing and the majority of the players overalls are now around the mid 70s. Also enjoy playing as Newcastle and QPR.

One thing still irks me and that is Anzi - how they are 3 and a half with a player like Eto'o is absurd. Eto'o can tear through the lower star teams' defence easily and his finishing is sky high (which is as it should be).

Weren't they 4* before the update?
Original post by Mess.
Weren't they 4* before the update?

No idea, but - if you're right - how they can go down half a star is beyond me.
Reply 1645
Original post by Mr.Messy
I've been stuck in div 6 for the past 2 or 3 seasons. Always missed promotion by a point or two.. My defending is atrocious atm and the amount of late goals I concede. :emo:

Lost my first 2 games already so looks like I'll be playing for survival instead of promotion. ::frown:

Im in the exact same situation as you at the moment, 4 straight promotions with southampton and the glory of ricky lambert :biggrin:, but now im literally fighting for survival every single season

Does anyone else have serious anger issues when playing fifa online ?, im usually a very calm person who would rarely lose his temper but fifa really brings out the worst in me, example being i was winning 3-0 and somehow managed to lose 4-3 due to my shoddy defending and the games annoying trait of my keeper punching a ball away from goal straight to the foot of a waiting striker, anyway i eject my disc chuck my box across my room and throw my disc out the door in to the hall, :cool:
Reply 1646
Original post by cgvince
Im in the exact same situation as you at the moment, 4 straight promotions with southampton and the glory of ricky lambert :biggrin:, but now im literally fighting for survival every single season

Does anyone else have serious anger issues when playing fifa online ?, im usually a very calm person who would rarely lose his temper but fifa really brings out the worst in me, example being i was winning 3-0 and somehow managed to lose 4-3 due to my shoddy defending and the games annoying trait of my keeper punching a ball away from goal straight to the foot of a waiting striker, anyway i eject my disc chuck my box across my room and throw my disc out the door in to the hall, :cool:

1 point away from winning the trophy in div 1 :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Reply 1647
Original post by cgvince

I've never known anything like FIFA for getting people riled up. I have had people screaming in my face and being punched, choked and stamped in rugby yet just brushed it off like nothing was happening but one single thing in FIFA and I am punching myself in the leg and letting out guttural screams of rage. Neighbours must think I have sort os bondage dungeon going on!
Reply 1648
Original post by Mess.
I've never known anything like FIFA for getting people riled up. I have had people screaming in my face and being punched, choked and stamped in rugby yet just brushed it off like nothing was happening but one single thing in FIFA and I am punching myself in the leg and letting out guttural screams of rage. Neighbours must think I have sort os bondage dungeon going on!

I just cracked up ! , i think the reason people get so annoyed with fifa myself included is because you know your playing against some smug person hundreds of miles away and even if they win theres not a thing you can do about it,

I personally think EA should spice the game up and when you lose online, they send you the winners home address and phone number :cool:

Also ive been looking through my highlight reel and i believe these goals are my sweatiest, for the first goal im very surprised the guy didnt quit

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/115449190

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/37331779
(edited 12 years ago)
how many guys here play FIFA on PC/Laptop??
Reply 1650
http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/115510314

Just scored that with Charlie Adam online :coma:

Could have scored three more in the match but purposely missed so he wouldn't quit :mmm:

Edit: My second or third game in Division 4 it was. It really should say on the replay tbph.
(edited 12 years ago)
How do you save the replay's online? I might start a library of FIFA retardation.

Noticed some glitch with United, like every other goal kick, Rooney and Welbeck start on top of each other and have some kind of fit.
Reply 1652
Original post by doggyfizzel
How do you save the replay's online? I might start a library of FIFA retardation.

Noticed some glitch with United, like every other goal kick, Rooney and Welbeck start on top of each other and have some kind of fit.

You can only save match replays at the end of the game, not any random events during the game itself :sad: At the end of the game, just scroll across to match highlights, save them to your replay centre and then upload from the reply centre :h:
Scored my best ever fifa goal earlier with Cavani i think it was. Insane overhead kick with incredible technique. Napoli are a really nice team to be just because you are guarenteed goals or chances. Lavezzi is so quick, and Hamsik and Cavani are fantastic. All their movement is ridiculous too, so easy to get chances with them. Problem is their defence is really crappy. But it can be coped with.

Nice to see Swansea up on the update too. Still underrated for me but nice to see everyone really going up. Improves them as a 3.5* team now. Dyer is so quick too. 94 speed and accell. And Sinclair is very nippy too. Well worth being. But if Anzhi are 3.5* as i hear you may as well be them... Gutted Juve went up to 5* too. They went up like 1 point and so that means they are 5*. Frustrating as i loved playing as them. No point now as they are one of the worst 5* teams.

I know everyone has favourites and teams which you play better with etc on your style of play. But what does everyone see as the best teams in each category?

Also the anger you get with fifa i will have to agree is the only sort of anger i get. So frustrating at times.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1654
Original post by Gob Bluth
Scored my best ever fifa goal earlier with Cavani i think it was. Insane overhead kick with incredible technique. Napoli are a really nice team to be just because you are guarenteed goals or chances. Lavezzi is so quick, and Hamsik and Cavani are fantastic. All their movement is ridiculous too, so easy to get chances with them. Problem is their defence is really crappy. But it can be coped with.

Nice to see Swansea up on the update too. Still underrated for me but nice to see everyone really going up. Improves them as a 3.5* team now. Dyer is so quick too. 94 speed and accell. And Sinclair is very nippy too. Well worth being. But if Anzhi are 3.5* as i hear you may as well be them... Gutted Juve went up to 5* too. They went up like 1 point and so that means they are 5*. Frustrating as i loved playing as them. No point now as they are one of the worst 5* teams.

I know everyone has favourites and teams which you play better with etc on your style of play. But what does everyone see as the best teams in each category?

Also the anger you get with fifa i will have to agree is the only sort of anger i get. So frustrating at times.

I used Anzhi before and they have lost the very fast left winger so I can't play Zhirkov at LB anymore but Carlos is still in there so he fits in fine. It is ridiculous though as my game was also against Anzhi and fair play to the guy I was 4-0 up at half time and he stayed until the end, won 6-0 as I was trying to score great goals :awesome:

Liverpool and Napoli are by far and away my two favourite teams at 4.5* and Belgium are a team who are perfect for me. Napoli and Liverpool are far better post-update as well.
Bilbao are a great 4* team, Santos would be but it is too much messing with their formation as everyone stands on everyone elses toes.
I have only used one 5* team online in about the last 50 matches and it was boring as ****. There is just too much fluke and bobble.
Original post by Mess.
You can only save match replays at the end of the game, not any random events during the game itself :sad: At the end of the game, just scroll across to match highlights, save them to your replay centre and then upload from the reply centre :h:
Thanks!

I don't know if its just me or have Arsenal become crazy good? RVP is just a monster, Gerv and Walcott are just pace merchants, and Szcz has become some kind of Casillas clone.
Reply 1656
Original post by doggyfizzel
Thanks!

I don't know if its just me or have Arsenal become crazy good? RVP is just a monster, Gerv and Walcott are just pace merchants, and Szcz has become some kind of Casillas clone.

I haven't used them as they are a 5* team aren't they? I noticed RVP's overall has gone up but what have they changed his pace/strength to?
Original post by Mess.
I haven't used them as they are a 5* team aren't they? I noticed RVP's overall has gone up but what have they changed his pace/strength to?
Not sure exactly, but he is fast, turns on six-pence, and is strong out muscled Vidic earlier, plus his left foot is like Ronaldo. He's a nightmare.
Original post by Mess.
I used Anzhi before and they have lost the very fast left winger so I can't play Zhirkov at LB anymore but Carlos is still in there so he fits in fine. It is ridiculous though as my game was also against Anzhi and fair play to the guy I was 4-0 up at half time and he stayed until the end, won 6-0 as I was trying to score great goals :awesome:

Liverpool and Napoli are by far and away my two favourite teams at 4.5* and Belgium are a team who are perfect for me. Napoli and Liverpool are far better post-update as well.
Bilbao are a great 4* team, Santos would be but it is too much messing with their formation as everyone stands on everyone elses toes.
I have only used one 5* team online in about the last 50 matches and it was boring as ****. There is just too much fluke and bobble.

Using Anzhi now won me 4 in a row and got me out of division 4. Drew first 2 in division 3. Strikers, like Eto mostly are just too good for nearly all the defences.

I love Napoli too. Their front 3 rip defences apart. Defensively weak though. Liverpool i don't mind playing as. Never been a fan of playing as Suarez. Never thought he plays like a 86 rated player. And Bellamy's shooting and finishing is weak. Nevertheless a good team to play as for 4.5*. I went through a Bilbao stage. Got a bit boring. Just made me into an incredibly boring player, who relies on the height and quality of Llorente to bang them in as they haven't really got much else going for them! Santos i went through a stage of too. Neymar is sick, but the rest of the team wasn't really up to it. Seems like a lot of us pick the same teams then as basically all the teams mentioned above plus Swansea (mainly because they are my home team and know their play inside out) are who i have gone through phases of playing as. Juve too, before they went 5* :frown:
FIFA Street demo out today, lads. I'm on 37%

Quick Reply