The Student Room Group

Skins

Scroll to see replies

frankie is a massive dick what is the point of her other than to be incredibly annoying
I thought that Nick's episode sucked so much, only the last 10-15 minutes was worth watching and I felt like it picked up.

but sadly, they ruined the best character who had so much potential. he was a jock last series, and now he's just as bland and generic as a background character. if it wasn't for Matty, I would have no idea what they would have done with Nick.

also the Nick and Alex kiss was incredibly pointless
Reply 1662
what i dont get about skins, is mini was so reluctant to sleep with nick.. i think she did? and it was a massive deal, and now shes shagging that alo like a rabbit, bonk bonk bonk bonk, and now shes pregnant... when did sex go from omg i dont do it but brag about it all the time, to i do it all the time and dont talk about it at all? maybe i missed an episode somewere
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from. On doing a little online research I came across these videos and conversations which have reminded me of what they were like with each other last series. But it's funny cos before seeing these recently I'd completely forgotten that they'd even had much of a close connection with each other for so long.

[video="youtube;JIUHaLavyZU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIUHaLavyZU[/video]

http://www.fanforum.com/f287/swing-lovers-%7Bnick-%E1%83%A6-franky%7D-1-unexpected-scene-unexpected-62987642/

Sorry...even with that video I don't see it. In the previous series they were just friends....and now! That sex scene was so cringeworthy. Frankie just annoys me now....shes so different from the previous series, when she was actually quite an interesting character. Now she just seems like a 15 year old who doesn't know what she wants.

Original post by RinniieX
what i dont get about skins, is mini was so reluctant to sleep with nick.. i think she did? and it was a massive deal, and now shes shagging that alo like a rabbit, bonk bonk bonk bonk, and now shes pregnant... when did sex go from omg i dont do it but brag about it all the time, to i do it all the time and dont talk about it at all? maybe i missed an episode somewere

I think the idea was that everyone assumed shed lost her virginity, but she was yet not ready to. So she felt pressured into it, and uncomfortable, and of course losing virginity for a girl (especially if the other person is unaware) can really be quite unpleasant. Once she'd lost it....then yeah she doesn't care anymore. But i get your point...if they were to bring up a teen pregnancy i thought it wiuld be Liv. Although...are we to assume she's keeping the baby....even without telling Allo?

Also...did anyone feel that the beginning of the last episode was so rude! I thought were supposed to like the main characters, but I thought they were the bitchy ones who had turned up to some random house party that wasn't their thing and just made fun of them....oh and stole their medicine....
imo skins has gone down from season 3.....some of season 4 was bearable, and stopped watching half way through last season.....reading this thread has given me nostalgia so tempted to start watching it through from the beginning again :cool:
Original post by Mother_Russia

Also...did anyone feel that the beginning of the last episode was so rude! I thought were supposed to like the main characters, but I thought they were the bitchy ones who had turned up to some random house party that wasn't their thing and just made fun of them....oh and stole their medicine....

agree, i think it was supposed to make them look "cool" but it just made them look like *****
The guy who plays Nick is a good actor, I hope he goes on to do something better than this crap. Mini is also a good actor, and I can't decide on Franky.

yeahhh same, i actually thought the music was good haha
Original post by TheBlackMonster

also the Nick and Alex kiss was incredibly pointless

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by panda1093
Thank you for the spoiler!

No offence, but if you can't watch an already aired episode on time, then maybe you shouldn't be looking in this thread. Anyway, I already saw them kissing many weeks ago in the long trailer for the series.

Negged for giving out some advice? Thanks :rolleyes:

Sorry...even with that video I don't see it. In the previous series they were just friends....and now! That sex scene was so cringeworthy.

To be fair, when I think about it it's maybe not that unrealistic. I remember when I was at school, I knew a couple like that who were just good friends for ages, and suddenly one day out of the blue and much to my surprise they were dating. Then again, I do agree that the buildup to the Franky/Nick pairing should have been made more obvious earlier to the general viewers, because lately it just seems a bit rushed.
(edited 12 years ago)
How many times do they have to say the 'f' word in each sentence :nothing:

and i agree, it would be good be good if they brought in a dark skinned black girl and an asian to spice things up a bit
Why do you guys still watch this?

I'm genuinely curious...
Are the writers intentionally saying 'head ****' 'mind ****' and other variations, multiple times in every episode?
Original post by Doughnuts!!

I'm genuinely curious...

Guilty pleasure TV.

I try to stay away but I'm drawn to those cheesy storylines like a moth to a flame.
No offence, but if you can't watch an already aired episode on time, then maybe you shouldn't be looking in this thread. Anyway, I already saw them kissing many weeks ago in the long trailer for the series.

Negged for giving out some advice? Thanks :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I didn't really neg you, not that I know, I might have pressed the neg button by accident as I was online with my phone.
However, I was in Spain and couldn't watch the new episode and I didn't mean to offend you nor to be rude. :smile:

However, I have just watched the Nick episode and liked it a lot!
Awesome soundtrack, and the girl Nick sleeps with is so pretty :biggrin:
Original post by Doughnuts!!

I'm genuinely curious...

I've always liked Skins, and I still find it OK at the moment. I guess I'm hoping for it to get better again.

Original post by original_username
Are the writers intentionally saying 'head ****' 'mind ****' and other variations, multiple times in every episode?

Haha, yeah, I don't even know anyone in real life who even says those phrases :s-smilie:

I'm sorry but I didn't really neg you, not that I know, I might have pressed the neg button by accident as I was online with my phone.
However, I was in Spain and couldn't watch the new episode and I didn't mean to offend you nor to be rude. :smile:

However, I have just watched the Nick episode and liked it a lot!
Awesome soundtrack, and the girl Nick sleeps with is so pretty :biggrin:

Oh damn, really? I feel a bit bad now, sorry :o:

Oh damn, really? I feel a bit bad now, sorry :o:

yes really hehe, it's ok :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to the next episode :3 I'm curious to see how the Alo/Mini relationship develops!
yes really hehe, it's ok :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to the next episode :3 I'm curious to see how the Alo/Mini relationship develops!

Me too! I really have no idea what's gonna happen between those too so I'm excited to find out. Looks like Alo gets a new girlfriend, or some sort of fling, and then I wonder if Mini is gonna keep her baby and how long will it take her to tell Alo? Will seeing Alo with the new girl make her jealous and feel differently for Alo?
Me too! I really have no idea what's gonna happen between those too so I'm excited to find out. Looks like Alo gets a new girlfriend, or some sort of fling, and then I wonder if Mini is gonna keep her baby and how long will it take her to tell Alo? Will seeing Alo with the new girl make her jealous and feel differently for Alo?

Who knows! But I think Mini won't keep the baby...
Who knows! But I think Mini won't keep the baby...

Why do you say that?

I suppose it could go either way, but there was already a character in the first generation who had an abortion, so perhaps another abortion would be too predictable? I think maybe she'll keep the baby to try and prove to Alo that she's capable of loving someone, and perhaps maybe try and get back with him as well. It's a bit hard to really guess at this point, but I can't wait to see.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending