The Student Room Group

Whats the most ridiculous statement you have ever put in a exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by Nick_000
Inspired by the General Studies thread where people are talking about how they just wrote crap.

So, what is the most ludicrous thing you have ever wrote in an exam? Also, which exam was it?

Made up quotes in an R.E exam... And still got the A* :smug:
Reply 681
Not any major ones, but in a Mock GCSE tech exam I went on a very long rant on a question that was talking about global warming. I refused to answer it... back then I was very passionate about how it seemed/seems to be a conspiracy haha. Teacher wasn't overly pleased.

Not an exam but official GCSE English coursework in year 10. My attitude towards english in year 10 was bad and I didnt realise this "creative writing" coursework was going towards my grade. I made some stupid modern take on cinderella where gok wan seduces the prince who has gay vibes about him. Got given a D and in the next years parents evening I was summarised as an uncreative writer hahaha.

Got my act together in the end and A*'d the last exam. Overall a B though. Same thing happened with history too
A girl in my class, in her GCSE Eng lit exam said that Atticus (in to kill a mockingbird) was black. The WHOLE class cried in laughter.

(For those who haven't read the book, the whole point of the book was the controversy of a white laywer (Atticus) defending a black man back in the day.)
(edited 12 years ago)
got 100% in an AS general studies exam in which every question i wrote about how much i hated david cameron. I even think my final essay ended with the line 'he should be ashamed of himself'.
examiner was smoking crack when they marked that.
Original post by <XOXO>
A girl in my class, in her GCSE Eng lit exam said that Atticus (in to kill a mockingbird) was black.

:tongue: Just kidding, one lad in my old class made the same mistake aha.

This isn't mine, but one of my mates once wrote 'Mel Gibson' as the answer on a Biology exam. That was it. Mel Gibson.
In a Biology GCSE mock exam... it was a question about fungi and why they are of interest to scientists, and I said "Because fungis are entertaining chaps to be with" :facepalm2:
Reply 686
Not an exam but....

My mate got an offer from UCL and a week later a questionaire was sent to said person, a word was mispelled in the questionaire so they decided to correct it.

Rejected
"Or maybe it was just because Mary Seacole was a nice women"

Got full marks on that paper too o.O
Original post by Converse Rocker

:tongue: Just kidding, one lad in my old class made the same mistake aha.

This isn't mine, but one of my mates once wrote 'Mel Gibson' as the answer on a Biology exam. That was it. Mel Gibson.

What instrument can you use to measure abudance? (Something like that)

One of my friends in her biology GSCE wrote:

Sonic screwdriver (hoping the examiner was a doctor who fan)
Reply 689
GCSE Maths Mock. 3 x 5 = 8.

Normally, simple mistake that would be overlooked after a while, but as I took the exam a year early, (got A*) and have gone on to take Maths and Further Maths at A level (class of 2 people -_-) it gets brought up constantly. I still maintain that I misread my own handwriting...

That being said, we (incl. teacher) seem to make an awful lot of similar mistakes in our further classes.. 1x1=2 made an appearance last week.. heh.
I really, really wish I were amazing enough to have put this on a test.

Batman.jpg

Or this.

Elephant.jpg
Original post by Xenite
GCSE Maths Mock. 3 x 5 = 8.

Normally, simple mistake that would be overlooked after a while, but as I took the exam a year early, (got A*) and have gone on to take Maths and Further Maths at A level (class of 2 people -_-) it gets brought up constantly. I still maintain that I misread my own handwriting...

That being said, we (incl. teacher) seem to make an awful lot of similar mistakes in our further classes.. 1x1=2 made an appearance last week.. heh.

Heh, Im the same. Absolutely a monster when it comes to this, Ive even misread numbers for other numbers, the amount of times I've mistaken 8 for 18, 9 for 19 etc.. FML
Not a statement but in GCSE PSE exam there was a question about the environment and I accidentally put pubic instead of public lucky I had enough time in the end to proof read it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 693
Not sure, but my second year Globalisation exam (in which I scored 39%) was probably full of ridiculous statements.
Reply 694
my GSCE citezenship exam asked me to justify one of my multiple choice answers and i couldnt be asked so i just put " in all honesty, it was a total guess. I don't pretend to know anything about British politics"
i still got a C :cool: .....
Reply 695
Original post by Indieboohoo
Not a statement but in GCSE PSE exam there was a question about the environment and I accidentally put pubic instead of public lucky I had enough time in the end to proof read it.

lol
Reply 696
"I'm truly sorry for my ****e handwriting" at the end of the paper!
Reply 697
I wrote a little poem to the examiner in my Maths exam today:

Dear my examiner,
Sorry I don't know the answer.
I wish I knew,
But I ain't got a clue.
I thank you for your time,
This exam made my day fine.
I wonder if I am one of a few,
Who wrote a poem, just for you. (insert many small hearts here)

It's the best I could come up with in ten minutes :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Did anyone just watch Graham Norton? They just went through some funny exam answers. Absolutely hilarious.

One of them was (I am paraphrasing here) What is the difference between sexual and asexual reproduction? The kid wrote, "It feels better"! Lol.
Reply 699
in our media studies exam, we had to come up with a reality game show that promoted good role models. One of my friends came up with midget dwarf wrestling...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending