The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chris49
Applied to: Leeds, Lancaster, Reading, Oxford (rejected) and Bristol UWE. I have noticed that Warwick has places in Extra for Law and Sociology (which I would be interested in). Though I do need it to be a qualifying law degree so I have to make sure I choose the right modules.

What do you think of applying to Warwick via Extra for Law and Sociology? What's the chances of them giving me an offer as I would throw away all 4 offers...

I reckon you've got a pretty good chance of getting the Law+ Soc offer from Warwick. It'd be a qualifying law degree if you were to do it over 4 years. I'd only do it if you were actually interested in sociology though. They have European law in Extra aswell if that floats your bloat. After a quick look, I've seen that Exeter, York and Southampton have places in extra for Law, but tbh none of them are better than Leeds/Lanc in all honesty.
Reply 821
Original post by Tsunami2011
I reckon you've got a pretty good chance of getting the Law+ Soc offer from Warwick. It'd be a qualifying law degree if you were to do it over 4 years. I'd only do it if you were actually interested in sociology though. They have European law in Extra aswell if that floats your bloat. After a quick look, I've seen that Exeter, York and Southampton have places in extra for Law, but tbh none of them are better than Leeds/Lanc in all honesty.

Yeah, I'm doing sociology at the moment and love it (though I am concerned about my GCSEs for Warwick (1A,4B,5C & 1D). Looked at European law, but I don't have any A Levels in a foreign language :s Will ring up Warwick tomorrow to confirm they have places available for the Law/Socio course and go from there. I just PRAY they give me an offer...
Where can I find the university courses available for Extra?

I've been rejected from all my choices and I wanted to see all the options available to me from this point on, thank you :smile:
Original post by TheGrinningSkull
Where can I find the university courses available for Extra?

I've been rejected from all my choices and I wanted to see all the options available to me from this point on, thank you :smile:

This article lists exactly how to do it and any other options available:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UCAS_Extra
Original post by Charlotte13
This article lists exactly how to do it and any other options available:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UCAS_Extra

Thanks, I found this as well for anyone else that's interested ( http://www.ucas.com/coursefinderpilot ), there's a tick box for applying through extra and it'll list the options for you which I thought was pretty cool, not sure how well it works but I hope it does.

Thank you Charlotte :smile:
Original post by Chris49
Yeah, I'm doing sociology at the moment and love it (though I am concerned about my GCSEs for Warwick (1A,4B,5C & 1D). Looked at European law, but I don't have any A Levels in a foreign language :s Will ring up Warwick tomorrow to confirm they have places available for the Law/Socio course and go from there. I just PRAY they give me an offer...

You should be fine mate. My best mate got an offer for straight Law which is arguably one of Warwick's most competitive courses with similar GCSEs. I also got an offer, and our GCSE profile couldn't be more different. Its definitely worth a shot, if the course content interests and you don't mind doing the extra year in order to make it a qualifying degree.
Firmed UCL for v101 History and put Aberdeen as my insurance for History and Politics, excited !!
I have just received an 'unsuccessful' from LJMU....
Yet, I have 360 UCAS points and a good portfolio with industry links, freelance work...what gives!!? :frown:
Reply 828
Original post by USAsininity
I submitted my application on 08/02 for UCL, Edinburgh, LSE, St. Andrews, and Warwick. I received an unconditional from UCL 6 days later and one from Edinburgh a couple of days after that. When can I expect to hear back from LSE (Social Policy and Government), St. Andrews (IR), and Warwick (Politics with International Studies)? I am an international applicant. I am most interested in hearing back from LSE, as I must make some decisions in the next few weeks regarding the US universities which I have received offers from, and I would like to know LSE's decision before I proceed any further.

Thanks!

Congrats on your offer in UCL. and Edinburgh. What are your AP scores?
Original post by new123
Congrats on your offer in UCL. and Edinburgh. What are your AP scores?

Thanks!

Three 5s, four 4s, three predicted 5s, and 2250 SAT.
Reply 830
I have a question about Nursing in University;

In my conditional offer it says;
Satisfactory health check will be required

Receipt of enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure

Do I have to organise a health check with my GP and send/ get him to send Chester University a receipt of the health check?
And at Chester University interview I handed in a CRB disclosure form stating I have no offenses, so will they automatically do the CRB check for me or do I have to organise that as well??
I have firmed a conditional offer at Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh and my insurance is York St John university :biggrin:

At QMU i'll be studying media and at YSJ I will be studying TV and Film :biggrin: So excited for september!
kcl war studies v durham international relations anyone?
Reply 833
Original post by maxcartwright
kcl war studies v durham international relations anyone?

I think Durham
Original post by Nadine10
I think Durham

why? :smile:
Reply 835
Original post by maxcartwright
why? :smile:

I think it has a better reputation, and but the course is more broad, so you can expand from it later.
Original post by lausa22
I have a question about Nursing in University;

In my conditional offer it says;
Satisfactory health check will be required

Receipt of enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure

Do I have to organise a health check with my GP and send/ get him to send Chester University a receipt of the health check?
And at Chester University interview I handed in a CRB disclosure form stating I have no offenses, so will they automatically do the CRB check for me or do I have to organise that as well??

Chester will send you more information about this in due course, more than likely after you accept the offer and it becomes conditional firm/insurance.
I would assume that there is a standard form for all nursing trainees which is set by the nursing and midwifery council as in order to become a qualified nurse you will need to pass their health assessments. This is how it works in the teaching profession. Therefore I'd imagine that you will be sent this form in the post and asked to take it to your GP. Some GPs charge for the service and others do it for free.

Then in terms of your CRB again, they will let you know what's happening, but if you had to fill in a form at interview then they will probably process it for you (and ask you for the payment) but if they want you to do it yourself then they will contact you with details.
Reply 837
I've applied for Chichester, Coventry, Roehampton, Bucks ad Oxford Brookes, for Sport psychology and I can't seem to find anyone that's doing the course, or even that's applied to the same uni's. Am I going to be the only one!? Lol
Reply 838
Original post by zerlendi
Application sent: 11-Jan-2012
Uni: Edinburgh
Course: Religious Studies
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
Offer Grades: Obtain Diploma de Bacalaureat (Romania) with 9.0 in three written subjects and overall average score of 8.8
Date Offer Received: 29th February
Reaction: Very very happy. Edinburgh is my firm, although the offer is a bit confusing: there are only three subjects in a Bacalaureat; Edinburgh asks for 9 in each subject and an overall average of 8.8?! I will address to clarify the situation. YAY!

Same :smile: well done!
Did they ask you an IELTS test though?
Reply 839
Original post by esli4991
Same :smile: well done!
Did they ask you an IELTS test though?

Yes, they did, but I did not mention this here since I already scored the required grade (a TOEFL actually). Which exam are you sitting (for admission, not the English Proficiency Exam)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending