The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3920
is anyone here on prescribed sleeping pills? also what kind?
Really really not doing ok...
Original post by angelbones
I've been smoking far too much lately :colondollar:

Naughty! :spank:
Original post by rmhumphries

What's up? :frown:
Guys I've got awesome news from the crisis team: Jelly and ice cream are good for hearing voices.

I kid you not. That is what they said. :facepalm:
Reply 3925
Original post by Shippy

Erm Zopiclone 7.5mg at the moment. Why?
Original post by Shippy

I've been on Zopiclone, Zolpidem, temazepam, melatonin and now I'm on nitrazepam. If you have any questions on any of them then feel free.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Guys I've got awesome news from the crisis team: Jelly and ice cream are good for hearing voices.

:rofl:
Arghhh. Do not know what to do. Respite or not.
Reply 3928
Haven't had a good morning. Problems with my friends again. I'm bunking the next part of the lesson. Go out somewhere. Then go home.

And I had a panic attack last night. Had to call the ambulance because I didn't know what was happening.
Original post by 35mm_
Arghhh. Do not know what to do. Respite or not.

If you're being offered respite (that isn't hospital) take it. It was really helpful for me and you can discharge yourself at anytime, they can't section you to stay there.
If you're being offered respite (that isn't hospital) take it. It was really helpful for me and you can discharge yourself at anytime, they can't section you to stay there.

I do want to go because I think it would help a lot, but I just can't bring myself to do it to my mom. I've only just came home and she said it'd break her heart to see me go back into hospital/respite again. When I first went into hospital she tried to kill herself, and she's not exactly stable now, so I don't want her to do that again if I agree to go in.
My sister's just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes :frown:
Starting mirtazapine. :s-smilie:
Original post by Rainfaery
Starting mirtazapine. :s-smilie:

Good luck, it worked well for me but I had to stop cause it made me sleep in.

I really really wish I'd moved out instead of going back home for uni when I changed course 3 years ago. It's weird how much I loathed halls and hated school and felt unhappy there for so long without them making me depressed. I just want to get rid of it, I'm sick of it distorting my identity like this. And I spoke too soon about withdrawal, I couldn't eat all day yesterday and threw up water and had the ****s. **** off body, your tantrums will not make me give in.

Noodlz - They seriously think ice cream and jelly help with voices? That is bizarre. Would be nice if it were true. I've never had a form of psychosis but I dont see how it would.
Original post by 35mm_
I do want to go because I think it would help a lot, but I just can't bring myself to do it to my mom. I've only just came home and she said it'd break her heart to see me go back into hospital/respite again. When I first went into hospital she tried to kill herself, and she's not exactly stable now, so I don't want her to do that again if I agree to go in.

Wow that's such a similar situation to mine. My mum is very emotionally unstable which is why I've never told her I have mental health problems or have been in hospital. I assume you're currently living with her? You could always lie and say you're going on holiday with friends or staying at a friends house and that way you can still visit in the day as you are allowed leave at respite places.
Feel like utter **** today. Cried for a while. Everything is so overwhelming. I haven't heard anything from the therapist yet. What a waste of an embarrassing trip to the GP to tell him I'm depressed out of my ass.

I have work on Monday and I am dreading the journey. I a, seriously hoping to get a car so I don't have to worry about people staring at me I feel like such a dick, its unreal.
Reply 3936
Got admitted for a week, only just got out. Told my GP that I thought she was part of a group who wan to hurt me. She sent me to an A&E. They put ****ing police officers outside my cubicle incase I tried to run. Then got threatened with section if I didn't go to hospital voluntarily. No beds in the local hospital so was taken to a high security intensive unit where I was stripped, searched, had everything removed from me including the underwear I was wearing and forced to take sedatives as me asking to be discharged was 'hostile behaviour'. Finally got discharged to my local hospital where again, threatened with section when I tried to leave. Told me I was schizophrenic put me on antipsychotics. Next psychiatrist I saw decided to take me off the antipsychotics, transfer me to a crisis house where I wanted to go initially. Then the crisis team rocked up decided they want me to go home so I'm now in the ****ing basement of my halls scared ****less about the spies, not given medication that could possible help, pissed at the people who put me in hospital and feeling suicidal but can't call the crisis team because I am NEVER going back into hospital again.

For anyone who thinks hospital is place of rest or respite it's not. It is a last resort for times of serious crisis.

:hugs: Oh love, I'm so sorry you've had such a horrible time of it. I've never been hospitalised, but I used to work on a psych unit. The atmosphere felt rather stressful cause you're aware of the nurses constantly watching everyone - Including me, and I wasn't even a patient - lol. Having said that though, the rooms looked really comfortable and the weekend staff were sooo much more relaxed than the weekday ones, it was like a different place at the weekends! Did you find that?

Original post by avhhs
I am not being admitted into hospital :smile:

Hey you, :smile: that's good news! What support have they left you with though?

Original post by Shippy

Yup. Zopiclone 7.5 mg. They stop working so well if you take them every night, but then no sleep for me if I don't. :frown: It's not quite like natural sleep, but so very much better than nothing. Not much of a hangover from them in the morning, but I do feel a little groggy.

:hugs: Wanna talk about it? Hope you feel better soon

Original post by ParadoxSocks
My sister's just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes :frown:

Ah that's crap. I'm sorry. My dad's diabetic - if she's careful with it, she should be fine.

I got my hamster by the way :smile: - I have called him MC Hamster, (although it might get changed to Marcus, I'm not sure.) He's soo cute, but they didn't handle him much at the shop so I'm having to slowly get him used to it. Any tips?

Was awful going to get him though :frown: Started shaking really badly when I got to the till - the shop was so crowded. Had to ask my friend to carry him in case I dropped him and everyone was staring. :frown: :frown:

Wtf, seriously? :/

Damn, I wish it was that easy. :frown:

:console: What's up?

Naughty! :spank:

I know :colondollar: Hanging around with someone who smokes like a chimney isn't the best idea.
My CPN is trying to find me a bed :frown:

Latest