The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Worriedstudent1893
anyone heard anything from edinburgh college of art? anything at all?

Don't be worried, student. They take ages. Things are just starting to happen. Patience is going to be essential with ECA.
Rang Edinburgh yesterday about BA painting as I haven't heard and other people have and they said there may be a few applicants whose portfolios haven't been reviewed because it takes a whole to communicate between eca and Edinburgh uni. They were pretty vague but said we should hear soon :s-smilie:
Reply 1202
Yay! Chelsea interview:] maybe their doing it alphabetically? Anyone else heard back?
Original post by cocacola123
Rang Edinburgh yesterday about BA painting as I haven't heard and other people have and they said there may be a few applicants whose portfolios haven't been reviewed because it takes a whole to communicate between eca and Edinburgh uni. They were pretty vague but said we should hear soon :s-smilie:

So relieved that i just read this!
Reply 1204
Original post by Farout
Yay! Chelsea interview:] maybe their doing it alphabetically? Anyone else heard back?

Still not heard :frown:
Reply 1205
Original post by Farout

Well done though :smile:
Reply 1206
Original post by Farout

Just heard this morning..... Ive given up trying to guess!
Hey just had Critical fine art practice Brighton interview, bit of waiting around this time interview appt was 11am, had to put work in room with two other applicants (one was late), one student in front of me so came back 11.50am. The course director tutor artist glasses chap, one 2nd year student and a female tutor technician. They seemed friendly but like to know you love reading and the director man emphasized tht its a tough course. They seemed more interested in me than wimbledon a bit more personal. il hear within next three weeks. Seeing as they inteviewed me quite carefully im confused about whether id go there or not now! Will wait and see what happens. On train home probably gonna go to bed now, feeling so sick today! 2 down, week break then 2 to go...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kindkydinky
well good luck to you :smile: which course did you apply for?

Why thank you! and good luck to you too. :biggrin: I applyed for Fine Art. what about you?
Reply 1209
Original post by Soares
Still not heard :frown:

Original post by Soares
Well done though :smile:

Thanks, at least the balls rolling..so don't give up hope, there's still time :wink:

Original post by KED
Just heard this morning..... Ive given up trying to guess!

Well done! I have to go down on the 13th, how about you? :]
Reply 1210
Original post by Farout
Thanks, at least the balls rolling..so don't give up hope, there's still time :wink:

Well done! I have to go down on the 13th, how about you? :]

Thank you :smile: They havent said a date yet - I just got the notification on track saying they would be emailing me directly in 48 hrs - big relief, at least I now have three possibles instead of two!

My mania has also died down and Im finally trying to catch up with all my CURRENT course work - never mind anxi-a-fying about my unknown future!
Reply 1211
Original post by KED
Thank you :smile: They havent said a date yet - I just got the notification on track saying they would be emailing me directly in 48 hrs - big relief, at least I now have three possibles instead of two!

My mania has also died down and Im finally trying to catch up with all my CURRENT course work - never mind anxi-a-fying about my unknown future!

If you click on the course code you should find out the date:]

Tell me about its pretty intense atm... I have my FMP to do, and every week for the next 3 weeks I have an interview .. its crazy lol But I wouldn't want it any other way:]
Good luck with everything, I hope everyone gets the place and the grades they deserve!
Reply 1212
Original post by Farout
If you click on the course code you should find out the date:]

Tell me about its pretty intense atm... I have my FMP to do, and every week for the next 3 weeks I have an interview .. its crazy lol But I wouldn't want it any other way:]
Good luck with everything, I hope everyone gets the place and the grades they deserve!

woops - thanks, I completely missed the date there! 13th at 9.30am - at least its a good amount of notice compared to Camberwell (2 days)!
Anyone heard from Wimbledon yet that isn't a ccw student already? I'm bored of waiting!
Reply 1214
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
Anyone heard from Wimbledon yet that isn't a ccw student already? I'm bored of waiting!

yeah I have, and I''m not a ccw student, maybe give them a call?
Reply 1215
what course did you apply for?
Original post by Farout
yeah I have, and I''m not a ccw student, maybe give them a call?

Sculpture, when was your interview?
i am but it only came through on track today :smile:

I also went to chelsea today after seeing the picasso exhibiton and to use the library. It's nice but i still dont see what all the hype is about...
Reply 1218
Original post by kaylafrances
i am but it only came through on track today :smile:

I also went to chelsea today after seeing the picasso exhibiton and to use the library. It's nice but i still dont see what all the hype is about...

have you seen the kiefer show at white cube? Wimbledon got me into him
Original post by Soares
have you seen the kiefer show at white cube? Wimbledon got me into him

no i havent, just googled it... looks interesting. Dyou mean you heard about him during your foundation?
Started my FMP and laurence told me to look at a lot of american artists...oh noooos

Quick Reply

Latest