The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Uel 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whizz-kid
UEL docklands campus is amazing by the royal albert docks, wonderful sea breeze messing ure hair about lol overlooking great buildings

Are you a fresher at UEL, mate?
You are the first person I know from UEL that has a profile on TSR. :tongue:
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Original post by SoulfulBoy

yeah im in my first year- i feel so special :smile: :biggrin:
yeah im in my first year- i feel so special :smile: :biggrin:

Are you at halls? lol why do you feel special, because you are from UEL? :tongue:
Are you at halls? lol why do you feel special, because you are from UEL? :tongue:

no im not living in halls I do hour and half journey from S.W. london, I feel special because; as you said i guess im the only one who is from uel who is on tsr
no im not living in halls I do hour and half journey from S.W. london, I feel special because; as you said i guess im the only one who is from uel who is on tsr

I am from UEL too. :wink:
I am from UEL too. :wink:

it's great to know that someones from uel! :smile:
Reply 46

yo, you know me way before him. and you still didn't tell me how you know who I am (i study creative writing if that rings any bells)
Original post by Torrchy
yo, you know me way before him. and you still didn't tell me how you know who I am (i study creative writing if that rings any bells)

That's true :tongue: No need to tell me what you study, I know who you are but I have not talked to you directly.
Reply 48
That's true :tongue: No need to tell me what you study, I know who you are but I have not talked to you directly.

Seriously, who the F are you?! :biggrin:
There are alot of UEL students on here, but we have to hide our identity because of the ignorant posh people on here, this is why we need our own sub forum, to be with our own people :biggrin:
it's great to know that someones from uel! :smile:

What will you be studying?
Has anyone applied to do Anthropology at UEL? :smile:
Reply 52
Hi everyone, i applyed for criminology and psychology and received an offer for sept 2012. So if this is my final choice,i'll study there!
is there anyone who is already attending these courses?
ah,i forgot,i am italian so i will be an EU student!
Original post by Maria1512
Hi everyone, i applyed for criminology and psychology and received an offer for sept 2012. So if this is my final choice,i'll study there!
is there anyone who is already attending these courses?
ah,i forgot,i am italian so i will be an EU student!

Cool welcome to UEL! Where about's are you from in Italy?

Don't worry, you wont be the only European student; there are many European students at UEL. I have a lot of friends who are from Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Lithuania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain etc.

What made you apply to UEL?
Reply 54
Original post by ukstudent1989
Cool welcome to UEL! Where about's are you from in Italy?

Don't worry, you wont be the only European student; there are many European students at UEL. I have a lot of friends who are from Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Lithuania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain etc.

What made you apply to UEL?

Thank you :biggrin: even if i still havent done my final choose :smile:
Exactly,i am from Sicily :smile: I appyed to UEL because it seems to propose the right course for me and also it requires what i already have (i mean IELTS etc..) Besides i only applyed for university placed in London,so..:smile:
What are you studying there?how is student life? :smile:
Sorry but i dont know exactly how student life develops in uk,above all for what regards lecturers,exams etc..
Thank you :biggrin: even if i still havent done my final choose :smile:
Exactly,i am from Sicily :smile: I appyed to UEL because it seems to propose the right course for me and also it requires what i already have (i mean IELTS etc..) Besides i only applyed for university placed in London,so..:smile:
What are you studying there?how is student life? :smile:
Sorry but i dont know exactly how student life develops in uk,above all for what regards lecturers,exams etc..

I'm jealous, I want to go to Sicily :biggrin: What were the other universities you applied for? I can tell you what ones are the best and worst etc....

I'm studying International Business, and I'm based at the docklands campus. What campus will you be at? (there are two; one at Docklands, and one at Stratford)

Student life is very good. If your living on campus, you will love it. The on campus accommodation is very nice, and the apartments are massive. I don't live on campus, but there are plenty of things to do and plenty of parties going on. There are lots of British and European students living on campus! Also you will be in one of the best cities in the world, and there huge amounts of things to do in London :smile: (The weather is not as good as Sicily though :biggrin:)
Reply 56
You are right to be jelous,Sicily is lovely :smile: I also applied for City,Roehampton,Greenwich and South Bank :smile: i still dont know in which campus i'll be and yes,im going to live in college. London is certainly one of the best of the world,it doesnt matter the weather:smile: i have been there so many that i decided to live there :smile: the only thing that scare me at the moment are lecturers,study works,exams etc...:frown:
You are right to be jelous,Sicily is lovely :smile: I also applied for City,Roehampton,Greenwich and South Bank :smile: i still dont know in which campus i'll be and yes,im going to live in college. London is certainly one of the best of the world,it doesnt matter the weather:smile: i have been there so many that i decided to live there :smile: the only thing that scare me at the moment are lecturers,study works,exams etc...:frown:

I think you will be based at the Stratford Campus, but the student accomodation is based at the docklands campus, which means you can spend time at both campuses which is good.

Also dont worry about the work, lectures etc. These are things that all students face when going to university, but it just becomes normal after a while. University has a lot more freedom than school or college does so you will be fine, dont worry! In fact the lectures are pretty cool; you sit in massive lecture theatre and just listen and take notes. Seminars are more interactive and are class room based or pratical based. Theres are mixture of exams, assingments and group work etc.

In terms of the universities you have applied to, I wouldnt go any where near South Bank! South Bank university is one of the worst universities in the UK and has a realy bad reputation, and there campus is crap! City university is very good and has a very good reputation and the campus is nice. I dont know much about Roehampton so cant help you on that one. Greenwich is also a good university, has a nice historic campus and the reputation is ok. The obvously you have the University of East London which in my opinion is very good, and has a brilliant campus! :biggrin:
Reply 58
Original post by ukstudent1989
I think you will be based at the Stratford Campus, but the student accomodation is based at the docklands campus, which means you can spend time at both campuses which is good.

Also dont worry about the work, lectures etc. These are things that all students face when going to university, but it just becomes normal after a while. University has a lot more freedom than school or college does so you will be fine, dont worry! In fact the lectures are pretty cool; you sit in massive lecture theatre and just listen and take notes. Seminars are more interactive and are class room based or pratical based. Theres are mixture of exams, assingments and group work etc.

In terms of the universities you have applied to, I wouldnt go any where near South Bank! South Bank university is one of the worst universities in the UK and has a realy bad reputation, and there campus is crap! City university is very good and has a very good reputation and the campus is nice. I dont know much about Roehampton so cant help you on that one. Greenwich is also a good university, has a nice historic campus and the reputation is ok. The obvously you have the University of East London which in my opinion is very good, and has a brilliant campus! :biggrin:

Nice :smile: are the campus far from each other?
thank you for your advices about universities, i think i'll decide between UEL,Roehampton and Greenwich :smile:
Nice :smile: are the campus far from each other?
thank you for your advices about universities, i think i'll decide between UEL,Roehampton and Greenwich :smile:

Don't forget City university as well, they are good.

Thats ok :smile: if you need to know anything else I can tell you or you can pm me?

No the campuses are not far from each other at all. Both campuses are very large, and both have there pro's and con's. You can either travel between campuses through the universities own mini bus service which is free, and runs a few times a day. Or you can get the train, or you can get the bus. The docklands campus has a train station on campus, and the Stratford campus is a five minute walk from Stratford train station.

Quick Reply

Latest